Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shiloh Results posted

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Shiloh Results posted Empty
PostSubject: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 7:25 pm

http://tshirtexplosiongaming.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/4175357-shiloh-results

Yay I had a bad game vote because I knew the rules about 50 times when I wasn't suppose too.
Essentially I pulled a Jeremy! Wink
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 7:36 pm

Matt, did you go 5-0?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 7:40 pm

4-0-1
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 8:39 pm

Nice job and congrats matt. I'm looking forward to the rest of your battle reports.

As an aside it always sucks that Knowing the rules essentially makes you a bad sport - I don't know why, but it always happens that way. That's one of the reasons I founded ssmasc. super studly men against sportsmanship and comp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 8:46 pm

Yeah, it was a great time. A big thanks to the organizers for getting it off the ground!

I went 1-2-2 which - somehow - put me 16th place. For my first time to ever to attend a GT for WFB and to take an army I had played with twice before the tourney started, I gotta say that I did better than I expected. I went into the event thinking that i'd probably go 1-4...

The scenarios were ok. I would have enjoyed a little more variation in the scenarios other than VPs, but it was still a lot of fun.

The weird combo stat of sports/comp was kind of odd. I'm glad to see that I didn't get zeroed out on any of my games. I had a few opponent moaning about the 'broken' Chosen unit, but considering I was floating around the bottom tables, no one seemed that chaffed.

Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 8:50 pm

littleboyblues wrote:
http://tshirtexplosiongaming.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/4175357-shiloh-results

Yay I had a bad game vote because I knew the rules about 50 times when I wasn't suppose too.
Essentially I pulled a Jeremy! Wink

How dare you know the rules? And if you point them out to me - ZERO!

C.O.C.S.

Citizens on Comp/Sports.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 9:37 pm

Matt there were way more unpainted armies there than I expected. That's probably what boosted you up. I thought the Fantasy guys were suppose to have more painted armies and the quality was suppose to be better. As I understood it anyway. Although 8th ed has changed peoples list drastically.

How did big D do? I didn't get a chance to chat with him after it was over.

I don't really mind sports and comp to be honest. Out of 50ish tournament games I've played in that's the only time I've ever been hit and I was told he is kinda grumpy from other players. So all in all I'm not too worried. I got 2 best game votes to semi counteract it. I ended up with the worst sports because of it though... HAHA. I never really pictured myself as a "that guy". I think it came down to the sports/comp was an all or nothing system and only 2 bad votes were cast the entire tournament. So that's pretty good. One player tabled 4 people and still didn't get hit. Out of 250 yes/no's all weekend that's a really good record.

I had a great time.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 9:41 pm

Yeah. Painting is huge at Shiloh/IDM. Even though my army only got 36 out of the 80 possible - i'd just like to see a criteria sheet to see what exactly my army is getting judged on paintwise.

Next year - 2-2-1: goal set.

Don't even get me started on my complete gateway fail all weekend long Sad
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 9:42 pm

P.S. I really enjoyed the scenarios. If you've ever tried to get a watchtower away from dwarfs or chaos warriors then you know how horribly one sided that fight is. Also the taking the random reserves out of the diagonal deployment scenario was good too.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 9:59 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Yeah. Painting is huge at Shiloh/IDM. Even though my army only got 36 out of the 80 possible - i'd just like to see a criteria sheet to see what exactly my army is getting judged on paintwise.

If the painting criteria was anything like Dennis' last year, then people would have lost points for not modeling the base of anything larger than 25mm, having no conversions, and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 11:01 pm

littleboyblues wrote:
P.S. I really enjoyed the scenarios. If you've ever tried to get a watchtower away from dwarfs or chaos warriors then you know how horribly one sided that fight is. Also the taking the random reserves out of the diagonal deployment scenario was good too.

See - that's where not playing fantasy colours my opinion. I've never played either of those scenarios, so I should probably bust them out for casual play to try them out. I can see how those factors would really be hateful in a tourney game.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime4th February 2011, 1:05 pm

I ended up coming in 11th - HUGE improvement over last year. This year I went 3-2 where last year I was a big fat goose egg at 0-5.

I had an absolute blast this year. Everyone I played was great. I didn't have a single bad game. I had one guy who lost the game on turn one when I ran his unit of knights with four characters off the board on a lucky catapult shot, but he trooped on through and was a good sport about it.

I liked the scenarios - I haven't played much fantasy so it was straight forward enough for me to follow. The extra victory point conditions actually ended up pushing me to a win from a draw in one game.

Again, I had a really good time - It was well run, on time, I had no rules or opponent troubles, and I can't wait for next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shiloh Results posted   Shiloh Results posted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shiloh Results posted
Page 1 of 1