Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dawn of War/Blood Ravens

Go down 
+2
capnwoodrow
Verminlord
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Dawn of War/Blood Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Dawn of War/Blood Ravens   Dawn of War/Blood Ravens Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 6:27 pm

Being a huge fan of the games, I would really like to build a Blood Ravens List. My main concern is that opposing players will think they are fighting Blood Angels. From the research I have done and am continuing(reading the Dawn of War Omnibus), I have concluded that they are not an offshoot of Blood Angels like I thought originally. So with minimul conversion I can do this, but don't want to confuse anyone.

Am I worrying over nothing?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War/Blood Ravens   Dawn of War/Blood Ravens Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 6:30 pm

Like with anything else - just be clear.

Most BA players have Baal predators and a big black rhino filled up with their Death Co and a Furioso or two, so without any of that on the board you won't "look" like a blood angels player.

Combine that with the fact that almost all BA players run the named HQs - you should be fine. At worst, BA are still marines, so they should be prepped for a 4 stat line and a 3+ save.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War/Blood Ravens   Dawn of War/Blood Ravens Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 7:05 pm

I'm just getting to know some of the players around here, but based on my experiences elsewhere I'd think you have nothing to worry about. It's not like there are a lot of people playing 40K that are unfamiliar with the Blood Ravens, and you certainly wouldn't be the first to do an army of them.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War/Blood Ravens   Dawn of War/Blood Ravens Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 8:22 pm

They're space marines. They can be dark angels, blood angels, space wolfs, codex marines, or black templars and still be the same army.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War/Blood Ravens   Dawn of War/Blood Ravens Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 10:07 pm

I would paint them in blood raven colors, but use a different chapter name and symbol/icon. Then you could use marine lists now, and then use the blood angels list when it comes out and trumps vanilla marines on nastiness. Even better, throw in symbols and upgrade sprue from dark angels but keep red, and then you can do the same again when the angels list comes out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War/Blood Ravens   Dawn of War/Blood Ravens Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 10:29 pm

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2008/06/blood-ravens-logo-sheet.html

You can also use these. Nifty!
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War/Blood Ravens   Dawn of War/Blood Ravens Icon_minitime26th July 2009, 4:52 am

Blood ravens are Librarian heavy right?

Blood ravens are actually codex marines divergent off of the ultras. Cuz their red and have the word blood your opponenet should understand what they are anyway. The other comments is what I did made my own chapter and run them as what ever I want or flavor of the week I feel. If my beloved dark angels ever get a good update in 5 years or so I'll return to my first 40k lover. The 75 Termies waiting to be unleashed other than apoc would be greatful.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War/Blood Ravens   Dawn of War/Blood Ravens Icon_minitime27th July 2009, 11:41 pm

Since I do own some of the older BA models, I like the duality aspect. I think I will start fielding this as allies in my DH army. Just have to take an Inquisitor Lord w/retinue, 2 Inducted IG units and fill the rest out with the Space Marines I have accumulated over the years. Just need to add some vehicles. Easy way to sneak that LR variant for and apocalypse game in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War/Blood Ravens   Dawn of War/Blood Ravens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dawn of War/Blood Ravens
Page 1 of 1