Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Event at Castle House Games

Go down 
+4
nachos
Monkey
bsimon
gamewizard
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nachos
Eldar with a tramp stamp

Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime23rd September 2009, 9:26 am

That shouldn't be to hard to have happen. like gamewizard was saying people at CHG tend to use like 40% terrain so we should be able to scale back some and be all right. i'll do an inventory of it today and see where we stand.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th September 2009, 7:04 pm

Building bases are now flocked, I will begin painting buildings probably tomorrow.

There will be 3 games for the day, I just need some input on how much time you guys want between games. We can go 30 minutes between a couple of games and an hour and a half between another or an hour between each game or however else could be suggested.

Scenarios will be done for each game and will be the same for each table. There will be a special snow board table that will have various different terrain challenges on it but nothing worse than will be on the other tables.

Objectives will be uniform to each table and will be marked in such a way as to be clearly visible to all players.

We'll get a flier up asap so we can post in around the shop and maybe other places as well.

I will get the scenarios written up and posted either here or on CHG
website asap. I am not sure how much more discussion about the event
will be allowed here; I don't want it to seem like CHG is taking over
the website.

Our website is castlehousegames.com

It looks real bad at the moment but it does have a forum that we can
post on. Please sign up at that website if you haven't already so I can
pass information on to folks who are interested in playing in the
tournament. That way I don't cram Wildeye's and Big D's website up with
my information. Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th September 2009, 8:02 pm

Feel free to use this site as much as possible. It is open to everyone and this certainly is for the good of the growing community. I welcome anyone and everyone to post here as much as they like.

I would recommend playing a game from 9 - 11, breaking for lunch from 11-12:30, gaming from 12:30-2:30, breaking for 30 mins and then playing 3-5 for your last game. Pick a schedule and stick to it. For 1500 points, 2 hours is plenty for games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th September 2009, 11:07 pm

Wouldn't a 9-11 game require everybody to sign up starting at 8:30? Most of the guys at CHG are just getting to bed at 8:30 am. Razz

What about a sign up time of 10 am with a game start time around 10:30 to 12:30 with an hour or so break for lunch and then round 2 starting at 2pm or so and going until 4 with a 30 minute break and then round 3 starting at 5 and finishing up at 7? Then have the awards handed out at 8 after all the debate, screaming and whining with a day wrap up no later than 9pm?

Or is the late start an issue with some? I believe an 8:30 am sign up will be an issue with a lot of guys at CHG.

Let me know.
Back to top Go down
nachos
Eldar with a tramp stamp

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th September 2009, 11:09 pm

Well its really up to you Gamewizard i think that for a one day event the staff could Handel getting up "early" for the event but i guess it would depend on what everyone one involved is thinking.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th September 2009, 11:12 pm

Hey, aren't you supposed to be working? Evil or Very Mad

Or painting buildings? Or making tree templates? Hmmmm? Tell Andy I said get to work, slave! Make tree templates!
Back to top Go down
nachos
Eldar with a tramp stamp
nachos

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th September 2009, 11:26 pm

Andy went home.......and yes i'm working. I'm working on pushing keys on this here key board. And I'm formateing the back computer. :-) thats hard work man. lol
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th September 2009, 12:44 pm

How has this been coming along?
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th September 2009, 2:36 pm

Still in the planning stages, Zendikar kind of took all of my focus up this week. We had 55 ( a record breaker even for the old shop, I believe ) on Saturday with about five different drafts along with the main event. Today we have 14 players with more drafts as well.

We need to set a start time. I believe an 8:30 arrival for registration is pretty much the desired time, with a 9 am Game 1 start.

I suggest we use the following schedule:

Game 1) 9 am to 11 am.

1 hour lunch break.

Game 2) 12 pm to 2 pm.

30 minute break.

Game 3) 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm.

30 minute break (roughly)

Game Awards: 5 pm

How do we want to do the paint scores? By player or by one judge? I will defer to what most people want to do.

I prefer not to do Comp scores. A simplified Sportsmanship would also be better. I believe bsimon mentioned that simple scoring system; something like that would be good.

I will look at some scenarios or will do something out of the book so that nobody has to do the same scenario twice. I don't want to get too complicated with the scenarios.

I apologize in advance for the mistakes I will make.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th September 2009, 4:27 pm

For your first tournament, I would suggest leaving the paint judging up to the players. Just have everyone set up his/her army when you break for lunch. Everyone can cast a vote for 1st-3rd: 3 points per 1st place vote/2 per 2nd place vote/1 per 3rd place vote. You should also make it clear that players can't vote for themselves. I'm sure some folks will have suggestions for refinement, but that seems like a fairly simple method to me.

Later,

Monkey
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th September 2009, 4:44 pm

Don't vote for yourself huh.... I saw you Matt H. At patriot games you wrote in your army for 1st 2nd and 3rd!!! Now you jump on the internetz with your morals and what not!
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th September 2009, 6:50 pm

Hey, I needed all of the votes I could get. I mean the guy who won had naked babies on his tanks. Naked babies!! What sort of world is 40k promoting if is has that kind of smut in its universe of megalomaniacs and nihilistic demons?

Later,

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th September 2009, 7:20 pm

Well now that I think about it.... it is a somewhat appropriate mural for a person named Littleboyblues to have a naked baby painted on his tank........
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th September 2009, 4:33 pm

This is only for any newbs who are not used to tournaments so this won't apply to most of the people here but someone here at the shop mentioned that I need to state the following:

All armies are to be played as WYSIWYG. For example; don't bring a Rhino to the game and then tell your opponent that what he is seeing is actually a Razorback; it won't fly.

