Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terminator Armies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

Terminator Armies Empty
PostSubject: Terminator Armies   Terminator Armies Icon_minitime16th March 2011, 2:54 pm

I have several squads of terminators lying around that are most likely not going to see action in my BA army, and I've always wanted to make an all terminator army.

I was wondering what the different HQ possibilities are that make this possible (i know there's a SW, DA, and GK... i don't own the codices to check the pros and cons of each) is running them the only way to make this list possible?

also, what sort of other units would need to be included to make an army of this sort viable?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

Terminator Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armies   Terminator Armies Icon_minitime16th March 2011, 3:17 pm

SW - Loganwing really only uses 1 termi per squad

GK - Don't know enough yet, but the other options are seeming better atm.

DA - Deathwing is actually pretty good, talk to Sweet E. Unfortunately, DW uses primarily Thundershield Termis not your tacs.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Terminator Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armies   Terminator Armies Icon_minitime16th March 2011, 7:15 pm

I am running a very terminator heavy Deathwing army right now. I have 25 thunderhammer/stormshield terminators with one cyclone launcher per unit, Belial, a Librarian in Termie armour, 3x3 bikes w. 2 meltas, and 2 attack bikes. It is a very compact army that is hard to dislodge.

I have had a tremendous amount of fun with this army. It isn't over the top, but it is also forgivable. I have had an equal amount of wins, losses, and draws with this army and I am still getting better with it.

This is one of the lowest model count armies out there right now that works well.

I have seen a few different builds for Loganwing, but I am just not that familiar with them. I think they end up being able to do about the same thing as the Deathwing, but they end up costing more.

I can't wait for some cool Grey Knights lists to come out, as much fun as i had putting together my deathwing I can definitely see myself building up a second terminator army.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

Terminator Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armies   Terminator Armies Icon_minitime16th March 2011, 9:57 pm

I bought a bunch of Terminators off ebay and some at War Pig and threw together a Dark Angel army. Like Big D I've had pretty good success. I've been running mine with quite a bit more missle launcher than Big D, but still fitting in 20 Terminators, but no bikes. Its been a lot of fun for me to learn how to play with. It's been real forgiving on my bad moves and doesn't require overly complicated tactics to be competitive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Terminator Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armies   Terminator Armies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terminator Armies
Page 1 of 1