Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Norse Warband, Take 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

Norse Warband, Take 1 Empty
PostSubject: Norse Warband, Take 1   Norse Warband, Take 1 Icon_minitime12th December 2010, 6:51 pm

What are the chances I can get away with using space wolf models as norsemen? Smile

Norse List - 500 gC

Jarl @ 80 gC
-Shield
-Axe
-20 Exp

Wulfen @ 90 gC
-cause fear
-immune to psychology
-11 Exp

Berserker @ 65 gC
-Sword
-Axe
-Frenzy
-11 Exp

Berserker @ 65 gC
-sword
-axe
-frenzy
-11 Exp

Bondsmen @ 25 gC
-axe
-shield

Bondsmen @ 25 gC
-axe
-shield

hunter @ 35 gC
-Bow
-free dagger

hunter @ 35 gC
-Bow
-free dagger

marauder @ 35 gC
-Axe
-Shield
-free dagger

Wolf @ 15 gC

Wolf @ 15 gC

Wolf @ 15 gC

total = 500 gC

*note, the roster may be illegal with one too many heroes. I remember reading somewhere about only allowing a max of 5, but can't for the life of me find it. If someone knows for sure, let me know and i'll cut one of the heroes out and change up the warband a bit
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Norse Warband, Take 1   Norse Warband, Take 1 Icon_minitime12th December 2010, 7:02 pm

Norse have a hero max of 5. It depends on individual warband.

As far as using space wolfs, I think you could probably mix a box of them and a box of chaos marauders for good effect.

Edited for my wrong interpretation......

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 15th December 2010, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: Norse Warband, Take 1   Norse Warband, Take 1 Icon_minitime12th December 2010, 7:08 pm

cool, I'm looking at having to stay as low budget as possible at the moment, and I happen to have a space wolf battleforce sitting here, and so I thought i'd magnet them up so that I can get them as close to wysiwyg as possible. how much would a pack of marauders probably run me?
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: Norse Warband, Take 1   Norse Warband, Take 1 Icon_minitime15th December 2010, 2:28 pm

a question on the norse racial maximums, it says in the warband description that all norse are human and therefore have the human racial max stats. this is true for the most part, but questions arise when dealing with the wulfen hero. He already has more than the racial max on move speed, and cannot have a ballistic skill. looking at the table of racial maximums, it seemed more appropriate that he use the set for "the possessed" as it makes more sense both with his starting stats, and with the fluff of the hero type. I'm not sure if interpreting this RAI or using the human stats RAW is ok in this situation
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Norse Warband, Take 1   Norse Warband, Take 1 Icon_minitime15th December 2010, 6:53 pm

Did a bit more research on Norse. You can only have 5 heroes. If you look under the Norse 'choice of warriors' at the beginning of the war band list, it says you may take wulfen instead of a Beserker or bondsmen. So it eats a slot.

That said I think it fair that he plays as a possessed.

FYI to everyone I will be ruling on things like this, and playing but will not be elgible to win..... I will even pay the $5 entry fee though I can't get the prize Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norse Warband, Take 1   Norse Warband, Take 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Norse Warband, Take 1
Page 1 of 1