Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd

Go down 
+4
capnwoodrow
Monkey
Fethos
Khaas
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Empty
PostSubject: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime17th January 2013, 2:40 pm

Warseer thread appears to be gone already, but there's been a leak of pics from the upcoming White Dwarf (yes Brian, you and I will need to talk about some impending purchases).

Here's the highlights:
New book
Lore cards

New Dragon Ogres (sexy)
Chariot (normal and Gorebeast version both sexy)
Throgg and Vilitch both released
Forsaken (looks decent, appears to have 10 per box)
Big Dual-Kit Monster
Chaos Lord on Foot

Also, the Chimera model is listed with the Warriors of Chaos too. So, looks like we're getting that (probably as a character mount option).

From the looks of things this is going to be a HUGE release and all of the sculpts look sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime17th January 2013, 3:07 pm

NEW BOOK?! Sweet!

Did you find the release date?
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime17th January 2013, 3:12 pm

I'm not going to post the pics, because it's already causing problems for a few sites apparently (like Warseer). But, they're out there. Apparently someone got their hands on White Dwarf early, the cover is the new Warriors army book cover, and the release page is littered with new WOC stuff, so the assumption is Feb 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime17th January 2013, 4:21 pm

from Librarium-Online JvK

Core

Chaos Warriors
Marauders
Marauder Horsemen
Chaos Hounds
Forsaken*

Special

Chaos Chariot
Gorebeast Chariot
Forsaken*
Hellstriders
War Alter
Chaos Ogres
Chaos Trolls
Dragon Ogres
Chaos Knights
Chosen

Rare

Slaughterbeast
Mutilath Vortex Beast
Skullcrushers
Chaos Giant
Chaos Spawn
Chimera
Hellcannon
Shaggoth**

* I have heard talk that forsaken are getting moved to Core but since I have not been able to verify this yet.

** Rumours persist that the Shaggoth is getting a new model and will be released alongside a new Chaos Dragon in a later wave
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime17th January 2013, 7:15 pm

Screw it, here's the pics on my personal server (it's literally sitting in the closet in the next room so they gotta go through me personally to remove them). I will however take them down if asked nicely...

Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd 001

DRAGON OGRES
Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd 002

VILITCH THE CURSELING (Not what I'd expected).
Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd 003

THROGG
Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd 004

CHAOS LORD
Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd 005

FORSAKEN
Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd 006

SLAUGHTERBEAST
Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd 007

MUTILATH VORTEX BEAST
Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd 008

GOREBEAST CHARIOT
Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd 009

CHAOS CHARIOT (Same kit as above, different options).
Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd 010

Enjoy, I'm working on a blog update about these as I get more info, and I'm sure there will be all sorts of math hammer once there's more details.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime17th January 2013, 10:56 pm

Damnit! I wanted my Daemons.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime17th January 2013, 11:03 pm

Daemons are apparently not far behind, the problem is they're doing a double release of Daemons 40k and wfb simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime17th January 2013, 11:10 pm

Which would put it further out to my thinking, as it would be two releases for both systems really close together.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime21st January 2013, 2:32 pm

Some more info has come from the WD leak, in particular from the Battle Report (I can't stress this enough Brian, I will throw wads of cash at you when this stuff drops, so be prepared).

I cleaned it up a bit, was a little hard to read (English is not his first language).

Quote :
EOTG chart is still there but new one (it even has +1 BS ???)... And we still have to issue challenges (it's clear when he hit the Gobbo block and had to issue 6 challenges).

Gorebeast Chariot T6, 5W and has Killing Blow (yes, it's impact hits are effected by KB). It's has a lower movement than the normal Chaos Chariots, but a better Armor Save.

Slaughterbrute can be bound to the Lord, giving the Brute the WS of the Chaos Lord. It also has an option for extra limbs (extra attacks). It's a purely CC monster.

Mutilath Vortex Beast fires a bound magic that makes every model in the unit pass T test or die, models killed this way are turned into Spawn near the unit. This has the potential to be nasty as hell, and sell some Spawn kits.

