Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about picking up some dwarfs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

Thinking about picking up some dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about picking up some dwarfs   Thinking about picking up some dwarfs Icon_minitime10th September 2010, 12:22 am

I keep looking at mantics site and thinking I want to get some stunties. So I'm thinking I might pick up the "Baldr's Armoured Battalion" for $180. I dont think there is much customizing in their lines (weapon wise i mean) but I figure with their core rules coming out and the fact that I can also run them in fantasy might be worth the investment. Anyway here is the list that comes in the box.

1 Dwarf King's Council (for fantasy it'd be a dwarf lord, ASB, dragon/demon slayer, and a runelord)
10 Dwarf Berserkers
100 Dwarf Ironclad Warriors
40 Dwarf Ironwatch Riflemen/Crossbowmen
4 Dwarf Ironbelcher Cannons

When i put this into army builder it comes up to just over 2k with no upgrades/magic weapons so I think it might be worth it, and as i get more games of fantasy in I can get GW models to trade out / add to.

Last edited by Haren on 10th September 2010, 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Reading a review of the ironclads and it says they can be run 1h & sheild or Great weapon)
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up some dwarfs   Thinking about picking up some dwarfs Icon_minitime10th September 2010, 8:09 am

i have some dwarves if u want them
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up some dwarfs   Thinking about picking up some dwarfs Icon_minitime10th September 2010, 10:37 am

I don't have the Dwarf book, but you want to make sure the Ironclad Warriors don't look like Iron Breakers, which I believe you can only have one unit of.

Also you will want to consider Hammerers. Good unit with the Dwarf Lord.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up some dwarfs   Thinking about picking up some dwarfs Icon_minitime11th September 2010, 12:09 pm

The ironclad come w/ handweapon and a shield, so you can use them as your core warrior choice without any problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up some dwarfs   Thinking about picking up some dwarfs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about picking up some dwarfs
Page 1 of 1