Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wound Allocation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

Wound Allocation Empty
PostSubject: Wound Allocation   Wound Allocation Icon_minitime22nd April 2011, 8:13 am

I have been working on a Grey Knights list and was wondering what the consensus was on wound allocation. With the various war gear options available to the GK's I can easily have each model in a squad armed differently. The question I have is whether this is the best way to go or should stick with one force weapon option to take better advantage of the bonuses the weapons offer?
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Wound Allocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation   Wound Allocation Icon_minitime22nd April 2011, 10:02 am

If you have at least one Halberd (for I6), and it kills a model, all subsequent wounds, at I4 or I1, will auto-ID. I'd recommend at least 1 Halberd, at least 1 Demonhammer, and 1 Stave, just to cover all bases.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

Wound Allocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation   Wound Allocation Icon_minitime22nd April 2011, 1:02 pm

Which specific units are you thinking of? On a strike squad, all those special weapons aren't going to keep them alive much longer, seems like a waste. Doesn't matter if your 10 Power Armor dudes are differently equipped when you have 4 plasma wounds dropping almost half the unit outright. Sure you save your Psycannons a little longer but GKs are marines. Period. Don't pretend they can take a hit any better or worse than other marines. 1 hammer is almost always a given, just to make sure MCs fear even your smallest units. But I truly think you have to make the call unit by unit. Ex: Strike Squads I would just give hammer and cannon(s). Purifiers cannons, halberds, hammer. That sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

Wound Allocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation   Wound Allocation Icon_minitime22nd April 2011, 6:31 pm

I'd say that Halberds are useful. As Brent said, you want a Daemonhammer to insta-kill ICs and for MCs. Other than that, wound allocation is largely useless on single wound models. However, if you run Paladins, it is almost mandatory. I'd also probably do so on termies as you'll have a low model count. Lastly, get as many Psycannons as possible. I think shooting is more important in a GK army than h-to-h.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Wound Allocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation   Wound Allocation Icon_minitime22nd April 2011, 11:00 pm

bsimon wrote:
If you have at least one Halberd (for I6), and it kills a model, all subsequent wounds, at I4 or I1, will auto-ID. I'd recommend at least 1 Halberd, at least 1 Demonhammer, and 1 Stave, just to cover all bases.

I agree. Got me a box of plastic GKs to just that. Except the majority of my GK's have halberds because I have mostly the older metal models. But so far, it hasn't hurt anything since they are single wound models.

My Paladins are all armed differently and it has worked like a charm so far. It also helps I am running Draigo with them. I have Banner, Apothecary, Stave, Hammer, Sword.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Cpt_Tiberius

Wound Allocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation   Wound Allocation Icon_minitime23rd April 2011, 11:03 am

Thanks for the advice guys. I wasn't sure how useful it was, but seeing as how I am using mostly terminators I will be taking multiple weapon options for wound allocation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wound Allocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation   Wound Allocation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wound Allocation
Page 1 of 1