Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Independence Day Massacre

Go down 
+13
MonkeyMan
Haren
Verminlord
littleboyblues
Fletch
Sweet E
BIg Al
capnwoodrow
Monkey
Wildeyedjester
bdix
big_d
ares
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner

Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime26th May 2011, 9:18 am

Jeremy,
I got your list, but do not show your payment. Did you send it by paypal? If so you might want to check on it, because I am not showing it on the 20th.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime26th May 2011, 1:26 pm

Jeremy,
I have your payment. Helps if you set the right parameters to you search.
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime26th May 2011, 9:25 pm

Is there an updated list of players and their armies? Be interesting to see who and what is coming.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime27th May 2011, 12:32 pm

Its on the web page. I think that I have everyone but one on there.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime27th May 2011, 5:17 pm

http://tshirtexplosiongaming.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/4481937-roll-call?page=last
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime27th May 2011, 6:07 pm

I know you're probably still updating it, but i'm bringing CSM and I paid you last saturday when I was in the store.

Bought a figure and entrance fee.

Just wanted to make sure.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime27th May 2011, 7:02 pm

if i can scrape up enough pts in my space marines i would like to play(or if someone would lend me one of their armies) Surprised
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime28th May 2011, 2:48 am

I will GLADLY lend you my Tau!
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime28th May 2011, 8:13 am

Cool, I dont really know how to play 40k but everyone says this is the best way to learn how to play Smile
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime28th May 2011, 9:01 am

Trying to look out for you here and this is just my opinion. Not sure that a 2000 tournament of this magnitude is the best forum for someone to learn how to play. For me, the best way to learn is a casual game where you can take your time and really slow the game down into it's components and talk about the game mechanics and what each unit can do. These games will have time limits. If you want to finish a game, you have to know the rules and your army. Otherwise you and your opponent may find it frustrating and not a good learning experience.

Not intending to rain on your parade. I just want to make sure you are aware of the expectations of tournament play.

Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime28th May 2011, 9:27 am

I concur, however, we have 2 weeks till the IDM. Let's get you an army, get you signed up, and get you playing.

Take BigAl's nids. Especially all the big forgeworld pieces.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime28th May 2011, 11:17 am

I dont necessarily agree. You should play, but realize that it will be a learning experience. If the matching system is swiss, by game three you are playing players of a similar skill level. If you are playing i would ask Brian to purposefully pair you against the ringer in round 1 if there is one.

However, you should not play if you have not first Completely read the rules a couple of times. You also need to get some games in this week and next. Dont come to a tournament if it will be the first time for you to ever play. In that case it would be better to come, find a table to sit at for a whole game and watch someone play. Im sure dannato would love to teach you as he played.

If you Come to warpig im also sure big d would teach you how to play
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime28th May 2011, 6:21 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
I dont necessarily agree. You should play, but realize that it will be a learning experience. If the matching system is swiss, by game three you are playing players of a similar skill level. If you are playing i would ask Brian to purposefully pair you against the ringer in round 1 if there is one.

However, you should not play if you have not first Completely read the rules a couple of times. You also need to get some games in this week and next. Dont come to a tournament if it will be the first time for you to ever play. In that case it would be better to come, find a table to sit at for a whole game and watch someone play. Im sure dannato would love to teach you as he played.

If you Come to warpig im also sure big d would teach you how to play

I second Dan teaching you as he plays.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 2:41 pm

Here's the schedule:
Friday

Casual Gaming at the store

12:00-11:00 or later????

Saturday

8:00-8:45 Registration & Set up

8:45-9:00  Tournament Kick Off

9:00-11:30  Game 1

11:30-12:45 Lunch

12:45-1:00 Paint Judging

1:00-3:30 Game 2

3:30-3:45 Short Break

3:45-6:15 Game 3

6:30-10:00 Open Gaming

Sunday

8:30-9:00 Setup

9:00-11:30 Game 4

11:30-12:45 Lunch

12:45-1:00 Setup

1:00-3:30  Game 5

3:30-4:00 Final Votes & Tallies

4:00-4:30  Awards

4:30-5:00 Clean Up

5:00-7:00 Store Open

Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 2:45 pm

So....

Who's joining us for breakfast Saturday at Denny's on 6th street MLk at 7:20 AM? Will, Alex and myself will be there.

Those of you with shirts - let's do black for day one. Day 2 well do bowling shirts for those who have em and black for those who don't.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 2:49 pm

I'll be at breakfast
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 4:29 pm

See you guys at Denny's
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 5:20 pm

Guys,
The schedule has changed slightly, the start times will stay the same, but we are pushing things back a bit to accomodate 2:45 time limits. I want to make sure everyone has enough time to play. Will still be getting done roughly the same time on Saturday. Will try to get the new schedule up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 5:36 pm

Does anybody have a second army they can lend me, i read through the book and i think i should b able to play a game if i can look through the book, or ask someone, when i am confused

Also if i can borrow someones second army, i would like to do some games to kinda get a better feel for the game, and the army
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 7:09 pm

I'll be at breakfast. We should come up with a Fayetteville food challenge for Big D that morning.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 7:14 pm

Sweet E wrote:
I'll be at breakfast. We should come up with a Fayetteville food challenge for Big D that morning.

1 foot tall pancake stack.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 8:09 pm

I'm in for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 8:55 pm

I am planning on coming to breakfast. Is that the denny's on the main street through fayetteville or is it somewhere else? I am not familiar with the street names in Fayetteville.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 9:17 pm

Cpt_Tiberius wrote:
I am planning on coming to breakfast. Is that the denny's on the main street through fayetteville or is it somewhere else? I am not familiar with the street names in Fayetteville.

It's the formerly known as 6th Street Denny's. Which is now called Martin Luther King. The exit like you are going to Farmington. Denny's is right there close to exit, by the Clarion. Really hard to miss. Unless of course you take the wrong exit.

I should be able to join you guys if there is room.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 9:46 pm

The more the merrier.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 10:52 pm

I'll be at breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime7th June 2011, 12:12 pm

someone say food?
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime7th June 2011, 5:50 pm

Friday
Casual Gaming at the store 12:00 til 11:00 or later????
Saturday
8:00-8:45 Registration & Set up
8:45-9:00 Tournament Kick Off
9:00-11:45 Game 1
11:45-12:45 Lunch
12:45-1:00 Paint Judging
1:00-3:45 Game 2
3:45-4:00 Short Break
4:00-6:45 Game 3
6:45-10:00 Open Gaming
Sunday
8:30-9:00 Setup
9:00-11:45 Game 4
11:45-12:45 Lunch
1:00-3:30 Game 5
3:30-4:20 Final Votes, Tallies & Awards
4:20-5:00 Clean Up
5:00-??? Store Open
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 4:51 pm

Do we happen to have an updated player/army list? I looked at the earlier link, but it seemed like it might be out of date. I wanted to know if there were any codices I needed to re-read besides Blood Angels and Grey Knights.
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 7:34 pm

Eldar! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day Massacre   Independence Day Massacre - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Independence Day Massacre
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next