Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Potential Tournament in Fort Smith

Go down 
+7
Dannato
capnwoodrow
Wildeyedjester
Verminlord
bdix
MonkeyMan
DreadArchon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DreadArchon
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink

Potential Tournament in Fort Smith - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Tournament in Fort Smith   Potential Tournament in Fort Smith - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th June 2011, 9:05 am

Ok so right now here is were we are. But we are not certain that the tournamet is a go yet ....

2000pts no restrictions, 1 day 3 rounds, $20 entry (only includes entry, no lunch) with a cap of 30.

Questions though..

What kind of senarios do people like? Totally new or variation on the book? Primary and secondary objectives okay?
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner

PostSubject: Re: Potential Tournament in Fort Smith   Potential Tournament in Fort Smith - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th June 2011, 12:37 pm

Just food for thought,
second round of 40K Ard boys is Sept 17th. Don't know how many it would pull but might get a couple.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Potential Tournament in Fort Smith   Potential Tournament in Fort Smith - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th June 2011, 12:54 pm

Okay that is good to know. With that we probably will kick it back to October 1st or 8th.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er

PostSubject: Re: Potential Tournament in Fort Smith   Potential Tournament in Fort Smith - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th June 2011, 3:25 pm

I'm interested in a tournament down in FSM. Scheduling wise, the fall is tough. The other item I don't think you would want to conflict with is important Arkansas Razorback home football games. For a smaller tournament, its probably not a big deal, but if you're trying to draw a crowd then I'd reccommend avoiding them.
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Potential Tournament in Fort Smith   Potential Tournament in Fort Smith - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th June 2011, 7:44 pm

Alright, the 8th is a home game against Auburn so we are shooting for the 1st now.
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Potential Tournament in Fort Smith   Potential Tournament in Fort Smith - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 1:18 pm

Alright we are basically a go. I will be posting full rules soon.

The shop owner has also gotten it in his mind that he also wants to run a Fantasy Tournament too. So this may be going off on the same weekend.

The plan (if we really are going with fantasy too) is to have one event on SATURDAY and the other on SUNDAY.

Im wondering how many people would actually attend a Sunday tournament. It will probably be the Fantasy one.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Potential Tournament in Fort Smith   Potential Tournament in Fort Smith - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 2:28 pm

I would, again, caution against running a two day event. I know it's actually two separate one days, but I think that you're still dividing your player base. I wouldn't want to drive to Ft. Smith saturday, play for 8 hours, drive back, and then come back the next day for a Fantasy event. I would just pick one or the other.

Especially if the entry free is $40 for both events. Because then i'd be better off getting a room, which would double the cost of the event for me.
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Potential Tournament in Fort Smith   Potential Tournament in Fort Smith - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 3:31 pm

Understood, we will go with 40k then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential Tournament in Fort Smith   Potential Tournament in Fort Smith - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potential Tournament in Fort Smith
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2