Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destroy this list!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Destroy this list! Empty
PostSubject: Destroy this list!   Destroy this list! Icon_minitime17th March 2011, 1:41 am

So I'm very new to eldar. I've always liked them asthetically and always wanted a force. I've always like sam hann best and I would like to try and stick to that play style. Fast. Or nonmarine. I in no way think this list is the best list ever or can't be destroyed. What I'm more wanting is an honest crituqie of the list. It's both negative and positive aspects.

Autarch, Fusion gun 80
Autarch, Fusion gun 80

5x fire dragons, Wave Serpent 200
5x fire dragons, Wave Serpent 200

10x Storm Guardians, 2x fusion guns, Warlock, Spear, Embolden, Wave Serpent 245
10x Storm Guardians, 2x fusion guns, Warlock, Spear, Embolden, Wave Serpent 245
10x Storm Guardians, 2x fusion guns, Warlock, Spear, Wave Serpent 240
(I needed 5 points so I dropped embolden on one squad)

2x Vypers, 2x Shuriken Cannons 120

3x Warwalkers, 2x Shuriken Cannons 120
Fire Prism 115
Fire Prism 115

**All Wave Serpents are kitted out with TL Shuriken Cannons up top and Shuriken Cannon under neath with spirit stones.**
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Destroy this list! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destroy this list!   Destroy this list! Icon_minitime17th March 2011, 2:06 am

Over all strategy is to give my opponent first turn and hold everything in reserve wasting 2 of their turns and statistically get 5/6's of my army turn 2 to fight. If they deploy badly or try and give me first turn to be tricksy I have no problem starting on the table with them.

Autarch = I basically use them for the +2 to reserves and also as a BS 6 melta gun unit that may waste some opponent shooting to get him as he has a 4+ ward save. Probably will be dropping him off solo and not really keeping him with units unless mission needs him too. In kill points if he gets 1 thing dead I'm ok with that.

5x fire dragons = are basically suicide bombers. They go and they make sure that land raider or what ever I need dead is dead. They will probably die soon after too.

Storm Guardians with seer buddy = This I think is a pretty unique choice and the one I'm the most iffy on. (I haven't looked a lot around online about eldar maybe its more common than I think.) I've gone over all the Troops in the Eldar and these are the ones I like the best. They can have 2x melta's (only bs 3 I know) and they can have a seer buddy. I like this set up because when their serpent goes down they'll have a reroll ld 8 to not pin and not break. They can then sit in cover and shoot out and go to ground as needed for some survivability. With the spear they also have a 12 in range (same as meltas) str 9 bs 4 shot to help mitigate the bs 3 on the meltas. The spear also helps with pesky dreads and wraithlords and MC's in general.

War Walkers = I'll probably use them to outflank and light the side of a transport up or a hvy wep squad hiding in the back field with these guys. 18 str 6 shots isn't horrible. Combined with the 2+ reserves I think this could come in handy.

Fire Prism = Very versatile Eldar vehicle with good anti infantry and anti vehicle and can bounce shots so there is almost never a need to have them on the same side of the field as long as they can see each other.

Wave Serpents = With these little fellows I took Shuriken Cannons for 3 reasons. One, they're really cheap and pretty good for their points. Two, they have a short range which complements all my units roles that are going to be inside of them. Three, I really like a lot of str 6 shots! Can you tell?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Destroy this list! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destroy this list!   Destroy this list! Icon_minitime17th March 2011, 7:54 am

This is very similar to the list big al had critiqued.

I'd drop the vipers for three more walkers x2 and another fire prism Just for my OCD and love of symmetry. Also because it's more shots and more uncertainty on your opponents part as to where things come in. I'm not sure how the list would fare against a dedicated assault army. I'm thinking wolves and blood angels would be tough matches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Destroy this list! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destroy this list!   Destroy this list! Icon_minitime17th March 2011, 12:07 pm

I'll have to go look up Alex's list then I suppose. I know I don't have any real hand to hand capabilities. I would love to have more war walkers. In doing so I'd have to drop a prism though. The double prism gives me the shot at taking out termies and large ap 3 template. I'm not 100% convinced I should loose that. I think the prisms will also be more difficult to kill than another unit of warwalkers. Possibly more reliable too. I have a couple of play test games this week against nids and L blower to see what I need to do. I'll need to get in some games against orks and marines and then I'll start tweaking from there. The heavies are a very competitive slot in eldar... Why can't I have 9 warwalkers and 2 prisms!?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Destroy this list! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destroy this list!   Destroy this list! Icon_minitime17th March 2011, 12:38 pm

Yeah you're right. I was suffering from gooberitis. I always think war walkers are fast. Ignore my previous advice unless you just want to cheat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Destroy this list! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destroy this list!   Destroy this list! Icon_minitime17th March 2011, 11:24 pm

I've revised the list after some criticisms online and here is the current list.

