Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition

Go down 
+2
Verminlord
gamewizard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Empty
PostSubject: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 12:15 am

I'd like to demo a game at Castle House Games with some folks that are already involved in the hobby. They will have the best background knowledge for either game; no offense intended for those who don't.

I have every book for WHFRP 2d edition and I have a lot of 1st Ed. My knowledge is based on 2 ed for the most part, I ran a WHFRP campaign for over a year. I have played a lot of Dark Heresy but I have read most every book by Dan Abnett ( I like his writing style the best) so I am pretty well versed in DH as well.

I prefer to wait a while and read the book for a bit before I would try Rogue Trader.

Fantasy would have a few house rules to it; the major HR would be that Spell Acquisition will be similar to DH. In other words instead of learning ALL the spells in your specialty for 100 xp you learn 1. Also a lot of spells will be either found in books or learned from tutors in exchange for money or quests. Something similar to how 1st ed handled it. It slows mages down a bit but I feel they need that slow down. Other than that it will be pretty much RAW.

Dark Heresy is pretty well laid out but there might be some additional rules I might use off the net. Please don't ask to be a Space Marine; there are no "official" rules for that yet. May have to wait until next year. So DH will mostly be RAW as well, probably more so than WHFRP.

If there is any interest, please post a reply and what game you really prefer. Also I need a choice for an evening or a day to play. I can be at the shop Sunday afternoons after 2 pm, Saturdays are full for me. Any other evening would be good but Friday night would be ideal for me.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 1:48 am

I would really like to some more WHFRP. My misadventures with my slayer were way too short.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 8:45 am

*sigh* I'd love to do either one, but my gaming schedule is full for now Sad
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 10:07 am

Same. If I was stillt college at the U of A, I would have jumped at the opportunity. Family and work prevents me from gaming much more than one night a week.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 10:45 pm

Cool, if we can get three or so more players I can run a game. I think I can get maybe one or two more than are regulars at the store. I'll talk to them and see where we stand.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 11:00 pm

Lemme know. I'd be up for either. I got a friend who digs the system too. I'm sure I could put him down for a game.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 10:16 am

What's a good night for you, capn?

Do you have a preference on a game? Most people I know at the moment prolly want to play DH rather than WHFRP, but would play either.

Let me know...
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 10:32 am

My old pen and paper game night was monday, but I think anything other than tuesday would work through the week.

Friday is probably out /points to wife
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 7:52 pm

Could prolly swing Wed. nights. 6/7 to 10 would be good.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:17 am

You know, if I could just play a space marine I might be able to make it.... I wouldn't want to play a bad arse or anything.... Maybe just one of those yellow marines. I would stay away from the red ones, grey ones and black ones.....

(I'm kidding, of course) Sounds like you are having some luck getting a game together. I would like to request a synopsis of your sessions once they start! I have found in my explorations of the Net Dh is just fun to hear about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 11:25 pm

Wednesdays are BGN, I don't want to steal any thunder from that.

It actually looks like Sunday afternoons are going to be the only thing I can swing since my wife changed her shifts. She's working nights solid now and I have to be home around nine for the rugrats.

Who left them snotlings on my doorstep anyway? I know I didn't have anything to do with them being here...... No
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 11:48 pm

Vermin and Capn if you could let me know if there is ever a Sunday afternoon starting around 2 and going until 8 that you could play that would be great. Even if we could do it only once a month that would be ok. I might be able to talk a buddy into playing if we did it once a month; he just can't game more than that.

I have two other players that I am sure would be available at that time.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime2nd August 2009, 1:30 pm

gamewizard wrote:
Wednesdays are BGN, I don't want to steal any thunder from that.

What happened to "running multiple games at once"?

I could sacrifice one Sunday a month for some RPG action. Would rather do it on Wed nights since Sundays seem to be the best time for me to play Warhammer/40k.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime2nd August 2009, 7:05 pm

Wednesday is BGN. I don't want anybody who is playing a board game to think that they had to play in a roleplaying game that I was running.

Just trying to be considerate of Fulminata and Scott who are doing a lot of organization with BGN.
Back to top Go down
Metal Head Bard
Snotling stuffed in a coffee can
Metal Head Bard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime9th August 2009, 3:30 pm

You know that I would be down to play some WHFRP. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition   Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2d Edition
Page 1 of 1