Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kingdom Death Painting Contest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Kingdom Death Painting Contest Empty
PostSubject: Kingdom Death Painting Contest   Kingdom Death Painting Contest Icon_minitime4th October 2010, 11:34 am

Kingdom Death is having a painting contest. You can check out the details here - http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?4203-Kingdom-Death-Painting-Contest - I just might have to paint up my Gorm model for this.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Death Painting Contest   Kingdom Death Painting Contest Icon_minitime4th October 2010, 7:42 pm

I was wondering where your Gorm came from. What an odd mini website... I think I'm sold on the Forsaker!
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Death Painting Contest   Kingdom Death Painting Contest Icon_minitime5th October 2010, 7:15 pm

These are great minis, very fragile tho. They are made out of a light resin, very similar to plastic but brittle.

I have all of the minis in print except the Gorm. I started painting the one pinup warrior but the hilt of her sword broke off. I glued it back but it again came off. Going to try to bits a Reaper or GW sword hilt instead, at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Death Painting Contest   Kingdom Death Painting Contest Icon_minitime5th October 2010, 9:14 pm

Yeah, these models are really fragile. I haven't broken anything yet, but the Gorm has some really thin pieces that I am afraid of.

Like Gamewizard said it is a very brittle resin - I haven't messed with anything like it before. The Gorm has needed a LOT of work on it - it is such a big model that there are lots of mold lines. I'm going to have to do some serious gap filling and some minor hole patching too. This is turning into quite a project - definitely wouldn't suggest it to a beginner (the resin Ultraforge model that I put together last weekend was a breeze - especially for resin.)
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Death Painting Contest   Kingdom Death Painting Contest Icon_minitime5th October 2010, 11:47 pm

I didn't have the problem you have on the Gorm, Big_D. The minis I have are beautifully detailed, detail as you can only get on a resin piece. I have no issues with seam lines or fitting. Just fragility.

I don't see myself gaming with these pieces. I'd love to; but they are a little big (I believe they are 32mm), and one swell foop with a fat old man's clumsy hand might very well damage one of these pieces irreparably.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Death Painting Contest   Kingdom Death Painting Contest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Death Painting Contest
Page 1 of 1