Forsaken are M6 and D3+1 A with it's own D6 chart. One result is ASF. Looks like these will actually be more like the Chaos Spawn in the 40k book.

As for the magic they showed only cards for signature. For Nurgle it's the 24" NO AS snipe. For Tzeentch it's Blue fire. 24" D6 SD6 MM.

Tzeentch lore attribute is I think (it's really small picture) that for each succesfull cast you roll D6 and on 6 add PD in the army pool).

Slaanesh signature is Lash of Slaanesh. 24" straight line form the base in forward arc of the caster. Every model under the line receives S3 AP hit.

Slaanesh lore attribute is +2 WS for the caster untill the next magic phase.

Lord, exalted and sorcerers have the same stats line. Knights and hellstriders too.

Also, the inference from the Battle Report is suggesting that Banner of Rage is still in and that MOK is changing to Hatred. So, a bus of Skullcrushers with the Banner seems much more likely. Also, it appears that Ensorcelled Weapons are now an upgrade on both Skullcrushers and Knights. Most likely they start with Hand Weapons and can choose Ensorcelled or Lances, which to me makes more sense.

I'm particularly interested in the "Bound Monsters" rule that's popping up, if that will mean that the monster is a mount or if it works more like 7th Editioin VC Helm of Command. That could mean more monsters on the field.

Also, it appears that Forsaken will be Core according to the Army List used in the Battle Report. As usual, take this stuff with the usual grain of salt. There were discrepancies in the BR when Skullcrushers and Hellstriders were released (they misrepresented the T of the Skullcrushers). So, even assuming all of this is 100% legit there may still be errors in the printed work, or things that were changed before the actual Army Book is released.

However, having said that if anyone has questions let me know. I'll be posting more information as I get it.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime21st January 2013, 9:02 pm

Well, thankfully I get paid soon...all of that looks awesome, and I couldn't be happier I am going to have an 8th edition book for one of my armies. Loving the idea of a WS 8 monster that probably has a ton of attack because it is a chaos monster. Couple questions, where you able to find the strength of the Gorebeast chariot? Could you find any point cost or a rough estimate of point cost for any of the troops?
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime21st January 2013, 9:31 pm

I'm translating the army list from the battle report, it'll shed some light on a few things. I should have it posted here a bit later, it's a 3000 point list and has all of the new units, but none of the characters. It looks like they were deliberately vague on a few issues though, but the most meaningful information listed above has come from the BR so far.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime21st January 2013, 9:34 pm

What language is the battle report in? I can speak, write, and read German if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime21st January 2013, 9:38 pm

It's Mandarin, I've just been busy all day or it'd be finished already. I dated a Chinese girl before I met my wife, I started learning Mandarin to surprise her for Valentines Day only to find out she didn't speak a word of it. Unfortunately, I'm not as fluent in Mandarin as I am French, Italian, or Russian, so it goes a little slower. But I'll have the translation finished tonight for sure.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime21st January 2013, 10:22 pm

So there is no WILL OF CHAOS listed beneath lords, heroes, knights etc. Only eye of the gods and its note (doomknight only for knights).

List is 3000 pts:

LORDS AND HEROES
Chaos Lord (Shield, MoK, General)
+ Manticore
+ Chalice of Chaos
+ Soul Feeder Gift

Sorcerer (Level 2, MoT)

Sorcerer (Level 2, MoN)

CORE
15 Warriors (HW, Shield, FC, MoT)
30 marauders (Shields, LA, FC)
15 Forsaken
5 Warhounds

SPECIAL
15 chosen (GW, FC, MoT)
3 Dragon ogres (GW, Champion)
Gorebeast chariot (MoK)

RARE
3 Skullcrushers (Ensorcelled Weapons, Standard, Champion)
Slaughterbrute (Extra Claws)
Mutalith Vortex Beast

Additional Notes: Some things are very hard to read, ie very small print. But, it appears that Chaos Sorcerers now have access to the Chaos Lores as well as Metal, Shadow, and Death. Also, it appears that even marked Sorcerers may opt for their preferred Lore or M, S, or D. Though they get some bonuses for using the Lore that they're marked as.

