Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Results and Drama

Go down 
+5
Fletch
Turducken
big_d
Verminlord
littleboyblues
9 posters
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 4:22 pm

http://thebigwaaagh.com/index.php?topic=92.msg504#msg504

Results and Drama for your viewing pleasure!

Congrats to Matt and Big D for doing so well!

And damn you Crosseyedjester! If I hadn't thrown game 4 I could have gotten a 20 as opponent and his list were rather light. (I had to try and lose) Game 5 would have been a 50/50 shot. That 20 points even before game 5 would have put me in the top 10 lol. Oh well we had a nice appathetic game to relax before the drive back. Wink
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 7:46 pm

Daemonhunters represent!!! afro And above any of the undeserving Chaos spawn. If only the Sisters strived for perfection, then they might be worthy to be in the Daemonhunters when it comes out. Laughing
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 11:56 pm

Drama no doubt! Have you seen what they did to Steve? They gave him a zero in painting. Steve didn't paint two of his tanks and manned up and admitted it (don't even really know how it came up - no one asked me if I painted all my stuff) and they gave him a zero.

I don't think they handled that well at all. From the results on the forums over at The Big Waaagh it looks like most people agree it wasn't handled very well.

They also dinged you (littleboyblues) ten points on painting. I just posted over there asking what you could have done to cinch those last ten points cuz I am at a loss on that one. When we were looking at it we figured they had it out of 40 points but then in the posting Clay (the painting judge apparently) comes out and says that it was out of fifty but that he didn't think any of the armies there deserved a fifty. A crock if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:01 am

How on earth could they have dropped that many points? I've seen pictures of his army, and 40k radio even gave it top marks about painting in their podcast@

I personally think it is one of the best painted armies I have ever seen.

Looks like you guys had a pretty good time, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:31 am

Well im solving my issues with it by not going to play in it next year. Too much went wrong for this being the second year and while I dont i think i should have gotten close to top paint a 13/50 is pretty low even more my not so good painting IMO.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:35 am

Sounds like the painting judge was pretty harsh on everyone. How did he get the job?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:37 am

Well, I pretty much agreed 100% on what Jeremy posted with the criticisms. I don't think I have the best painted army ever. I've seen some stuff that makes my army look dog ass ugly. However almost every gt or tournament on the planet would do a curve system take best painted give it full marks then go down from there. And to come out and say you were not impressed by the painting there is flat out Jerkish! (edited) (also they might have had better work their if they didn't have 56 no shows for lack of communication on their part) That's disrespectfully to the 5 gamers from my local scene that painted their armies and put a lot of work into their armies just for this tournament. It's disrespectful to everyone there that took the time to paint up an army. Then to say you judged light... so everyone there got higher marks than they should have. I had fun all 5 games had max sport and best painted (rides the soft score train) but after the tournament was over after analyzing what went wrong and hearing some of the stuff being said by the HAWGS, I must say I'm less than impressed. I've heard some bad things about that greenblowfly guy, However all hearsay, But I 100% think he got screwed. I know of 2 players that borrowed armies and got mid range paint or borrowed units so it would be painted they didn't get questioned or zeroed. CAWS was not at all impressed with the way the 40k side was running either... and that is a big deal as HAWGS basically jumped on the train with the hillbilly already built up and in full swing. A lot of things went badly (imo) but the way their acting after the fact is not going to be bringing back players. I will not play in this, and 3 other of us are playing fantasy next year. (and thats sad as I've waited a year for this) I can't help but feel their biting the hand that's feeding them.

my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:49 am

What kills me, too, is that they are not the least bit apologetic about anything. You've got them shaming the people who no showed, but they won't admit they caused any of that single problem.

Everyone has pretty much figured out that a select few of them were mostly to blame for most of the shenanigans and I feel bad for Donovan and the other couple that are good guys and know what they are doing.

I'm just saying its good that I was not a part of the organization, I guess, or I would have thrown a few people 'under the bus' - but then I'm not known for holding in my opinions in either. It might have been sorry that I posted what I did on their forum, and some might call me a bit of an arsehole for speaking out, but at least I will call them like I see them.....

I almost toyed with posting a poll on their site:
a. The Waaagh is the best tournament in the nation!
b. I think the Waaagh improved this year
c. I think the Waaagh stayed about the same last year
d. The Waaagh went downhill this year.
e. I won't be back
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:05 am

LOL!!!! @ the poll! I'd Vote!
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:31 am

should put a ill be playing fantasy next year..
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:43 am

Well, if every CAWS player is pulling out of the Big Waagh...

is the Battle on Beale moving back to Little Rock?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:47 am

no comment
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 8:26 am

As someone who was/is excited about going to the WAAAGH!! next year, i'm kind of suprised about what i'm seeing over there.

I guess if they keep everyone in the dark for 2 weeks then they feel like they need to make up for it by being unapologetic about their unclear rules.

Everyone seems to have the same general feedback: Great event but I was really upset about A,B,C,D,E,F, etc.

I kind of want to email a picture of my army to their judge to see what I would get on paint...
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 11:17 am

I have no horse in this particular race, and yet I keep getting upset by their attitude in that thread. They keep going on about looking forward and improving next years event, but they seem to miss the point that no one is interested in looking forward until they own up to, and fix, their mistakes from this year. Until that happens it seems that many people are 'looking forward' to not attending next year.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 11:54 am

You hit the nail on the head - perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:35 pm

I should also say that I am hopeful that there will be a Waaagh in Memphis again next year with combined Hillbilly and Redneck Rampage.

I am willing to bet with the flack they have caught they will be more on top of things next year. They seemed overly confident and more than willing to rest on their laurels this year, which ended up biting them. If they can pull off a tournament for next year, I would bet it would rival or better the first Waaagh since they are certainly looking to improve.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 8:03 pm

Did the CAWS guys run this event? They come up to Sooiepalooza and have always been great competitors. Just surprised to hear all the unprofessional comments about them.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 10:43 pm

The CAWS guys are rock solid hard core uber cool guys who run the Fantasy side. A bunch of them you can find over at the Moonshine boyz forum from the links on our blog. The Fantasy side was well run, as usual, and very organized. We look forward to the folks from CAWS coming up to Patriot Games. We have a bit of a friendly rivalry in the making with this being our third tournament together.

It is actually the HAWGS (Hunstville Alabama Wargaming Society) guys that ran the 40k side and dropped the proverbial ball this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Results and Drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Drama   Results and Drama Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results and Drama
Page 1 of 1