Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warmachine/Hordes League?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Warmachine/Hordes League? Empty
PostSubject: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 6:10 pm

Just wondering why there was no mention of this league on here? Not exactly a fan of Facebook. Would have been nice to have known about it ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 6:43 pm

Who started it? Might be someone no longer active here.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 6:46 pm

I dont know a single person who plays at CHG who posts here. And it's a huge group of people...
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 6:47 pm

I thought Haren? posted here for all the Warmachine stuff. Maybe not anymore though.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 6:48 pm

I dont know if he plays that frequently over there. I think Big Mike is in charge of all of that jazz over there and he hasnt posted here in ages.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 6:50 pm

Prior to your recent interest in the game, the only other person interested in WM/hordes on the board has been capn, and brent (though brent is on fb almost as much as I am). I have been slacking on updating this section mostly because I've been taking a back seat in leading the community. The guys who have been keeping the community thriving created the fb group as their forum. I think they felt that they needed their own way to communicate that was their own.

I'll try and update here more often if there is an interest in it.

As for the league, PP host a league ever 4 months for a month each, that they use to move fluff on from their current state. The league is being hosted locally by CHG. You can play upto 5 games a week, with any point value 15 points to 150 points. there is a 10 dollar entry fee, and the league is already on week 2. For rules and information check out http://www.privateerevents.com for the pdf's for the league.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 6:53 pm

Does event/league play fall into exemption from the "pay to play" at CHG? I looked for more information on this and couldn't find anything on it...
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 7:33 pm

bdix wrote:
I dont know if he plays that frequently over there. I think Big Mike is in charge of all of that jazz over there and he hasnt posted here in ages.

I played every Thursday there. I cant afford to play every week now that the shop has announced a daily and monthly "pay to play" model.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/castle-house-hobbies-and-games/casual-play-fees-at-the-shop/220261231321892

capnwoodrow wrote:
Does event/league play fall into exemption from the "pay to play" at CHG? I looked for more information on this and couldn't find anything on it...

I'm not sure. Have to ask Chris for an answer on that.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 7:49 pm

Sounds like the league would be exempt as it references exemption from any even with a payment on it already.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 10:20 pm

WoW! CHG's is going to start charging to play? I could comment on this, however I will refrain.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 10:47 pm

Their monthly deal isn't too bad if you are actually planning on buying some stuff + playing.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 12:09 pm

Their monthly deal works out to a fairly good discount actually. I'm neither for or against the system, but it works out to an additional 5% off on special orders, effectively (iirc).

That being said, everyone at CHG checks Facebook and I'm really not aware of Warmachine going on at TSE or WarPig on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 4:36 pm

bsimon wrote:
That being said, everyone at CHG checks Facebook and I'm really not aware of Warmachine going on at TSE or WarPig on a regular basis.

At least not yet.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 4:47 pm

Want to get a league up? Start one!

I empower people. It's what I do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes League?   Warmachine/Hordes League? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warmachine/Hordes League?
Page 1 of 1