Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nurgle Bikes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Nurgle Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Nurgle Bikes   Nurgle Bikes Icon_minitime14th October 2012, 12:43 pm

Things have been crazy here the past week, but during some downtime I've been doodling with an idea I thought I'd see what you guys think. I'm definitely going Death Guard for my CSM army, my main list will likely have a pair of Helldrakes, and Typhus + Plague Zombies. But I was also thinking, what about some Nurgle bikes? 3 units of 6 would be fun to put together. It's been so long since I've touched 40k though I don't know if a bike list is really feasible for CSM. Any feedback would be appreciated - right now everything's on hold, but I'm trying to get some ideas so I can hit the ground running when I do start working on my guys.
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

Nurgle Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Bikes   Nurgle Bikes Icon_minitime14th October 2012, 1:57 pm

this is all theory as i have yet to actually get a game in with 6th ed, but the new Jink save brings a little bit more survivability to bikes, granting a 5+ cover as long as they've moved... also, chaos bikes with mark of nurgle are T6, which gets kind of pricy (6 pts per model) but they're not going to be going down too easy.

aside from all that, i'd really like to see you make some nurgle bikers, and what you'd do with the models, so i vote go for it, whether or not you actually use them on the table. cheers
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Nurgle Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Bikes   Nurgle Bikes Icon_minitime14th October 2012, 2:22 pm

LOL, well don't worry I do plan to at least make a squad of 7 if nothing else. I've got a lot of ideas for the army, I see a couple of units of Plague Marines with Rhinos in the near future.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Nurgle Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Bikes   Nurgle Bikes Icon_minitime21st October 2012, 10:59 pm

Another fun idea is 6 chaos spawn of nurgle. t6 beasts...hm...tasty....
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Nurgle Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Bikes   Nurgle Bikes Icon_minitime21st October 2012, 11:22 pm

I should have my csm codex this week and I'll have a better idea of how I want my army to look, right now I'm thinking daemon allies: typhus and epidemius with lots of plague zombies and nurglings. A couple of pm w rhino units to start off. I'm also making a couple of scratch built helldrakes with the taint of Nurgle. I've got some bits chosen already so as soon as I finish my fantasy army for Shiloh expect some serious csm goodies.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Nurgle Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Bikes   Nurgle Bikes Icon_minitime24th October 2012, 10:46 pm

Still waiting on my CSM Codex, supposed to be here Saturday. Meanwhile, I figured I'd take a look at what I want to start with for my army. My starting force will basically be like this:

Chaos Lord of Nurgle on Bike

6 Nurgle Bikers

7 Plague Marines (2 Flamer, Power Axe) Rhino

7 Plague Marines (2 Melta, Power Fist) Rhino

7 Plague Marines (2 Melta, Power Fist) Rhino

Heldrake (Baleflamer)

Heldrake (Baleflamer)

BASIC THEME
The army is going to be Death Guard, Nurgle themed. I'm going to follow Eye of Error's example and do a Cthulhu themed force, they'll all have swampy bases thanks to some goodies from Secret Weapon Miniatures. I'm planning a display board for the army with the "Marsh Refinery" spewing filth into the swamp, the board will be 2 tiers with vehicles on the second tier and the infantry down in the muck...

BIKES
I've been thinking long and hard about how best to pull this off, and I've decided I want to return to my childhood. I'm going to do a squad of rotten Akira like bikers. They'll have tubes, wires, and fleshy tentacles attaching them to their bikes. Along with the typical Nurgle rot. As for the Lord, I'll know more on him after I get my codex but right now I'm thinking of adding the Black Mace to him.

MARINE SQUADS
These will be heavilly converted with some older "pre heresy" bits and other FW goodies. I'll be adding some murals to the Rhinos themselves, but more on that a bit later.

HELDRAKES
I've already started on the first drake, it's based on the actual Heldrake model but with bits from the VC Zombie Dragon. The other will be a giant fly based off of the Arachnarok model based off of this one The Fly.

---------------------

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nurgle Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Bikes   Nurgle Bikes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nurgle Bikes
Page 1 of 1