Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Event at Castle House Games

Go down 
+2
bsimon
gamewizard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Next Event at Castle House Games Empty
PostSubject: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime24th October 2009, 10:30 am

We had a great turnout on our first event and I would like to keep the ball rolling without getting any burnout from the participants.

What I was thinking (I know, dangerous for me) was that we could alternate off between having Fantasy one month and 40K the next. That way any 40K players that don't do Fantasy can take a needed break and those who do both Fantasy and 40K can have the opportunity to do each aspect of their hobby every month in Organized play at CHG.

I know there are not as many WHF players as 40K. The main one I know of personally that might want to do both would be Verminlord. I assume Bsimon has a Fantasy army and might want to play it (If he can keep his car between the ditches... Laughing) on occasion.

How many other Warhammer Fantasy players do we have that might want to play their army every other month?

The only problem I see is for people who do both types that have to get kitchen passes from their significant others in order to play a tournament every month. I am sure that some will have to miss on occasion.

I say if we can get four players who would dedicate their time to a Warhammer Fantasy event at CHG then we can do it.

Give me an "I'm In!" on this thread and we'll see if we can get something going on a Saturday in November, probably around the middle of the month again if that fits everyone's bill.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime24th October 2009, 11:04 am

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime24th October 2009, 11:59 am

Great! We have our first!

Brent, any weekend in November not good for you?
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime24th October 2009, 12:01 pm

I like the idea of alternating. I don't currently have a Fantasy army, but I have some Dark Elves that want to be used. I'm not sure if that's the way I want to go though.

I do like the idea of a pretty regular 40k tournament. It will keep me motivated to paint and try new things.

Later,

Monkey
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime24th October 2009, 7:30 pm

gamewizard wrote:
Great! We have our first!

Brent, any weekend in November not good for you?

The weekend of Thanksgiving would be really really bad.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime24th October 2009, 10:22 pm

Week of Thanksgiving is definitely not good. I can play if it falls on one of my weekends off.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime24th October 2009, 10:28 pm

Sometime either in the early or middle of the month then for a weekend.

The desire for a regular 40K was discussed but it was mentioned that every month would be too often.

For a Fantasy army size, what about 1k in points? Again; starting small for beginners and working our way up.

This time it won't be so hectic trying to get set up.

For Fantasy we would probably have to use Comp scores as well as Sports and Battle. We might throw in a special bonus objective (maybe using a turkey mini) just for Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime25th October 2009, 12:19 am

1k in Fantasy is roughly comparable to saying no HQs in 40k. Certain armies (VC, Tomb Kings) suffer a LOT when going below 2k.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime25th October 2009, 8:24 am

I'm in, assuming it's okay that my fantasy army will probably never get fully painted... I have enough trouble getting my 40k army painted as it is :\.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime25th October 2009, 11:10 pm

Most of the CHG folks that might want in will NOT have an army of 2k points.

So if we want to limit it to 2k or over then we need to rethink how many will be there.

What size army do we want to place? 2500? Remember; I was just wanting this to be a start up towards something we could build on.

1,000 points is pushing it for the people that play on a weekly basis at CHG. 2500 is just not "do-able". Nachos and Phoenix will get the joke here.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime25th October 2009, 11:12 pm

Painted armies are not required. It will need to be WYSIWYG, though.

I won't even demand total GW minis. If you have an army that has some non GW minis then that is ok as well. It just has to be WYSIWYG.
Back to top Go down
nachos
Eldar with a tramp stamp
nachos

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime26th October 2009, 11:42 am

I really dislike you now Game. Any how about the game size i think it really all depends on how many people have a good fantasy army that want to play. I know i have only around 1000 points but then agin I'm not going to play any how. So i think it really depends on everyone that wants to paly or has some intrest in it.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime9th November 2009, 6:20 pm

When is this?
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime9th November 2009, 9:56 pm

Not enough people with 2k points plus.

Next event at CHG is already posted as a 40K event.

Hopefully sometime in January we can do a Fantasy tournament.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime10th November 2009, 6:53 pm

Best way to do this is an escalation league.
Start at 750pts., adding at least 250pts every month, culminate the league off with a tournament.
This way no one is pressured into buying a full army right off the bat, and can be painted as they go and the players can really learn to play their armies as well as learn the rules themselves. At the end, everyone should have a fully painted 2k army.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime10th November 2009, 9:21 pm

I agree, but there seemed to be much resistance to anything less than 2K points. None of the beginners here at CHG can do that off the bat.

The people that play regularly at CHG will need to start small if we want to keep them playing.

750 is a good number to introduce them to the game.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime14th November 2009, 12:25 am

I guess I misunderstood by what you meant as an Escalation League, Vermin. I misunderstood you to agree to a tournament beginning with 750-1k points. You were saying start up casual play at CHG with a workup to 2K + points.

I'll see if we can get a sign up sheet at CHG for interested parties to play; starting with 750 points. With the intention to slowly work up to 2K or so and then do a tournament. How many games should we play at 750 points? 3 or 4? And then wok up at 250 points per every three or four gamesP (depending on the player's ability to catch onto the game and their chosen army)

Good idea; I'll see if I can get any nibbles on that.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime14th November 2009, 11:08 pm

There is no right or wrong way to do an Escalation League.
You can upgrade 250pts at a time or you could upgrade 500pts at a time. Keep in mind players have different learning curves. Do what the players are comfortable with. You don't want to overwhelm them or they won't stick with it.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime14th November 2009, 11:57 pm

Sounds good, I'll get something set up tomorrow if I can. Had a bad day physically with my diabetes giving me fits. I may have to take tomorrow off from the shop. This coming week begins my 7 day a week shift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Event at Castle House Games   Next Event at Castle House Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Event at Castle House Games
Page 1 of 1