Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Choices for my Tau list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Choices for my Tau list Empty
PostSubject: Choices for my Tau list   Choices for my Tau list Icon_minitime27th January 2011, 1:58 pm

I'm not going to post the major chunk of my list because I am going to be using it in competitive play and I think its pretty good... Here are the things that I am in question about.

List 1:
+1 Commander Shas'el Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Plasma Rifle; Twin Linked Missile Pod

+3 Kroot hounds

+1 Kroot Carnivore

+1 Piranha Light Skimmer Disruption Pod, Targeting Array, Fusion Blaster

+3 Firewarriors

List 2:

+8 pathfinders (3 rail rifles, 5 markerlights)

+1 Devilfish (disruption pod)

Even as I type this, it seems like a no-brainer- List 1.

Pros of list 2-
But, that unit of pathfinders with the 3 rail rifles in it has been tempting me for some time. It is basicly the same sniper drone unit that used to wreck in 4th edition except it is cheaper and has more markerlights. The 3 rail rifles are like taking an ionhead or a sniper drone squad except they arent filling the heavy slot. Also, list 2 gives me a devilfish. I dont really care about its transport ability the way that I play my Tau, but I love using it as mobile cover for my suits. Plus, its transport ability has its uses.

Pros of list 1-
Obviously more firepower. Obviously more roadblocks for my opponent. That's really about it. I cant count a single time that 4 extra kroot have given me an advantage in a game. I can count on one finger when 3 extra firewarriors gave me an advantage, and it was a fluky shooting phase. With those two things ruled out, the extra HQ would be nice and is the best part of this list. The piranha is alright, but believe me when I say I have an excess in the list already. I'm thinking there is an efficiency cap on these units and I may have reached it without this one added.

Give me your thoughts please.
Back to top Go down

Choices for my Tau list
Page 1 of 1