Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Universal Fighting System, ccg

Go down 
+3
bdix
SandMarauder
Verminlord
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Universal Fighting System, ccg Empty
PostSubject: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime19th December 2010, 12:35 am

Have you ever played Street Fighter or SoulCaliber? Ever wondered what would happen if Ryu fought Cervantes? Well with this fast paced card game you can find out! The UFS game covers Street Fighter, Soulcaliber, King of Fighters, Darkstalkers, Samurai Showdown and Tekken, as well as ShadowWar and the soon to be released Red Horizon.

UFS is currently being distributed by Jasco Games and is also sponsored by Monster! energy drink.

I will be holding sanctioned events at CastleHouse Games on friday nights. With the next two fridays being Christmas Eve santa and New Years Eve drunken , January 7th would likely be the first tournament. Prizes awarded to the top 6.

I would like to demo this game to anyone that is interested, please either respond here or send me a pm.
Back to top Go down
SandMarauder
Squig with flatulence

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime19th December 2010, 1:59 pm

My sons and I would like to get into it again. We have free time monday-wednesday to come get a refresher and find out if we can use the cards we still have. Let me know
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime20th December 2010, 9:00 pm

I can meet up with you and your sons on Wednesday evening at CastleHouse.
How does 6:30pm sound? Will bring my demo decks and a regular deck if want to throw down.

I will hang around until 8:30 - 9pm if anyone else would like to drop by.

I will try to find out about the cards, but I may have to wait until they get me my scout number to be sure.
The latest set of Tournament Rules should be on the jascogames.com forum, the cards with errata and the handful of banned cards(mostly promos), should be at the end of said rules.

http://www.jascogames.com/rules

I still have a copy of the rules and errata that I will have with me.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime21st December 2010, 2:57 am

I may be interested. I am out of town until january 7th. Would love to get a demo sometime around then.
Back to top Go down
SandMarauder
Squig with flatulence

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime21st December 2010, 9:27 pm

Verminlord wrote:
I can meet up with you and your sons on Wednesday evening at CastleHouse.
How does 6:30pm sound? Will bring my demo decks and a regular deck if want to throw down.

I will hang around until 8:30 - 9pm if anyone else would like to drop by.

I will try to find out about the cards, but I may have to wait until they get me my scout number to be sure.
The latest set of Tournament Rules should be on the jascogames.com forum, the cards with errata and the handful of banned cards(mostly promos), should be at the end of said rules.

http://www.jascogames.com/rules

I still have a copy of the rules and errata that I will have with me.

I don't think the significant other would appreciate me being gone on anniversary night. I will shoot you a pm.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime22nd December 2010, 2:28 am

Not a problem. Just let me know when would be a good time.

bdix, get in touch when you get back in town so I can demo for you. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime5th January 2011, 9:54 pm

Well now that the holidays are over and things have returned to what passes as normal for me, I will be up at CastleHouse this Friday night with a couple of the UFS players. So stop by around 7pm or later for a demo. Or if you all ready know how to play, feel free to challenge one of us! Look forward to seeing you in the arena!
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime13th January 2011, 11:23 pm

Wow it is great to see that this game is still alive, I thought it was dead. I have a few thousand cards (probably the only person in Ft Smith that has any) and never get to play. Does it have constructed play? Looking for any cards? I am just excited that someone else knows about it haha!
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime14th January 2011, 7:43 pm

Yes it has constructed play. New set due next month, waiting on the date.
Still waiting to get my scout number from them. But I did send my application in right before Christmas and they have been out of the office for a while for the holidays and some convention somewhere. So I will post when I start having sanctioned events again.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime15th January 2011, 2:24 am

Is there a "standard" play? I have a ton of cards from a ton of sets but I think they are all 2009 and back.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime16th January 2011, 1:11 am

crossbonesx11 wrote:
Is there a "standard" play? I have a ton of cards from a ton of sets but I think they are all 2009 and back.

Standard would be the cards with the 4 or 5 star shuriken watermarks on them. Some of the older cards have been rereleased as promos that have the newer watermarks on them as well.

Should be a complete list at jascogames.com. Or try two-headeddragon.com for list, they used to be sight to go to for card info.
Back to top Go down
JavelinChimera
Grot Squig Herder
JavelinChimera

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 4:09 am

Hey guys, this is Josh. I've been basically keeping up with UFS in the off-season as it were, glad to see it coming back.

As I understand it, there are 3 main formats right now. They are:

Standard: Anything with a 5-point shuriken is legal. This includes Shadowar, Tekken 6, both SoulCalibur IV sets, and the upcoming Red Horizon, as well as a couple of reprints like Martial Arts Champion, Power of the Edge, Cursed Blood and a couple of others.

Extended: Anything with 4- or 5-point shuriken.

Legacy: Pretty much everything.

Keep in mind each format has it's own banned list, which can be found at the Jasco Games website pretty easily. Also for your reference is wiki.ufscentral.com

I've only played a few games over the past months, but Standard right now feels really good and Red Horizon looks like it's only going to make it better. Jasco Games has also recently introduced a new 3-Man Team game type which looks really fun, would like to try that out sometime.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 8:28 am

I probably have nothing standard, I might have some extended. I would probably need to relearn the game because I have not played in over a year, but I would love to try and come play when I can. Also, have never played competitive, have always have only ever played pretty strict theme decks. Having just played my first magic tournament in ~12 years this past weekend, I am getting back into competitive play and would love to with this too. I assume following the power source (is that what it is referred to?) you can put any cards in your deck as long as it is standard? Or are cards character specific? Please forgive me I have not looked at those cards in a year or so and it is 630 in the morning and I am about to go to the gym.
Back to top Go down
JavelinChimera
Grot Squig Herder
JavelinChimera

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 2:20 pm

The only real restriction on building a deck is that in order to keep playing cards on your turn, each one has to share at least one of the three symbols on it and with your character. This doesn't mean the whole deck has to be one symbol, for instance you could go with a fire and evil deck, playing all fire cards on one turn and then all evil cards on the next, or whatever.

