Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malifaux Escalation League

Go down 
+3
Wildeyedjester
Haren
capnwoodrow
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Malifaux Escalation League Empty
PostSubject: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime25th August 2010, 8:22 pm

I'm just gauging interest for this. I'd set a tentative start date for the first week of Nov. That gives everyone through Halloween to get their first box in.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime25th August 2010, 8:31 pm

As i mentioned in the other thread I'm game.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime25th August 2010, 11:02 pm

I'm most likely down
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime25th August 2010, 11:56 pm

count me in...this will give me a new game to piddle with
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime26th August 2010, 6:00 pm

I'll probably go for something with more of a campaign type feel (each faction going for land grabs) and less of the structured scenario work since the crews/base game come with so many schemes and plots.

Nothing fancy, just a chance to encourage everyone to assemble, paint, and play.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime26th August 2010, 7:44 pm

book 2 has a lot more missions so it would work better some missions are even coop
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime31st August 2010, 2:22 am

Since I won't be having to buy much WHFB for a little while I'd probably take part. Now is it any box set that you can use as a starter, or only the ones with the Crew moniker on the site?
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime31st August 2010, 7:47 am

If your looking at their online store, then all the boxes under "Malifaux - Box Sets." All the boxes like those are called crews because they include a master and a few minions.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime31st August 2010, 10:37 am

That being the case, count me in... I'm looking at the Viktorias Merc box.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime4th September 2010, 9:19 am

Ok, so far it looks we have:

-capnwoodrow
-dannato
-haren
-big_d
-wildeyedjester
-guvyerlord3
-phantomphoenix
-monkey*

These are the people i've actually seen with crew boxes in hand/played a game. I know monkey has his starting crew, but I don't know if he's playing in the league.

Since I don't get down to CHG much, I don't know who all down there has their boxes yet.

The overall league will probably run for 6 - 8 wks. I know big_d is talking about running a Malifaux event in the future and 35 points is considered the standard for tournies so the league will probably run 25/30/35 over the course.

Last edited by capnwoodrow on 4th September 2010, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
guyverlord3
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
guyverlord3

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime4th September 2010, 10:02 am

I would love to play since I got my crew last night. Can't wait to see what teddy painted and see what he can do. The only thing is I work Fri-Sun so I would only be able to play Mon - Thur. So if that cna be worked in I would love to play
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevenlykins.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime4th September 2010, 10:13 am

I've played a rough proxy game with haren, but will be picking up the actual box in the next couple days.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime4th September 2010, 3:11 pm

I plan on getting my box as soon as its in...it may be in right now at War Pig, but today is the first Razorback game and I dont see myself getting out into that terrible traffic before the game.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime4th September 2010, 11:28 pm

Did any of you play fantasy years and years ago when there was a league setup that had each person generate '3' unique territories? Each territory gave you an edge, like a couple of points, access to a unit or etc. Each game you played, you staked a territory you controlled, your opponent did the same, and a third territory was generated. The winner of the game took 2 of the three. You could keep like any 8 territories at once. There was never a map involved. You just recorded your holdings. It was a lot of fun and was easy to play - I thought something like that might work pretty well with Malifaux.

You could start all gangs at 25 points, and then let territories give things like an extra cached soul stone, access to hire a merc, access to an extra 1-4 points to buy crews, and etc. I'm sure if you poke around you can find the chart online that showed what all the territories were.
Back to top Go down
guyverlord3
guyverlord3

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 1:17 am

planing to paint at least 3 models this week
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevenlykins.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 8:14 am

Wildeyedjester wrote:

You could start all gangs at 25 points, and then let territories give things like an extra cached soul stone, access to hire a merc, access to an extra 1-4 points to buy crews, and etc. I'm sure if you poke around you can find the chart online that showed what all the territories were.

I'll look for that. It's kind of similar to what I had planned out. Just static territories that were scored each week and whichever faction had the highest averaged score on a territory 'won' it for the next week.

