Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thunder Stomp

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 12:18 pm

I forgot to look this up on Saturday, so I thought I would ask if anybody remembers. Are monsters allowed to allocate the D6 thunder stomp attacks against characters? So, if my treeman charges a unit, and is still alive at the end, can he choose to allocate his thunder stomp attacks against a enemy character like the BSB or wizard?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 12:32 pm

Fethos wrote:
I forgot to look this up on Saturday, so I thought I would ask if anybody remembers. Are monsters allowed to allocate the D6 thunder stomp attacks against characters? So, if my treeman charges a unit, and is still alive at the end, can he choose to allocate his thunder stomp attacks against a enemy character like the BSB or wizard?

The rules for stomp say that they can make one additional attack, ASL, that can be allocated against one model in base contact.

Thunderstomp is the same, but d6 hits.

Sounds like as long as the character is in base you can thunderstomp them.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 12:35 pm

That is what I was thinking, that it is just an additional attack, so it is treated just like any other attack...that is great!
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 2:32 pm

The Thunderstomp has to follow all the regular rules; in other words, if the character is mounted, you can't stomp them.

I am pretty sure that is how it works.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 2:58 pm

gamewizard wrote:
The Thunderstomp has to follow all the regular rules; in other words, if the character is mounted, you can't stomp them.

That is excellent. I can't wait to watch a big guy dance all over a level 4 wizard hiding in a unit.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 5:16 pm

I believe that if a character is in a unit it can't hide in the back any more. Characters have to be in the front.

So it could be stomped since it has to be in the front.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 10:18 pm

gamewizard wrote:

You can still attack a mounted character. I don't see why you couldn't thunderstomp a mounted character.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 11:44 pm

Sorry, Thunderstomp is different than a regular attack.

Trust me, cavalry can't be TS'd. Calvary can't be TS'd either, but that was a whole other subject. (Inside joke with Retro and Phantom) Ohhhh, I had to say "inside" and "Retro" all in the same sentence.

I guess the reasoning is that a monstrous creature can't lift it's foot high enough to attack a horse. Therefore a mounted character can't be TS'd.

I'm pretty sure that's the ruling. I'll double check in the morning.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 11:55 pm

Ah, you mean because stomp says "infantry, war beast, or swarm."

Gotcha. That may be correct then. You may not be able to stomp and thusly thunderstomp a unit with the Cav rule.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime5th July 2010, 12:00 am

Pretty sure I'm right on this one.

We have been playing a few games at CHG and this was one we messed up for a while. VC cav got hammered by Ogres until we saw that cav can't be Stomped. TS is a higher life form of Stomp so I am sure the infantry war beast or swarm rule applies to TS as well.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime5th July 2010, 12:04 am

Yeah..I don't think I was disagreeing with you. Just affirming that I saw where you were coming from and it made sense.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime5th July 2010, 12:13 am

Not arguing, just affirming your affirmation and relaying how I actually knew a rule. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thunder Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Stomp   Thunder Stomp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunder Stomp
Page 1 of 1