Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's talk Fantasy

Go down 
+2
Wildeyedjester
Verminlord
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 5:38 pm

Being the dirty rat I am I couldn't resist being the first one to post here.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, I really like the Skaven. They were my first army and have had some really great games with them. I so wish I could play them in Warhammer Online. Also known as the Hruud in 40k. Heard rumours they infested some Eldar Craftworldships. Would be so stoked if GW would make them for 40k.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 9:39 am

You are waiting with eager clawed little fingers, then, for their upcoming codex? What do think will change with the new edition?

I no longer play fantasy, but the last army I played was Skaven and they were far and away my favorite fantasy army as well. So much great character!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 10:48 am

Current rumor is weapons teams are hidden in units like assassins, and can pop out to shoot if the unit charges or is charged. This lets them have some protection.

Verminlord is either out or a special character.

Doomwheel is back.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 12:37 pm

and 13 different spells!
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 1:41 pm

I am also hearing Warp Lightning will be toned down but not have a drawback.

I'm staying with Demons at least until Beastmen come out, in all likelihood.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 6:40 pm

Already knew the Doomwheel is back. Read somewhere the Verminlord was getting a new model, so I would think that means he would be back.
Weapons teams in units? Hmm... I would settle for the current rule in the army book to supercede the rulebook.
The rat swarms should get a point adjustment, and like every other army that has gotten a new book recently, prolly get a new troop choice as well. My vote is for Rat Riders! Skaven need some cavalry, yeah, that's the ticket.
Even though you can make them out of the clanrat box, would like some plastic slaves. Who knows, they might even throw in the Cauldron of a Thousand Poxes from the Lustria book.
This man-thing is eagerly awaiting the new book. Yes-Yes!!
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 8:51 pm

I know almost zilch about skaven, except for that they are the penultimate swarm, they can shoot into cc, they place very low value on life, they are extremely unpredictable, and warplock can either blow your enemies off the table, or backfire and destroy the weilders.

This may get me interested in Skaven. I like the idea of a hamster wheel o' doom.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 8:43 pm

Skaven is a super fun army to play. The only thing is right now under the current rules, they aren't very good right now.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime21st August 2009, 6:18 pm

New Skaven pics.
http://www.frothersunite.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22098
Back to top Go down
Itkovian
Blind Ratling Sniper
Itkovian

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime21st August 2009, 7:27 pm

Those clanrats look pretty damn cool. I know a few people who'll be stoked about these...
Back to top Go down
http://itkovian.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Let's talk Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Fantasy   Let's talk Fantasy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk Fantasy
Page 1 of 1