Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painting a dreadnaught

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deletethisuser
Blind Ratling Sniper
deletethisuser

Painting a dreadnaught Empty
PostSubject: Painting a dreadnaught   Painting a dreadnaught Icon_minitime2nd September 2009, 4:06 pm

Hello everybody!

I'm painting the AoBR dread in imperial fists colors (my version of them at least) and I am having some trouble with the symbols and such and was hoping for some inspiration from you guys. If you want to see some pictures of it as it is now (more or less) you can take a peek at my blog (http://flekkzo.blogspot.com). I'm thinking of giving it a name, but where should it go? There are three "nametags" on it after all, one on the front, one on the leg, and a really small one on the back. I'm also thinking of giving it a number (I in this case) to number all my dreads.

Also while I'm asking questions, anyone who knows a real good place to buy some transfer sheets you can print on here in the US? My free hand is awful and I'm thinking of printing up stuff like names etc to transfer to the model.

Let me know if you rather have me post images directly in the forum btw, I was a bit lazy this time I must confess:)

Flekkzo
Back to top Go down
http://flekkzo.blogspot.com
Itkovian
Blind Ratling Sniper
Itkovian

PostSubject: Re: Painting a dreadnaught   Painting a dreadnaught Icon_minitime3rd September 2009, 5:43 am

Hmm, I'd say put the name on the sarcophagus, definitely. A motto on the leg, and the number either on the backpack, shoulderpad or the left hand side of the torso (between the sensors and the random rectangular blocks).

All that yellow... You're a braver man than I.
Back to top Go down
http://itkovian.blogspot.com
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

Location : Crouching in a hole with a lasgun in Sulphur Springs AR

PostSubject: Re: Painting a dreadnaught   Painting a dreadnaught Icon_minitime3rd September 2009, 6:52 pm

Wow, that is very yellow. Shocked I guess it doesn't matter with the fists though: if your their enemy and you see them coming from a long way off, your still screwed.

As far as the name, definitely put it at least on the front, and I agree that a motto would look cool somewhere. The foot for instance: what's Latin for "your a** here"? Twisted Evil No reason a dreadnought can't have a little attitude.

The transfer sheets I don't know about. You might see if your local hobby shop or Hobby Lobby has some. Some of the forum moderators might know a place online you can get them though.
Back to top Go down
deletethisuser
Blind Ratling Sniper
deletethisuser

PostSubject: Re: Painting a dreadnaught   Painting a dreadnaught Icon_minitime5th September 2009, 12:50 am

It sure is a lot of yellow:) But I am far from a master painter, I just ended up choosing the Imperial Fists and do my best with the painting.

I am thinking of "Oderint dum metuant" for motto. It's been used before, is pretty mean, and I know how to spell it:)
Back to top Go down
http://flekkzo.blogspot.com
Warhamster77
Squig with flatulence
Warhamster77

PostSubject: Re: Painting a dreadnaught   Painting a dreadnaught Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 12:03 pm

well I am a master bator, but that paint scheme sound fairly simple, and should be executed dynamically, even if you are underestimating your paint skills
Back to top Go down
Warhamster77
Squig with flatulence
Warhamster77

PostSubject: Re: Painting a dreadnaught   Painting a dreadnaught Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 12:06 pm

www.belloflostsouls.com has lots, and lots and lots of downloadable transfers that you can print yourself, using the Testors Decal Maker that can be picked up at Hobby Lobby for about $8.00, and they also sell extra sheets of transfer paper. once you print it, let it dry for at least a day before you spray that little can on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting a dreadnaught   Painting a dreadnaught Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting a dreadnaught
Page 1 of 1