Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chaos Dwarfs Return

Go down 
+2
bsimon
Wildeyedjester
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Chaos Dwarfs Return Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime27th July 2009, 8:43 pm

So its pretty official that the Chaos Dwarfs will be making a triumphant return to Fantasy. I think it is interesting that they were dropped and are now coming back. I had always thought GW refused to bring back something they killed (squats and chaos dwarfs), but here we are.

So it's a known fact that the dwarfs were dropped due to lackluster sales, so clearly GW has a plan or at least some sort of evil scheme. What I want to know is - what do you think will be different? Whole new background and units or basic some structure and premise? Lets get this out in the open and place your wagers along with your predictions here.

+5 Hogs of War Prophecy Points to whomever is closest!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime27th July 2009, 8:52 pm

I believe Jervis's exact quote was:
"we will work our way around to all the races in all the game systems eventually"

Followed by:
"yes, including Chaos Dwarves"

Chaos Dwarves historically were even less supported than Sisters of Battle. I predict a release of the book before 8th edition, MAYBE.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime27th July 2009, 9:20 pm

Curses! I hit preview, not send. I lost my post!

In summary:
-I hope they keep the Babylonian theme
-I envision large blocks of foot sloggers behind a wall of greenskin slaves. These would be backed up by heavy artillery and a few large monstrous creatures.
-Joke about selling lots of units because they are anti VC, Steamtank, and Dark Elf
-Hopefully a new magic type. Lots of sack-and-grab spells
-Probably a way to 'enslave' your current army with lots of Chaos Dwarf units in case you wanted to update your current army to a chaos dwarf force.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime27th July 2009, 11:52 pm

Did anyone fail to remember the Chaos Dwarves that came with the Hellcannon? I would expect that the new CD would fit in with the new Chaos stuff. Prolly no more big hats, but I could imagine that slaves would be a part of this army.
Bull Centaurs was the only unit I really feared. Earthshaker was more of an annoyance than anything. Otherwise a good flavorful army. If done right, look forward to its return.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime28th July 2009, 12:31 am

Chaos Dwarfs were never dropped in the same way that Squats were. GW never said they weren't ever going to update them, and technically, it's still legal to field them using the old Ravening Hordes list. They've completely ignored them for years, but they never officially 'killed' them.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime28th July 2009, 5:15 pm

There was a guy who came to a Sooiepalooza with a Chaos Dwarf army that was actually featured in White Dwarf. It was done with a Russian theme, big wool hats. Been a few years, but if you happen to stumble upon some older issues of WD, the pictures are worth looking at.
Back to top Go down
uponthisfire
Servitor with a short circuit

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 2:59 pm

Either the new ones will look like the Hellcannon crew and be sweaty and gross or they will forget that ever happened and update the old big helmet and snaggletoothed look. I think either one could be cool. I still have the original Chaos Dwarf Army Book and it is quite cool. If the Bull Centaurs look like Shaggoth and the new artillery is keen, I might have to start a second Fantasy army.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 3:48 pm

As much as I would like an updated "big hat" look, I think we'll be seeing something more like the Hellcannon crew. The big hats are very much a part of an earlier era at GW where they had a much more light-hearted tone to their sculpts.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 6:04 pm

uponthisfire wrote:
Either the new ones will look like the Hellcannon crew and be sweaty and gross or they will forget that ever happened and update the old big helmet and snaggletoothed look. I think either one could be cool. I still have the original Chaos Dwarf Army Book and it is quite cool. If the Bull Centaurs look like Shaggoth and the new artillery is keen, I might have to start a second Fantasy army.

*wonders if you could pull off a sweaty and gross look by using small applications of 'ard coat on the models*
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
uponthisfire
Servitor with a short circuit

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime7th August 2009, 3:23 pm

That sounds like an experiment to try. Maybe smudge some black and brown on the exposed skin for soot and then apply 'Ard Coat to the exposed skin? Could be cool for Dwarf artillery men or it could even lead to a more authentic looking Catachan army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs Return   Chaos Dwarfs Return Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos Dwarfs Return
Page 1 of 1