Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2999 point Wood Elves

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

2999 point Wood Elves Empty
PostSubject: 2999 point Wood Elves   2999 point Wood Elves Icon_minitime5th April 2011, 5:09 pm

I miss playing my favorite army...

Treeman Ancient: A cluster of radiants, and an annoyance of netlings.

Treeman Ancient:

Branchwraith: Level 1 wizard, A befuddlement of mischiefs, A lamentation of despairs

Branchwraith: A blight of terrors

4 units of 10 Glade Guard

2 units of 16 Dyrads

1 unit of 12 Dyrads

1 unit of 6 Tree Kin

1 Great Eagle

2 Treemen

Yes, you counted right. There are 4 treemen in the army, but does anyone think it could hold its own on the battlefield?
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 2999 point Wood Elves   2999 point Wood Elves Icon_minitime5th April 2011, 5:26 pm

Oh man, if you have 4 treemen you are doing it wrong....I actually have no clue on this.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: 2999 point Wood Elves   2999 point Wood Elves Icon_minitime5th April 2011, 5:30 pm

It has a couple of tough units for sure. The list doesn't look bad per say. You have some really resilient hard to deal with units. That being said there are a couple things that are gonna give you a run for your money. I think the biggest being steadfast. most people will tarpit up those treemen and then just win in static res or have their dedicated monster hunter kill them. You don't have enough shooting to do much other than pick off fast cav and light units. The list isn't bad and in 7th ed it would have been a monster. Its a very offensive woody list for sure. (dwarves would have a field day with this :p)
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: 2999 point Wood Elves   2999 point Wood Elves Icon_minitime5th April 2011, 5:41 pm

Fortunately this army would not have been legal in 7th ed. Unfortunately I have no stronger shooting than bow fire, but against toughness 3 troop my 40 shot will inflict some damage when concentrated. Against tarpit units treeman can fight fire with fire because treeman are stubborn as well. You are right on the monster hunters and warmachines though, and that is what I was most worried about. I can't think of anything the wood elves have that can deal with monster hunters except wardancers, but wardancers are too expensive to fit into the list. For the warmachines my only answer is a great eagle, but only one won't do the trick of warmachine hunting.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: 2999 point Wood Elves   2999 point Wood Elves Icon_minitime5th April 2011, 7:38 pm

Can you sack a treeman for another great eagle and like a 5 man unit of shadow warriors(the scouting/skirmishing rare choice)?
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: 2999 point Wood Elves   2999 point Wood Elves Icon_minitime5th April 2011, 7:49 pm

That is not a bad idea verminlord. I could take another great eagle and a unit of 8 waywatchers, or knock one unit of dryads down a little and take the other great eagle. That should allow me to better deal with the big gun armies.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: 2999 point Wood Elves   2999 point Wood Elves Icon_minitime5th April 2011, 11:53 pm

I love waywatchers and eagles I think that would make your list harder to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2999 point Wood Elves   2999 point Wood Elves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2999 point Wood Elves
Page 1 of 1