Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally found some gamers!!

Go down 
+5
Cpt_Tiberius
Haren
Wildeyedjester
MonkeyMan
Kelly502
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelly502
Grot Squig Herder
Kelly502

Finally found some gamers!! Empty
PostSubject: Finally found some gamers!!   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime25th June 2011, 10:40 pm

Hey, my name is Kelly, been in the area for a couple of years but have not found any local gaming clubs until just last week!! I was stoked when my eldest son found the War Pig in Centerton where we live. Met Will today in fact before heading to work.
a little background; I have been into strategic war gaming since the '80s when my grandfather took me to The Game Keep in Wichita KS and I bought Ogre with some Christmas money. It was great but it was missing the toys soldier effect of which I found in Rogue Trader later in the mid '80s.
Of course I played Dungeons and Dragons, Middle Earth, etc... The table top war gaming really got me when I found gamers in the Fort Campbell area while stationed there. I picked up all my old Rogue Trader miniatures and found that they had been replaced with newer and better looking models. I soon delved into "Hero Hammer" it was great for it's time and I was able to link up with some really talented modelers. I soon joined the ranks of Games Workshop's Outriders and absolutely loved showing folks the game systems, and modeling. I traveled a bunch over 10 years for GW, nearly recruited several times but I never took the leap I was afraid my favorite hobby would turn into a chore. I haven't played for a couple of years, the last game we played in Tennessee with army buddies was the last one with one of the best guys around. CW Mike Slebodnik was lost a few months later in OEF, a terrible loss. Since then we moved and the GW stuff has since come out of storage and into the new "Man Room".
I can't wait to meet you guys, I will be able to get to the War Pig soon after I move back to a day shift. Until then I am going to dust off the rules, the mini's, get caught up and hopefully even get the new Warhammer rules and get fantasy going. Until then.

Last edited by Kelly502 on 26th June 2011, 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispellings., typical bad grammar...sigh)
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Finally found some gamers!!   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime25th June 2011, 11:20 pm

Welcome to the forums Kelly!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Finally found some gamers!!   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime25th June 2011, 11:25 pm

Awesome man! Welcome into the fold and three cheers for the newest Hog of War!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Finally found some gamers!!   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 12:34 am

Welcome to the boards Kelly.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Finally found some gamers!!   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 2:53 am

Welcome Sir!
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Finally found some gamers!!   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 12:39 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Kelly502
Grot Squig Herder
Kelly502

PostSubject: Awesome!!   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 8:03 pm

Thanks guys! Game on!! cheers
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Finally found some gamers!!   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 1:10 pm

Welcome to the forums and the gaming community.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Finally found some gamers!!   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 1:19 pm

Welcome Kelly!
Back to top Go down
Sunshinej15
Flashlight toting Guardsman
Sunshinej15

PostSubject: Welcome   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 1:24 pm

Welcome! I'm new myself. You mentioned getting into Fantasy the upcoming escalation league would be a perfect opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally found some gamers!!   Finally found some gamers!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally found some gamers!!
Page 1 of 1