Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants Empty
PostSubject: Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants   Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 5:25 pm

Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants Rulesq10
(Ignore my grammatical error, WTB Edit Button...)

Okay, so this guys response seems off to me. I understand where he is coming from, but in the BRB (p 25 for those playing along at home) when taking saving throws on complex units it says

Warhams BRB wrote:
...the player rolls separately for each model that stands out in gaming terms.

Normally this is extremely simple, this guy has a melta gun or this guy's a vet with 2 attacks. In the case provided however, the Sergeant has an identical stat-line and wargear, but he has a separate entry from the other models in both the Army List near the end of the book and the Summary on the last page. As far as I can tell, even though he has the same rules as his unit, he is a separate and unique model and therefore allowed to be allocated separately from similarly equipped normal terminators.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants   Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 5:48 pm

I have never actually thought about that. Ha. The way I've always played it is he count's as a separate guy. I can't reference any material that says it should be played that way or "prove" it. That's how I've always played it and would never personally try and convince an opponent otherwise. I could be playing it wrong though. Shrug.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants   Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 6:46 pm

Most everyone I know plays it per your (terribly grammarfied) example.

"One on the sarge, 3 on the regulars, 1 on the lightning claw guys.."

..then roll the sarge, the 3 regulars, and then the 1 LC.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants   Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants Icon_minitime15th March 2011, 12:05 am

I hadn't thought of that either, but looking at it again I would not count it as a separate type for would allocation based on RAW. Normally a sergeant has a different profile than the line troops (generally just an extra attack) but the Termi sergeant is exactly the same.

Normally he would count as a different model due to war gear, having the power sword versus standard fist, but since you changed his gear he is the same as the other TH/SS termis. Unfortunately there is no other wargear you could add to make him different, other than to leave him stock.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants   Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants Icon_minitime15th March 2011, 12:52 am

Phantom, since this was on my post I feel as if I should have some kind of response. Obviously, I agree with you as that's how I've been playing it, but had given some thought to the fact that it may not be right. I'm glad you brought it up. Since he is listed seperately, I took it to mean that he is seperate and can therefore have wounds allocated. I can see the arguement the other way though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants   Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wound Allocation and Assault Terminator Sergeants
Page 1 of 1