Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doom of mal question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Doom of mal question Empty
PostSubject: Doom of mal question   Doom of mal question Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 2:00 am

So how does Doom of Malantai work now? Let's say he drops in on a unit and does 5 wounds in their shooting phase. If one of the 5 closest models is an IC, does he take a wound?
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Doom of mal question   Doom of mal question Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 11:07 am

I cant remember how Dooms silliness works, but the IC takes wounds until he dies from failed armor/invulnerable saves and missed Look Out Sir attempts. The Look Out Sir attempts transfers unsaved wounds to a model in the unit that he is in and is within 6". Since he's an IC the character has a 2+ LookOS roll. Heaven forbid if he's got FNP also and the DOOM doesn't double his toughness cause then it's armor/invulnerable, FNP, then LookOS.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Doom of mal question   Doom of mal question Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 11:17 am

For every point of leadership they fail by on 3d6, they take unsavable wounds. You can still take invulns though.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Doom of mal question   Doom of mal question Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 11:45 am

OK so as I recall, The unit takes the LD test with the IC's LD since he's in the unit. The controlling player of the unit starts allocating wounds to the closest model and roll any Invulns - FNP (if S isn't double T since the only ID now is doubling T) - LookOS( 4+ if it's a Character like a Sargent, a unit of Characters like Nobs or Paladins, or 2+ if it's your IC ) saves.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Doom of mal question   Doom of mal question Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 12:07 pm

Im making all kinds of silly Tyranid lists. Oh yeah, I bought tyrannies again. Dont judge me Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Doom of mal question   Doom of mal question Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 1:41 pm

No judgement just a lot of lol!
Back to top Go down
BigAl
Servitor with a short circuit
BigAl

PostSubject: Re: Doom of mal question   Doom of mal question Icon_minitime9th July 2012, 8:20 pm

@bdix

Still on the fence with nids, personally. I need to mull over some lists and read some message boards on how they are panning out. Jury still seems to be out on if they can pull themselves out of the codex basement and rumble with the big boys (IG, Crons, DE, GK).

I'm afraid not being able to take allies will prove a serious hindrance. All other codexes can compensate for what they lack by taking an ally to fill it. However, I do like the ability to have flyrants, lots of psykers, glancekill vehicles, and be able to bubble wrap/tarpit.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doom of mal question   Doom of mal question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doom of mal question
Page 1 of 1