Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capn's Winter Campaign

Go down 
+5
Bartholomew
Cpt_Tiberius
Verminlord
MonkeyMan
capnwoodrow
9 posters
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Capn's Winter Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime10th September 2011, 10:37 pm

Fresh off the league excitement, i'm taking interested in a map-based Mighty Empire fantasy campaign.

As of right now I'm limiting it to 6 spots. I would possibly take 7-8 if we had the interest for it. If we get enough "yes" i'll put up a rules pack in the league section.

1. Capn
2. Fethos
3. Darkhorse
4. Ares
5. Verminlord
6. Patrick

Last edited by capnwoodrow on 17th January 2012, 11:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime10th September 2011, 11:26 pm

I'm in
Do i have to use the army i was using for the other campaign?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime11th September 2011, 1:40 pm

I'm looking to just provide something fun for our regular fantasy players and pique some interest in those who are wanting to play weekly games.

If you're interested, that's fine. But we're looking for people to commit to playing regularly, which is why we're keeping it small.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime11th September 2011, 2:05 pm

I can play most Fridays and Saturdays, but Saturdays are definitely better for me, its been a little harder to get around and play games since my dads foot injury but he should be driving and walking in about 2-3 weeks so i can get around more to play then
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime11th September 2011, 2:06 pm

I'd be up for that.

Hoping to get my friends Dwarf army.

I have the Mighty Empire tiles primed, wouldn't be much effort to paint them if needed.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime11th September 2011, 2:55 pm

MonkeyMan wrote:
I'm in
Do i have to use the army i was using for the other campaign?

You would have to pick 1 army and stick with it. It does not have to be the army you played for your single league week. Keeping in mind that the campaign will be 2.5k or 2.9k depending on what points level Shiloh is set to (Ares is set at 2.5k right now), so if you wanted to do a 'new' army you'd have about a month to get 2.5k up.

@Verminlord - Awesome. Let me know if you want me to paint it up or if you don't mind drybrushing and washing it for us Very Happy

The only thing players will need to provide are 'banners' to mark army positions. You can use dice or a piece of paper or whatever, but i'm ordering up some Warmaster bases for mine.

And since this isn't a league, we can do an uneven number of players.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime11th September 2011, 3:56 pm

I will dig out the tiles today and get started on them.

For the "Banners", you can use rank and file models if you have a few extra. Or, make some markers using extra standards from the command sprue of the various kits. Also, how many markers will be needed?

Since we will be using the tiles, and small amount of players, would like to use some of the campaign rules from the General's Compendium. Capn, if you don't have a copy to look at, I could loan you mine to peruse if you would like.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime11th September 2011, 5:04 pm

I've got a copy of it. I'm going to thumb through it again to brush up on the rules. The hardest part will be figuring out "orders" since technically they are all turned into a campaign master or done simultaneously. I'm a smart kid, i'm sure I can think of something.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime11th September 2011, 7:11 pm

I am in Smile but i dont know what army i will play
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime11th September 2011, 9:42 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
I've got a copy of it. I'm going to thumb through it again to brush up on the rules. The hardest part will be figuring out "orders" since technically they are all turned into a campaign master or done simultaneously. I'm a smart kid, i'm sure I can think of something.

We don't have to use all of them. But would like to use the terrain rules and have points of interest to control that would give bonuses. It would add a little more flavor to the campaign and an extra level of tactics as well.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime16th September 2011, 8:09 am

I'm very interested. I have been wanting to take part in an actual campaign for years. However I don't have near that large an army yet. When are you looking at starting the campaign and would proxies be allowed as I work on building up my army. I would mainly use them as unit fillers rather than trying to proxy a Hellcannon with a dwarf cannon for example. Would this be acceptable?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime16th September 2011, 9:58 am

I'm looking to start mid-late October. It'd be fine by me if you wanted to proxy around. As long as it is clear to your opponent I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime23rd September 2011, 2:16 pm

Ok. Looks like this slowgro WM league is going to kick off, so I'm pushing this back till mid Nov. to avoid any overlap.

Start getting your armies ready!
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime24th September 2011, 11:36 pm

I definitely want to play in this. starting in November helps.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime25th September 2011, 8:26 pm

Good deal. We can call it a November start. Probably the week after Alamo/WM Weekend.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime16th January 2012, 11:18 pm

Ok, so the journeyman league de-railed this slightly - so i'm just going to bump this into a 'spring campaign.' Is everyone ok starting in Feb?

My plan is to kick it off right after Shiloh.
Back to top Go down
Bartholomew
Blue Horror Telling a Knock Knock Joke
Blue Horror Telling a Knock Knock Joke
Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 12:18 am

me in. I can make it every week
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 2:13 pm

I am still a go for the campaign.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 5:37 pm

Aye, Aye Captain!!!! All Hands on Deck, I will be there as long as ye don't make me swab the deck and you give me a week after the tourny to get me sea legs back.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Cpt_Tiberius
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 1:22 am

I'm still interested. Other than the first weekend in march I should be around.
Back to top Go down
RockWars
Flashlight toting Guardsman
RockWars

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 5:21 pm

You should most definitely read the Blood in the Badlands book, it looks awesome. I'm considering running it down here, take a full 12 months, keep up with the seasons that the book has it divided into.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime25th January 2012, 11:29 am

I am down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capn's Winter Campaign   Capn's Winter Campaign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capn's Winter Campaign
Page 1 of 1