Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting new army

Go down 
+2
Wildeyedjester
guyverlord3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
guyverlord3
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
guyverlord3

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 6:11 pm

Ok. So today I am able to start my 3rd army. I have skaven and VC. I am wanting to start a non horde army and non high elf. If yall have any ideas. let me know
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevenlykins.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 6:27 pm

100% Tyranids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
guyverlord3
guyverlord3

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 6:28 pm

new fantasy army
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevenlykins.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 6:30 pm

Skaven are more competitive, VC have a very high learning curve as you have to learn how use an entire army around 1-2 characters
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 6:35 pm

I realize that. I still say tyranids though.

Ill leave the real fantasy recommendations to others. I do know there is an entire empire army at warpig. Its classified as used but all still on sprue.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 6:58 pm

Skaven are better from a competative stand point. However you said you didn't want a horde army. They do this best with their 1/2 point a guy BS. Haha. Also I don't know your stance on the painting side but skaven are easy to paint as far as drybrush was/dip and mass quantities. If your a good painter or really enjoy that side of the hobby skaven are horrible. As you could paint your army better than anyone esle and it would never stand out because of the mass numbers and 90% of the army is tan/brown.

Vamps are harder to play with but can be good. Lots of tricksies you can pull. It went from being a complete power house army to a very finesse army. It has a bunch of not to hot to paint skellies but there are certain characters and units that you can make pretty fantastic.

It's really all in what you want to play.

+1 vote on tyranids though. Out flanking a unit of Genestealers against a unit in fantasy and charging in a ranked infantries flank would be deadly! (if you can find a fantasy opponent that doesn't mind playing against Nids...)
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 7:00 pm

JFC, he said he HAS Skaven and VC and wants a 3rd army.

I recommend Chaos Warriors. Solid statline, small army, entirely different from the other two. You get chariots, too, which is something the others don't.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 7:53 pm

I would vote for Daemons of Chaos. They are not a horde army, they are as strong as warriors of chaos, they can play the magic game, and they have a large enough variety to keep you from getting bored of the army too fast.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 8:33 pm

I refuse to read posts without giving my opinion on it first!

In that case play ogres... So if I play you I'll auto win! Wink
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 9:45 pm

Look at Brent, reading posts!

Ogres!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 10:39 pm

JFC - What do Jellied Frozen Corndogs have to do with people posting a response before actually reading the post?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starting new army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting new army   Starting new army Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting new army
Page 1 of 1