Also Vehicle Construction Rules are years out of date so please don't use them. Any adjustments to vehicles must be out of the Codexes or any published errata.

Armies are not required to be painted in any way at this tournament.
Later we might start requiring at least a painted HQ but for now just
bring yourself and your army.

I've downloaded the INAT FAQ'a and they will be available if they are needed.

The dues will be paid at the door so that may allow some who run into scheduling issues to not feel pressure to attend. That is both a good thing and a bad thing; I hope to see a lot of folks here in any case.

Natchos and I are feverishly working on terrain so we can present our best sides to the people who attend. We are both probably toxically poisoned from all the acrylic paint that has been blown up our noses into our brains.

Start time and date are concrete at this moment; Saturday October 17th at 8:30. Please bring five army lists; one for you, one for each opponent and one for the TO. Dues are $10 to be paid at the door. There will be both a game prize and a paint prize.

See everyone soon!

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th September 2009, 4:52 pm

Since this will be local players in this more than likely, might be a good idea to drop off a list a week early so you can validate it.
Could create issues if middle of game 3 someone turns up with illegal list. Most of us are capable of policing ourselves, but mistakes do happen. Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th September 2009, 7:08 pm

I need to clarify something about preregistration.

Please email your army list to chris@castlehousegames.com or turn them in to me or Natchos at Castle House Games no later than October 10th. I need a week to verify everyone's lists before the event. Please be sure to put your name, phone number, email address, first girlfriend's name and number if she is hawt... ooops, too much info given out there.

Ignore what I stated about bringing 5 copies of your lists; I will use AB3 for validation and will print them off here. You will be handed a folder with your lists in it when you arrive on Saturday.

If any veteran players have a problem with AB3 please bring it to my attention now.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th September 2009, 8:11 pm

Looking forward to it. I've sworn to not bring my guard to any more local tourneys for a while. Is there a single prize for gaming and one for painting? I will be out of the running for paint with my others.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th September 2009, 10:25 pm

Correct; one for paint and one for game.

Edit:

Three prizes for for Game and one for Paint.

Game:

1st is $40

2nd is $25

3rd is $15

Paint is TBD. Give me some pointers on what is usually given out, please.

All prizes will be given out in non-cash redeemable gift certificates good towards the purchase of anything in the store. Not just GW products; anything. We are an all-encompassing game shop so while I do want people to come and play their favorite game I also don't want to make it exclusive to the game that is currently being played.

The certificates do not expire and may be used at any time.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
nachos
Eldar with a tramp stamp
nachos

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th October 2009, 4:17 pm

Hey everyone just a reminder. If you were wanting to play in the event we need your army list by this Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you all out here. :-D
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th October 2009, 1:05 pm

Just a reminder, army lists must be turned in no later than this coming Saturday; October the 10th. Only two more days.

Army lists can be hand written so long as I can read it and can be on any medium. Even toilet paper (unused preferably).
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th October 2009, 2:42 pm

Will scenarios be posted before then?
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th October 2009, 5:08 pm

I didn't realize that scenarios are what was being waited on until a few minutes ago.

BASICALLY:

Scenario 1 will be a Capture Scenario.

Scenario 2 will be a Annihilation Scenario.

Scenario 3 will be a Capture Scenario.

All scenarios will be straight from the book with no frills added during our first Tournament.

More later.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th October 2009, 5:37 pm

You may have to validate the Space Wolves lists by hand. =p
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th October 2009, 6:00 pm

I assumed so. Together you, I and Monkey can validate them. I don't know who else is bringing SW's.

Last edited by gamewizard on 8th October 2009, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th October 2009, 6:51 pm

Objectives for the two Capture scenarios will be announced on the day of the Tournament.

There will be six 4x6 tables set up and more can be made available as needed.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th October 2009, 4:04 pm

no second like the last second. just emailed my list in to chris
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th October 2009, 10:33 pm

I ran mine by at about 6:30. Of course, it was just an Excel file because of the new codex.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th October 2009, 11:28 pm

Sounds good; looks like we'll have a great first event!
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th October 2009, 4:39 pm

A few last minute verifications:

There will be three prizes given out for Best General:

1st is $40

2nd is $25

3rd is $10

There will be a separate prize for Best Paint. Paint will be judged by the TO.

1st will get $25

2nd will get an Honorable Mention Certificate.

Any ties for Paint will be judged off by the players.

There will be a $10 prize for Sportmanship with any ties going to player with lowest Best General score.

It is entirely possible , but not probable, that one person will walk away with three prizes (Best General, Sportsmanship, Paint) for a grand total of anywhere from $45 to $75. I realize that some might not think this is fair and I hope you will bear with me since this was the best way I could figure it out for CHG"s first tournament with the restrictions that I had placed on it (mainly that it was not required to bring a painted army but I did want to reward painted armies). Our next tournament will be better, hopefully.

This is a different way than is done at other tournaments. Since this is our first one I wanted to try to keep things as simple as I could understand them.

If anyone has any major problems with this method, please either PM me or let me know here.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th October 2009, 5:19 pm

The only suggestion I have is that Sports tiebreaker go to highest Battle. It's harder to win and have your opponent score you highly, than to lose and do so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event at Castle House Games   Event at Castle House Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event at Castle House Games
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next