Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Fantasy armies

Go down 
+6
Khaas
Marz
Bane
bsimon
capnwoodrow
Bartholomew
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bartholomew
Blue Horror Telling a Knock Knock Joke
Bartholomew

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime10th February 2012, 7:51 pm

so the next set of rumors that I am finding are that Bretonnians are next. This could be interesting along with the fact that they are saying dwarves and even lizards getting books this year also... :O

Anyone else finding anything different or are these the same rumors?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime10th February 2012, 11:43 pm

From what I understand the next armies are:

Empire
Dwarves
????
Warriors

That's been a lot of the rumor chatter for the books this year.
Back to top Go down
Bartholomew
Bartholomew

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime10th February 2012, 11:46 pm

Cap'n what sources are you guys seeing this on. I found a few sites but not exactly sure how accurate they are. This once source claims to have inside knowledge., but this is the internet after all....
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime11th February 2012, 12:06 am

Warseer over the last few months. I haven't checked recently. If new Bret rumors are breaking we are going to have a big meta shift locally.
Back to top Go down
Bartholomew
Bartholomew

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime11th February 2012, 12:17 am

My box will get cracked back open. Smile
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime11th February 2012, 1:13 am

Brian Preece pointed out that they've been redoing books with custom magic lores as all of this edition. That would imply High Elves and/ or Wood Elves next. Brettonians sure need it too though.
Back to top Go down
Bartholomew
Bartholomew

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime11th February 2012, 9:48 am

Yea. I agree. I could not find anything saying High elves are being worked on. The stuff I found was brets, dwarves, and lizards. I'm not really sure why lizards. I feel they are fine for now. Rumors are rumors though. until leaked stuff hits the web I don't believe it much.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 12:05 pm

I heard Empire was just going to be a White Dwarf update for now, then Dwarfs. Bret's need to be in there somewhere though. And Warriors will be end of the year prob.
Back to top Go down
Marz
Nurgling on Antibiotics
Marz

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 12:16 pm

I sure do hope Dwarfs get an update. My flame cannon is gathering dust.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 12:35 pm

It'd be nice if they'd do an official Chaos Dwarf book imo. I'm anxious to see what's next though.
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
sithkhan
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
sithkhan

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 12:39 pm

Khaas wrote:
It'd be nice if they'd do an official Chaos Dwarf book imo. I'm anxious to see what's next though.

There is an official Chaos Dwarf book - The Book of Tamurkhan from ForgeWorld has a complete and legal Chaos Dwarf list. Not only that, but it has the rules that allow the use of the Chaos Dwarf units in a Warriors of Chaos army as well. Too bad that this will be the only WFB book put out by them; rumor has the remaining three books cancelled. Sad
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 12:42 pm

Ah, I didn't realize that was considered "legal". Still, it would be nice to see them turned into a proper army from GW.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime15th February 2012, 4:21 am

At this point ordering from FW isn't that much different, $$ wise, than ordering from GW. =(
Back to top Go down
Bartholomew
Bartholomew

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime15th February 2012, 7:42 pm

Hell, in a few months Forgeworld will be cheaper...
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 9:44 am

Well this thread is full of wrong! :p

Empire is out next and is a full book. Warriors I believe is next but that's far enough out it could change. I've heard nothing of dwarfs. But as GW is fixing books that 8th ed didn't work well with over just doing what is the oldest, dwarfs are plausible. Chaos Dwarfs are in the new forgeworld book. They are official. The Dwarfs are brutal awesome. I've stated out and priced several armies and it isn't that much more money than a GW army. Expensive models but low count. Up to 18pts a piece of Core dudes. Forgeworld did cancel the next 3 books. I'm personally glad about this. They were going to make a book for each chaos god. That's too much chaos! Either in February or March the 2nd forgeworld book is coming out. It's going to be a D&D monster manual type thing with 150ish monsters and beasts for narrative battles or adding to armies. There is also going to be a monster for each lore of magic, two of which are already out. The idol of Mork or maybe Gork... and the elemental of beasts. So forge world is still cranking out books just dropped the 4 books of chaos.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 10:12 am

So, is the Chaos book on Forgeworld somewhat like the old Realm of Chaos supplement with a book that covers Beasts, Warriors, etc? I'm planning on picking it up either way, because I find myself more and more obsessed with Chaos - but I'm curious to know what to expect.
Back to top Go down
sithkhan
sithkhan

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 5:40 pm

littleboyblues wrote:
Forgeworld did cancel the next 3 books. I'm personally glad about this. They were going to make a book for each chaos god. That's too much chaos!

Sir, I feel it necessary to tell you that them there are fighting words ... heh.

Khaas - The book talks about the rise of a Chosen of Nurgle. It has fantastic, and I mean FANTASTIC fluff, plus it outlines six new scenarios that go along with the story. It also has new Warriors of Chaos characters, Empire characters and units, and the whole Chaos Dwarf army list. Sadly, there are no rules to allow Beastmen, but I am certain that with the Storm of Magic rules it should not be too difficult to convince an opponent to allow you to sub in points from whatever army you desire.

I too dream of a unified Chaos Army book ... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 5:42 pm

I'm definitely picking it up then, I'm not much into Nurgle honestly. But, I'm all in with regards to Chaos. And the more fluff the merrier.
Back to top Go down
sithkhan
sithkhan

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 5:45 pm

Ares may still be able to score it for you without any shipping costs. You should holler at the boss-man and see ...
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 5:47 pm

Will do, thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime17th February 2012, 5:41 am

The Book is friggin amazing. I would recommend it to any fantasy player. I wasn't hating on chaos per say I just think four 75 dollar books in a row about chaos over a 6 year span is overly redundant. There is so much they could expand upon in the world.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime17th February 2012, 9:28 am

I can't wait for the bestiary. I'm running snipey death lizard list with a basilisk running around gazing at characters.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime17th February 2012, 10:58 am

I hear they aren't releasing a new fantasy book, but instead are taking the game into a completely different direction: Twilight Hammer- complete with sparkling Vampire Counts.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime17th February 2012, 11:41 pm

Quote :
I can't wait for the bestiary.

At first I thought you said "Bestiality". Which made me laugh. Gives a whole new meaning to "Doom Bull" doesn't it...
Back to top Go down
Bartholomew
Bartholomew

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime18th February 2012, 11:18 pm

So it appears that the latest army to come out will be Empire on april 7th.... :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Fantasy armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fantasy armies   New Fantasy armies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Fantasy armies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next