Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Empty
PostSubject: Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models   Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Icon_minitime27th September 2011, 9:14 pm

I've been painting Catachans like mad. Earlier I just finished up spraying 120 models. I'm doing them all at once assembly line style. I started last week by cutting them all out one day, cleaning sprue lines the next, gluing legs and bodies to bases after that, arms the next day, and then last friday I put heads on them all. I primed them on Sunday, sprayed them with a brown wash yesterday, and then hit them with Catachan green today. At this point it looks like it is going to slow down quite a bit since i am going to have to switch over to using a brush.

The next step is to paint the metal (guns, grenades) black, then paint the skin, add the camo dags, drybrush the metal, paint the bandannas red, and then wash the skin. After that the bases will be left. I am planning on moving through them as fast as I can, but my estimate is that I am going to be two weeks out. 120 models in three weeks will be a new record for me so hopefully I stay on track.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models   Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Icon_minitime27th September 2011, 10:22 pm

The thought of painting that many at once makes me sick at my stomach....
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models   Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Icon_minitime29th September 2011, 11:04 pm

I blacked out the guns on all the models tonight. It took me under two hours - I started watching The Big Lebowski and didn't finish it.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models   Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Icon_minitime1st October 2011, 11:02 pm

Big weekend on these guys so far. Got the guns, leather, and skin put on the models. I hope to get the bandannas painted red and the skin washed tomorrow but it will probably take until monday. I'm a bit ahead of schedule on these guys since I thought the skin would take a few days to finish.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models   Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Icon_minitime1st October 2011, 11:14 pm

I am doing the same thing on a smaller scale. I did it with my nids, where I did a unit of dudes at a time. Now I am doing it with my Salamanders. I paint all the black on every model, then move to the next color, then the next.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models   Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Icon_minitime2nd October 2011, 10:40 pm

Got the bandannas and wash done tonight. All I have left is the camo pattern and the bases.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models   Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Icon_minitime3rd October 2011, 12:16 am

Pics or it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models   Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Icon_minitime5th October 2011, 11:05 am

The models have now been painted and sealed. Tonight I am going to put the static grass and stuff on their bases and they will be done.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models   Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Icon_minitime6th October 2011, 10:13 am

And they're done. Last night I put the static grass down and the models are now complete.

I started this project on the 20th of September and finished it up on the 5th of October. That is 120 models from sprue to flocked in 2 weeks.

Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Photo10

Next up is getting in the last Valkyrie/Vendetta, 3 more Chimeras for the Hydra conversions, and a Manticore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models   Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catachans - Assembly Line Painting 120 Models
Page 1 of 1