Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haren's DOA Angels 2k

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

Haren's DOA Angels 2k  Empty
PostSubject: Haren's DOA Angels 2k    Haren's DOA Angels 2k  Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 1:20 am

So after looking at the book for a while and thinking what sounds like fun to me, I decided on my DOA list that I want to start off with.

2000 Pts - Blood Angels Roster

HQ: Librarian (1#, 125 pts)
. . 1 Librarian, 125 pts (Shield of Sanguinius; The Sanguine Sword)
. . . . 1 ...in Power Armour (Power Armour; Psychic Hood; Jump Pack; Force Weapon; Bolt Pistol)

Elite: Sanguinary Priest (3#, 225 pts)
. . 3 Sanguinary Priest, 225 pts
. . . . 1 Sanguinary Priest in Power Armour (Blood Chalice; Power Armour; Jump Pack; Bolt Pistol; Chainsword)
. . . . 1 Sanguinary Priest in Power Armour (Blood Chalice; Power Armour; Jump Pack; Bolt Pistol; Chainsword)

Troops: Assault Squad (10#, 240 pts) x4 - 960 pts
. . 7 Assault Squad, 240 pts (Jump Pack; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x7; Chainsword x7)
. . . . 1 Assault Marine with Meltagun (Jump Pack; Power Armour; Chainsword; Meltagun)
. . . . 1 Assault Marine with Meltagun (Jump Pack; Power Armour; Chainsword; Meltagun)
. . . . 1 Sergeant (Jump Pack; Power Armour; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Power Fist x1)

Fast Attack: Baal Predator (2#, 290 pts)
. . 1 Baal Predator, 145 pts (Twin Linked Assault Cannon; Heavy Bolter)
. . 1 Baal Predator, 145 pts (Twin Linked Assault Cannon; Heavy Bolter)

Heavy Support: Stormraven Gunship (2#, 400 pts)
. . 1 Stormraven Gunship, 200 pts (Twin Linked MultiMelta; Twin Linked Lascannon)
. . 1 Stormraven Gunship, 200 pts (Twin Linked MultiMelta; Twin Linked Lascannon)

I know it's not the most number cruchiest list I could field at the 2k point value, but if I wanted that I'd be running mech angels (which is boring imho.)

The Ravens and Preds start on the board in as much cover as i can give them, and depending on the scenario the troops can drop or jump.

I plan on running this list for a few of weeks before changing anything, but the first thing i'd probably change (depending on how they run) is to take out a raven for a laz pred or a laz heavy dev squad.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Haren's DOA Angels 2k    Haren's DOA Angels 2k  Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 12:19 pm

Are you putting any of the assault squads in the Ravens? The skies of blood coupled with the Sang Priest will make for a nasty hit and will distract your opponent from blasting the two squads that will have to drop in. Also, you'll never hide a Ravens, and I would try outflanking the Baals. It has as much of psychological effect as an in-game effect, but it can drastically change how mech-heavy/stagnant armies deploy, which is nice.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Haren's DOA Angels 2k    Haren's DOA Angels 2k  Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 2:49 pm

Looks solid. It's refreshing not to see the boring 6 or 7 Lasplas Razorbacks. Wink
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Haren's DOA Angels 2k    Haren's DOA Angels 2k  Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 3:11 pm

I was actually thinking about how I'd run the buses with troops in it, and figured I'd combat squad 2 of the squads that have the priest with them, putting 4 AM and the sarge in the raven, while the other 3 AM and Melta are still free to drop and pop. I was also thinking about the libby in one, that way he can confer the shield cover save to the raven.
I'll probably try outflanking the baals again, but the few times I have done it they tend to just come on in the wrong area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haren's DOA Angels 2k    Haren's DOA Angels 2k  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haren's DOA Angels 2k
Page 1 of 1