Thanks for the heads up on those rules.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 9:30 am

Roll a D66 and consult the table below. When generating your first three territories, you may discard any that confer no advantage (e.g. Dwarfs getting a wizard). You cannot choose a Spy Ring as one of your first 3 Territories, although if you role one you may have it.

11-12
Wizards Tower
+1 Wizard

13-14
Stone Circle
You may choose future Territories instead of dicing.

Shrine
You may take a BSB

Ruins
+D3 magic items. The total points for magic items increases by 2D6 x 10 Points

21-24
Village
+1 Special, so you can take all three.

25-32
Sacred Relic
D6 x 10 Stakeable

33-34
Town
+1 Character (not a wizard, not a BSB)

35-43
Road
+25 points

44-45
River
+D6 x 10 points

51-52
Bridge
+2D6 x 10 Points

53-54
Silver Mine
+1 magic item worth 50 points

Mountain Pass
+3D6 x 10 Points

Mountains
+2 monsters. Allows skirmishers.

61-65
Forest
+2 war machines. Allows skirmishers.

Spy Ring
You have a Spy Ring. Re-roll for another Territory.

Spy Ring

You can only have one Spy Ring at a time.

Before each game roll a D6 and apply the following:

1. Spy uncovered. Your spy is captured and killed, but not before he/she has revealed the details of your network. Your spy ring is destroyed.

2. Steals Maps. Your spy has revealed all troop movements and details of undefended Territories. If you win the game, you may swap your opponent’s staked Territory for one you select. NB Not the Capital.

3. Assassin. A conspirator attempts to kill an enemy character. Before the game, pick an enemy character and roll the dice, with -1 to the roll if the character is the enemy general. 1-2 your assassin is discovered and killed. 3-6 the assassin delivers D3 automatic hits against the character at S6. Take armour and ward saves as normal. If killed, the character plays no part in the game. If the character survives, it starts the game with the number of wounds left after the attack.

4. Sabotage. Choose either an enemy mounted unit (note – not a monster) or an enemy war machine. Mounted Unit: Roll a D6 for every mounted model. On a ‘6’ the mounted model must fight on foot – add a single figure to an infantry unit at no more cost than the mounted model. The original unit may still be fielded, even if smaller than the normal minimum size. War Machine: Roll a D6. On a ‘6’ the war machine takes no part in the battle.

5. Bribery. You have bribed an enemy unit leader who has a grudge against his general. Nominate one enemy unit. At the start of each turn, roll a D6. On a ‘1’ (or ‘1’ or ‘2’ for skirmishing units) the unit will not move or shoot that turn. If already engaged in combat, the unit will fight normally.

6. Poison. One of your agents has poisoned a well or water source near the enemy camp. It will take some time for the effects of the poison to wear off. On the first turn, every enemy unit must roll a D6. On a ‘1’ it will not move or shoot. After the first turn it has no effect.

Stakeable

If you stake this Territory for a battle and win the battle, your Sacred Relic has grown in power. Add D6 x 10 points to its value.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 5:02 pm

So here would be one for Malifaux (I got bored).

Play would be as standard using scenarios and strategies from the 2 rulebooks. Crews would start at 30 soul stone points and remain at that level until a player had gained territories giving them more. Each player would have a starting hand of 6 cards unless modified. Each player would only be able to hire mercenary units from their own factions unless unlocked via territories.

A player would always have a minimum of three territories.

Prior to each game, the players each stake a territory that they already control. Then they generate a 3rd. Whomever wins the battle gains their choice of 2 of the three. The remaining territory goes to the loser.

A player can have a maximum of 10 territories, and they may never have more than 3 of any one type. Any territory marked with a * is a maximum of one per player. Territories and their affects stack unless otherwise noted.

So, here are some adjusted territories for Malifaux.

11, 12
*Wizards Tower
One Extra Control Card in Your Hand

13-14
Map Makers Shop
During Terrain Setup you draw an extra card and choose between them during each step

Scryer's Pool
Once per game you may cause an opponent to discard a random control card

Mine
gain d3 extra soul stone to your cache each game (may not be spent on models). Generate this randomly before the first turn.

