Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chaos Dwarfs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Chaos Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Dwarfs   Chaos Dwarfs Icon_minitime9th June 2010, 7:48 pm

Just kind of curious.

Whatever happened to Dwarves of Chaos? Was that just an old army set that didn't take off? What edition were they last eligible in? Third?

Was the army just too broken to continue with? I haven't even read anything about them in any of the Warhammer Fantasy novels.

Has anybody heard if they are coming back in 8th?
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Chaos Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs   Chaos Dwarfs Icon_minitime9th June 2010, 9:10 pm

General rumor is Forgeworld's Fantasy division is looking at picking them up. They were last released in 6th edition (rules wise), but never had a full book - White Dwarf articles and a book collecting the articles were it. The 6th edition list is still technically legal, and the Northwest area gaming clubs did an unofficial playtested rules supplement recently.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Chaos Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs   Chaos Dwarfs Icon_minitime9th June 2010, 11:23 pm

Like bsimon said, their 8 page pdf is still legal but it's so old that it's like trying to run Dark Eldar in 40k. Just too many weird rules.

There is an unofficial Chaos Dwarf Armybook that's on the GT circuit right now. I'm trying to convince warhammerworld to let me take it to Sooie.

If you're interested in starting an army, load up on Skull Pass. It's perfect w/ all the goblins and dwarves. Just a little conversion work and you're rolling.

I'm actually eyeing a Chaos Dwarf army based on Mantic Games' Dwarf range, but it's all in pre-order status.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

Chaos Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs   Chaos Dwarfs Icon_minitime10th June 2010, 12:10 am

gotta love the mantic stuff I'm planning on using their wraiths depending on how 8th looks for the VC.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Chaos Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs   Chaos Dwarfs Icon_minitime10th June 2010, 5:33 am

Dannato wrote:
gotta love the mantic stuff I'm planning on using their wraiths depending on how 8th looks for the VC.

I love that their 60 man battleforces cost $50. Those wraiths do look hot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chaos Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dwarfs   Chaos Dwarfs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos Dwarfs
Page 1 of 1