Sadly, no points cost for the units listed, they're playing it pretty close to the chest on this one. I'm guessing they (GW) have figured out no matter how hard they try the info will get out if it's in print. So, we'll just have to wait a couple of weeks. Brian, did I mention how much cash I'm about to throw at you? For serious...
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime22nd January 2013, 11:40 pm

Lore of metal is going to be set for a big comeback at TSE.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime23rd January 2013, 11:45 am

I can't believe that small amount of models is 3k points!

Thanks for posting Khaas. Cannot wait to see this when it hits.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime23rd January 2013, 2:28 pm

It doesn't help that there are three monsters in the list, the Manticore, Slaughterbrute, and Mutilath. I can't imagine that comes cheap.

I'll keep you guys posted if anything else comes up, I know pretty much everyone has a Chaos army, so I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in the info.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime23rd January 2013, 6:36 pm

I don't have a chaos army. I am good to the core..............
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime23rd January 2013, 6:49 pm

I was going to start an Empire army but thought better of it, because good is dumb Smile
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime23rd January 2013, 9:30 pm

I have a bad feeling there are going to be many irritated/angry/frustrated players after the release....and it will not be the people who have to fight the new book.

Seriously there are some things that need to be toned down.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime23rd January 2013, 9:35 pm

I feel like Fantasy is actually fairly balanced. There are good and bad matchups, but no one book really dominates.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime23rd January 2013, 9:41 pm

Brian and I were talking about this a little at TSE today, my gut tells me WOC is going to be roughly in the same boat as VC or Empire with this release. There's a lot of goodies but no way to take everything you want at once, much like if you take a Mortis Engine you're not likely taking a Black Knight Bus, etc. I'm all for it personally, I like the idea of having more viable options over 1-2 lists that use different variations of the same units (Marauder Hordes for example).

One of the biggest deciding factors in my opinion though is how they handled Marks, that could be make or break for a few units.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime23rd January 2013, 9:49 pm

I expect the marks to be the way they are in the Chaos codex for 40k. Chaos books for fantasy and 40k (Daemons, warriors, marines) have shared a bunch of common features the last couple of editions.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime23rd January 2013, 11:25 pm

It'll be like any 8th ed release - the toys and the known power builds will be rendered obsolete overnight. Then the tinkering phase begins. In this phase we will see the monsterous cav options of the book stress tested.

Eventually someone will win a tourney or place highly with an interesting build and you'll see it copied.

Current prediction: Skullcrusher bus with the rumored hatred banner. One of the big master's complaints about Crushers and 'gryphs is that they can just whiff. And when that happens you're usually stuck in the wind. So if we get a Hatred banner - i'm running Crusherbus overnight.

Dragon Ogres will be made or broken on their T/AS. They can take being a 3+ or a 4+ at tough6, but at t5 it's going to make them seem a little weak unless they drop significantly down in points.

Other than that we'll have to stop relying on Gateway and Pandy to scare our opponents and play with the new spells. I'm personally hoping for more combat buffs/hexes so I when I commit to combat on turn 3 i'm not 5 dicing gateway at cannons and then just throwing Pandy up. I know only 2 magic items are rumored, but i'd love to see a Chaos Mutation/Gift chart that rivals the Vamps.

I want to play with the big stuff, see what happens to the shrines, and really play with the new magic. All in all, i'm stoked as a Warriors player and can't be more excited to break my army back out! (after I play with the Chaos Dwarfs for a while, of course Wink )
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime23rd January 2013, 11:33 pm

I am with Capn on that. Most releases follow a standard chain of events. I also think Capn is right with the monsters. I am going to try running the new chaos monsters regardless of point cost and rules. I am starting to think that there may be a few good benefits to the monsters in this new edition as more armies get their 8th upgrade. I know the typical thought is that the monster gets shot down turn one, but only reliably against dwarfs and empire...I will take my chances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd   Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warriors of Chaos, Feb 2nd
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next