21-22
village block
Increase your soul stone spending cap by 3

23-26
Town Homes
Increase your soul stone spending cap by 2

31-36
City Proper
Increase your soul stone spending cap by 1

41-43
Barracks
You may hire 1 mercenary from a faction other than your own. You must still pay for it normally.

44-46
Sewer Network
You may deploy one model up to 6" outside your deployment zone

51-52
Generator
You may draw one extra card, then choose the card of those drawn, to see if the battle ends.

53-54
Blind ambush Alleys
If your opponent has a larger crew than you (larger soulstone spending cap), you may pick one of their minion models costing 4 or less points that may not take part in the fight

55-56
Guild Offices
You may generate an extra scenario and choose between them at games beginning

61-62
Armory
your master gains armor 1

63-64
Storage Pantry
your master gains +1 wound

Arcane Potion
Your master may use the following ability once per game
(0) make a healing flip with no associated soul stone cost

Spy Ring
You have a Spy Ring.

Spy Ring

You can only have one Spy Ring at a time.
Before each game roll a D6 and apply the following:

1. Spy uncovered. Your spy is captured and killed, but not before he/she has revealed the details of your network. Your spy ring is destroyed.

2. Steals Maps. Your spy has revealed all troop movements and details of undefended Territories. If you win the game, you may swap your opponent’s staked Territory for one you select. NB Not the Capital.

3. Assassin. A conspirator attempts to kill an enemy character. Before the game, pick an enemy master and launch a melee attack that does 2/4/6 damage to the master. This is done before control cards are drawn. Soulstones may be spent by the defending master. Any wounds caused are noted for the beginning of the game.

4. Sabotage. The enemy must reveal their selected strategies prior to the beginning of the game.

5. Bribery. You have bribed an enemy minion who has a grudge against his master. Nominate one enemy minion unit. At the start of each turn, roll a D6. On a ‘1’ (or ‘1’ or ‘2’ for skirmishing units) the unit will not move or shoot that turn. If already engaged in combat, the unit will fight normally.

6. Poison. One of your agents has poisoned a well or water source near the enemy camp. It will take some time for the effects of the poison to wear off. On the first turn, every enemy model must deduct 2 from both their w/ch. After the first turn it has no effect.

Use it if you want or modify as you see fit.

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 5:53 pm

that sounds pretty cool. When do yall plan on starting?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 6:43 pm

Oh, ok.

Yeah, we can just use those then. Does that mean you're running the league?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 7:11 pm

[redacted]

Last edited by capnwoodrow on 5th September 2010, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 9:50 pm

Nope I don't have time to run something until November. Wasn't trying to step on toes. Was just sharing an idea. Malifaux league is your baby. Use my idea if you like it..... Or don't. It won't hurt my feelings Smile
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 10:16 pm

Rules look good to me.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 11:07 pm

Sounds like there are two votes for your rules already, so...yeah.

Just a reminder, i'll try and get this started up Nov 1.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime5th September 2010, 11:49 pm

I managed to grab your rules before you hid them Capn, and I've got to say that while I like the variety of Jester's territories, I really like the interaction between the territories and games in your system. Instead of just, for lack of a better analogy, betting territories and then fighting elsewhere, these scraps are fought in the bog for the bog, or at the mine for the mine while using the mine Razz.

The one thing I'm not sure with in your system is how controlling those territories work when potentially 8 different games could happen and all players pick the Ruins, just for example. would the winners of all 8 games then count as controlling the ruins? That being the case, how would later rounds work with them both controlling the same area?

If Jester's rules are to be finalized though, I do have to state a bit of worry about the assassin. With a severe damage of 6, it's entirely possible for that to permanently cripple a crew. One example is with the Viktorias, both models are Master but only have 7 Wds a piece, that 6 hit would drop one of them to near uselessness. In this example in order for 1 Vik to be effective you really need both Viks.

Last edited by PhantomPhoenix on 5th September 2010, 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There are no armies here >_> <_<)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malifaux Escalation League   Malifaux Escalation League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malifaux Escalation League
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next