Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Waaagh!!????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

The Waaagh!!???? Empty
PostSubject: The Waaagh!!????   The Waaagh!!???? Icon_minitime4th December 2009, 3:24 am

http://thekalm.com/

Sounds like they're doing it again this year...

who knew
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

The Waaagh!!???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Waaagh!!????   The Waaagh!!???? Icon_minitime4th December 2009, 9:56 am

I probably shouldnt say it, but you know I'm not one to ever hold my tongue - especially if I've been burned.....

I have no doubt that if Memphis Micah is in charge of the The Big Waaagh, again, it will be a very poorly run event. I would not go back until I found out someone else had taken over in his place and I won't go back this year, at all. I won't rehash why I feel that way again (unless provoked), but regardless:

I am quite pleased with our change in summer destination whether the Waaagh is on or not!

The Kalm, I believe, is run by the others on their team that are both competent and good folks. You probably wouldn't go amiss playing in the Kalm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Sulfurious
Nurgling on Antibiotics

The Waaagh!!???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Waaagh!!????   The Waaagh!!???? Icon_minitime5th December 2009, 10:41 am

I'm actually the guy in charge of setting up The Kalm's website and let me assure that "The Kalm Before the Waaagh" is in no way related to The Big Waaagh.

Originally the Kalm was set up as a practice run for running the 40k tournament at the Big Waaagh so they aren't completely unconnected but ever since the first year of The Big Waaagh they have remained completely separate and run buy different people. I believe a few people from Arkansas attended the Kalm Before the Waaagh last year and they can attest to you that the Kalm was and will continue to be a top notch event.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

The Waaagh!!???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Waaagh!!????   The Waaagh!!???? Icon_minitime5th December 2009, 11:12 am

Great to hear. I had a feeling they were different entities. Thanks for clarifying the Kalm!

Warhammer in a pub. What wouldn't there be to love?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

The Waaagh!!???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Waaagh!!????   The Waaagh!!???? Icon_minitime7th December 2009, 3:45 pm

I was an attendee. The Kalm was an absolute blast and all there from Arkansas enjoyed themselves thoroughly. I thought the two events were connected and ran by the same people. My apologies for that. Just a little weary after last years waaagh flop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Waaagh!!???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Waaagh!!????   The Waaagh!!???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Waaagh!!????
Page 1 of 1