If a card is actually character specific then it will mention it somewhere on the card itself. These are few and far between really, usually just ultra rares.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 7:28 pm

Glad to have you aboard Josh. Let's meet up at CastleHouse Games Friday and play some UFS. I will let Jason, Tyler and Nathan know. Might have one more as well.
Been looking through my cards and I don't have much 5 star stuff. So will most likely do extended tournaments until everyone gets up to date. I would like everyone that's wants to play to be able to play and not feel like they need to buy a bunch of cards to get back into it.
I was going to call about my number today, but had to work late, off tomorrow, so will call and ask about it.

crossbones, I have some demo decks to get refreshed with. If you are able, come and join us on Friday night. Also, with the upcoming pre release of Red Horizon, good jumping back on point. Everyone will be starting back up fresh with a new set.

On a downside though, no product to be had this point. We need to show we will support this game again and we can get some for purchase at CastleHouse. So if you want to buy some, make sure and ask for it and Chris should get some ordered. He wants to make sure we will buy it so it doesn't sit around. I think this a very reasonable request. Jasco seems like they really want this game to be a success and so far, the one time I talked to the Organized Play guy, things are looking good. Most definitely a more positive experience than FFG.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 8:51 pm

I will see what I can do about Friday. When is the prelease?
Back to top Go down
JavelinChimera
Grot Squig Herder
JavelinChimera

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 10:29 pm

crossbonesx11 wrote:
I will see what I can do about Friday. When is the prelease?

According to Jasco Games, the set finally has a firm release date now, February 11. They've said something about the week before being the prerelease, but we'll see as far as product making it to Castlehouse.

Extended you say? Ahhh, I'm going to have to make something, I haven't touched the 4-points in many months. That definitely gives me something to do at least :p

Edit: Oh, and I am bringing a friend on Friday too, so w00t and stuff.

Edit Edit: Everyone be sure to read up on the Extended bans and erratas at the Jasco site, there are a looot.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 1:20 am

I don't no how I missed the release date for the pre release. If it is on the weekend of 4,5,6...we will need to have it on Friday night because I'm pretty sure I am working that weekend. If I actually have a day shift we can do it Sat. evening. Will let you know if and when I work that weekend.
Also we don't need to be sanctioned to have the prerelease and get the goodies that come with it. It's all one big kit.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 2:00 pm

I'm pretty sure the weekend of February the 5th is not going to be available for Castle House Games. The facility will be full of Magic The Gathering players with the latest release event of Magic.

You can try holding a prerelease event for UFS, but we may have upwards of 60 MtG players on hand.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 3:20 pm

gamewizard wrote:
I'm pretty sure the weekend of February the 5th is not going to be available for Castle House Games. The facility will be full of Magic The Gathering players with the latest release event of Magic.

You can try holding a prerelease event for UFS, but we may have upwards of 60 MtG players on hand.

That was why I said we will most likely have it on friday the 4th. Not sure what I'm working that weekend at this point. However, if they don't get me my scout number in time to sanction it, we could also wait a week and just make it a release event and hold it on the following Friday or Saturday which would put in on either the 11th or 12th.

I would like to hold whenever we could get the most participation. We can take a vote on friday night when we meet up to play and decide at that time. If you would like to participate and won't be up at CastleHouse on friday, then please post here or send me a pm.

If there is a registration sheet to print off, I will do so after I get more ink and take it to CastleHouse. If either date is good for and you would like to pre-pay, please do so. It will be $25 and that gets you a Shadowar starter and 2 Red Horizon booster packs. Tournament format will be round robin, 60 min rounds, best 2/3 per round and the number of rounds will depend on the number of players. Count on at least 3 rounds. Normally you only get 30 mins to build your deck, but will increase this amount of time to 45min since we haven't really played in a while.

It turns out the Jasco website has some issues with Internet Explorer, this why some the windows where info should be were blank or had random characters in them. Firefox is what they recommend to view the site. Just a heads up. I will be posting the banned list here just to make it easier though.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 5:08 pm

Friday nights on Release weekends are always packed with Magic as well. We usually hold Draft events on those Friday nights and it is very popular. This new set is gathering a lot of excitement back in the game.

Just advising you ahead of time; some players despise the Magic community and refuse to mix with them. We have a lot of room at CHG but for some, the entire state is not room enough to mix with MtG players.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 5:10 pm

I have a box loaded with older UFS sets, if anybody is interested in SC III and other sets let me know. I even have unopened boxes of some sets.

I am sure I can make some kind of deal that will satisfy both gamer and shop owner.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 6:50 pm

gamewizard wrote:
I have a box loaded with older UFS sets, if anybody is interested in SC III and other sets let me know. I even have unopened boxes of some sets.

I am sure I can make some kind of deal that will satisfy both gamer and shop owner.

Absolutely. Maybe I can set up some sealed events to help move it as well.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime19th January 2011, 9:58 pm

Verminlord wrote:

That would be excellent!
Back to top Go down
JavelinChimera
Grot Squig Herder
JavelinChimera

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime21st January 2011, 12:40 am

Verminlord wrote:

Yeah, that would be sweet-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal Fighting System, ccg   Universal Fighting System, ccg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universal Fighting System, ccg
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next