Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warmachine Journeyman League

Go down 
+2
capnwoodrow
Verminlord
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Warmachine Journeyman League Empty
PostSubject: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime12th September 2011, 5:10 pm

There's been a little interest in this and was wondering who all would be interested doing this.

There is a $5 dollar fee for playing in the league.

It lasts 6 weeks total, points earned for not only games played, but painting your models as well.

Week Army Composition Scenario
1 Battlegroup box set only - Mangled Metal / Tooth and Claw
2 15 points: Battlegroup box set contents required - Kill Box
3 25 points: Battlegroup box set contents required - Kill Box
4 25 points: Battlegroup box set contents required - Kill Box
(’caster swap allowed)
5 35 points: Battlegroup box set contents required - Kill Box or Killing Fields
(original or swapped ‘caster allowed)
6 35 points: No restrictions - Kill Box or Killing Fields

The idea would be to hold a 35pt Steamroller Event at the end of the League. We would be putting the Rotterhorn League coin up for grabs. Kept holding off on the Rotterhorn to make sure the CHG would be included, and well, that just didn't work out. The people that paid to play in the Rotterhorn would get free entry to tournament. Otherwise, looking at a $10 entry fee.

And no, you don't have to participate in the Journeyman League to play in the 35pt Steamroller. Just thought since some are still having issues getting models, they could at least play a little in the meantime.

Last edited by Verminlord on 17th September 2011, 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime12th September 2011, 5:34 pm

I'd be up for it.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime12th September 2011, 7:22 pm

I'll play.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime12th September 2011, 8:18 pm

Id play but theres too many at one time. Bloodbowl and map based fantasy too. They need to be staggered out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime12th September 2011, 11:35 pm

We're just spoiled for choice. We can have 3 events going on at once with 4-5 players or one event at a time with 4-5 players.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime13th September 2011, 12:15 am

Wildeyedjester wrote:
Id play but theres too many at one time. Bloodbowl and map based fantasy too. They need to be staggered out.

I understand the concern, but it very little time to play a Battle Box game. Or even a 25pt game for that matter.

Also, once you know what you're doing in Bloodbowl, games should only last 30-45 minutes. Could be a lot less when my rats take on the Ogres. Can't finish the game without a certain number of players.

Just trying to keep the interest up on Thursday Nights. In addition, league games could be played whenever, just need to be played at TSE as per PP league rules.

Bane, I thought you had said something about participating as well?

Brent, would Matt G. want in on this?

Would like to get 6 players before I ask Brian to order this kit.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime15th September 2011, 9:04 am

Yeah, I think I could be down. Cygnar, ho!
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime17th September 2011, 10:32 pm

Updated weekly info with the scenarios.

We currently have 5 players so far. See if Brian will go ahead and order kit. Maybe we can pick up a couple of more.

Also, forgot to mention there is a $5 fee for playing in the league.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime19th September 2011, 8:14 am

And 10 for the tourney after, right? When do you need the cash by?
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime19th September 2011, 5:34 pm

Bane wrote:
And 10 for the tourney after, right? When do you need the cash by?

I will start a list for the league on Thursday night when I am there so I can keep track of who is playing and such.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime23rd September 2011, 2:22 pm

We pushed the winter campaign back for the league. Hope to see everyone participating.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime6th October 2011, 1:02 pm

For anyone who is interested, Brent Simon is going to be in the shop this Saturday afternoon to give some warmahordes tips and strategies. Come learn how to play and build a better army. No cost, just show up. We are going to try to start around 1, but he will be available for quesions after.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime6th October 2011, 5:33 pm

I promise I'll stay late. =)
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime9th October 2011, 12:12 am

Wildeyedjester wrote:

When are you thinking you can make it out? We're trying thursdays at TSE right now.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime10th October 2011, 1:16 pm

I need a week 1'and week 2 game. Looks like Thursday is my free evening this week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Journeyman League   Warmachine Journeyman League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warmachine Journeyman League
Page 1 of 1