Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malifaux Painting Contest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Malifaux Painting Contest Empty
PostSubject: Malifaux Painting Contest   Malifaux Painting Contest Icon_minitime23rd September 2010, 3:16 pm

Wyrd Miniatures is hosting a Halloween painting contest - http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15428

Pretty excited about this - you can enter any miniature you want - I have a couple of Reaper miniatures that I have been sitting on for a while that will fit the bill for this contest.

With the Halloween and Harvest season right around the corner, it is once again time to kick things off with, to date, our most popular contest, The Rotten Harvest!

Round about the paint pot go. On the palette throw
royal blue and blood red. Forty-seven Days of Dread;
Double, double toil and trouble; 
Fire burn, and paint pot bubble.

The contest will run from September 15th through October 31st and during that time competition entries can be submitted. At the close of the contest, voting will commence for one week where you will be allowed to vote anonymously through the Wyrd forum software as well as leave comments and critique which we have found our previous entrants have greatly enjoyed. After the voting, announcements will be made and prizes sent to the winners, along with the random prizes that we give away with every contest.
The specific rules for the contest can be found on the Wyrd Miniatures website on the forums under 'Wyrd Painting Contest: Rules and Information'. I would really like to stress folks to read the rules, as folks tend to miss them for some reason and they end up misunderstanding the contest, the theme or disqualify themselves.
Due to the sheer number of people that have entered unedited photographs in the past we will no longer do any editing for you. There are many free photo resizing programs out there. Wyrd staff will attempt to notify anyone who's pictures were deleted due to size or for any reason, but can not guarantee notification.
The categories for the contest are:
Witches and Warlocks Spellcasters of all sorts, from high fantasy, modern day dabbler to the far sci-fi future. If they carry a wand, cast a spell or even have a hint of mysticism to them, this is the category for them.
Not Quite Dead Yet Still stumbling around after all the major organ functions have shut down? Have a beef with the living? This category is for the Undead, or as they like to be called 'Living Impaired'.
Things that go Bump in the Night Creatures, critters, monsters and other things that have a tendency towards anti-social behavior and prowl the night looking for victims. Caution, here be Monsters!
The Trick or the Treat This is our catch-all category as there are some miniatures that are just right for the theme but just don't seem to fall into any other category. Zombie Hunters, pumpkin characters and I'm sure several miniatures I never would have even contemplated.
The Harrowing Harvest A diorama with two or more miniatures locked in combat, or something as equally disturbing.
Wyrd Miniatures will be supplying prizes and gift certificates for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of each category, except for Best of Show and Best Base or Diorama as that category has only the one winner. We'll also be offering a 'Best of Wyrd' manufacturers prize for the best Wyrd Miniatures entry, which is a $100USD gift certificate on top of any other prizes or categories you may win.
News Type:
Contests
Start Date:
September 15, 2010
End Date:
October 31, 2010

Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Painting Contest   Malifaux Painting Contest Icon_minitime23rd September 2010, 8:34 pm

I think I'm going to enter. I've been waiting for something cool to paint. Now to choose what TO paint....
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Painting Contest   Malifaux Painting Contest Icon_minitime25th September 2010, 1:21 am

So I've decided to enter the monster category with a nightmare sequence. I'll keep you posted on my progress
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Painting Contest   Malifaux Painting Contest Icon_minitime4th October 2010, 8:19 pm

Sorry to be the third consecutive post in this thread, but it needs a seperate post.

I just finished my entry, but I need someone who has experience with taking pictures of minis to help me. I have no idea what I am doing here!

EDIT: I need someone with a camera to take a picture of my entry. I will give 10% of whatever the winnings are to you if I win.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Painting Contest   Malifaux Painting Contest Icon_minitime21st October 2010, 1:33 am

Well, I submitted my entry tonight. I don't think anything will be displayed until the 31st, and I dont think I am able to post anything about which one is mine until the contest is over. I'll post a link post contest I guess....
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Painting Contest   Malifaux Painting Contest Icon_minitime1st November 2010, 11:10 pm

http://wyrd-games.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=622

The entries are posted now. Mine is in the Harrowing Harvest. It looks pretty terrible the way I took the pictures though.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Painting Contest   Malifaux Painting Contest Icon_minitime2nd November 2010, 11:18 am

Got mine posted up there too. It is in the witches and warlocks category. Mine is a bit weak compared to the others, but I am hoping it will finish in the top half.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Painting Contest   Malifaux Painting Contest Icon_minitime2nd November 2010, 3:52 pm

Let me know how you did once the judging has commenced.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Painting Contest   Malifaux Painting Contest Icon_minitime2nd November 2010, 10:29 pm

Good luck to both of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Painting Contest   Malifaux Painting Contest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malifaux Painting Contest
Page 1 of 1