Autarch, Fusion Gun, Jetbike
Autarch, Fusion Gun, Jetbike

2x Vypers, 2x Shuriken Cannons
2x Vypers, 2x Shuriken Cannons

5x Fire Dragons
Wave Serpent, TL Shuriken Cannons
5x Fire Dragons

Fire Prism
Fire Prism
3x Warwalkers, Shuriken Cannons

10x Storm Guardians, 2x Fusion Guns, Warlock, Spear, Embolden
10x Storm Guardians, 2x Fusion Guns, Warlock, Spear, Embolden
3x Jetbikes, Shuriken Cannon
3x Jetbikes, Shuriken Cannon
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Destroy this list! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destroy this list!   Destroy this list! Icon_minitime17th March 2011, 11:40 pm

I played a game today against a Nid list today.

Swarmlord
Tervigon
Tervigon
9x genstealers, B-lord
15x Devilgaunts
Doom pod
Shotgun Carni pod
30x gargoyles
3x Venomthropes

By the end of turn 2 he birthed about 50ish gaunts... not exaggerating!

The list worked pretty well. The only thing I ended up loosing was 2 jet bikes and a unit of storm guardians. It was 4 objectives dawn of war and I pretty much ignored all the objectives and jumped on two on turn 5 contested one and let him have one and the game ended with a victory so far. Later in the week against grey knights, leaf blower and eldar. I'm trying to get a good spread of opponents before tweaking my list further.
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

Destroy this list! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destroy this list!   Destroy this list! Icon_minitime18th March 2011, 7:12 am

Our lists are very similar. Let me know how your playtesting goes. I opted for 1 Aut/1 Far (see my post about Brains vs. Brawn - Eldar Style. I just think the benefits of a Far outweigh a 2+ vs 3+ reserve. With no Far, you'll get boned by other psy lists too. I toyed with Vypers and decided a better use of points is beefing up my existing units to help with KP missions. I would think hard about two ShurCannons on your Waves. You should be going no less than 12" every turn which means you only get to shoot one of them unless you are creating a backup gun in the event of weap dest? If you have those points to burn, spend an extra 5 and go for star engines. I found from early testing that I was trying to min/max units for extra firepower and Eldar fragility came back to bite me on KP missions.

I'm posting a batrep today between Wildeyed and myself which you might find interesting and hopefully insightful.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Destroy this list! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destroy this list!   Destroy this list! Icon_minitime18th March 2011, 12:17 pm

I just got done reading the battle report I found it a bit humorous how close our lists have become. I've never seen anyone run Storm guardians in my life. Someone on dakka brought up that I you generally won't be moving 6 inches with the serpents, I hadn't previously thought about it like that so I've take all the lower cannons off to free up 50 points. I've also taking spirit stones off. I hate spirit stones while list building... Their one of those options that won't come into play that often, but when they do you'll be on your knees wishing you had them. I reluctantly droped the stones and after some games I'll see if I need them or not.

I've said this a couple times on other forums already but I'll repeat it here. I completely understand farseers are a better option. If I were taking Eldar to a big tournament I would change my list some. I have guard for a face smashing if I so choose. I'm starting Eldar because I like them aesthetically. Vypers are the coolest looking things ever in my opinion. I don't really like farseers... Game mechanics wise I love them. So I set out to make the best most competative list I could using vypers and not using farseer while sticking to an all mobile sam hain style of play.

Now I only have 1 game under my belt so far. But I'm liking the double autarchs so far. I keep them with my troop jetbikes to add wounds to both the autarch and the jetbikes. When they no longer needed to baby sit each other or my opponent lets something drift off a little to far to support he leaves the unit and has a bs 7 melta gun. In the assault phase he jumps back 6 trying to stay out of harms way. I basically use him as a landspeeder hes more points but hes more survivable too and has a better chance of hitting. The +2 reserves is a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destroy this list! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destroy this list!   Destroy this list! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destroy this list!
Page 1 of 1