Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orc questions

Go down 
+4
ares
Dannato
capnwoodrow
bdix
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 5:47 pm

What kind of weapon loadout do I want for a 10 man group of black orcs? Also, where do I even start building this army? I know nothing about them, just like the models alot
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 5:57 pm

bdix wrote:
What kind of weapon loadout do I want for a 10 man group of black orcs? Also, where do I even start building this army? I know nothing about them, just like the models alot

I think Black Orcs have the rule where they can pick what weapons they want to use each turn, also - you might look at going for 15+ under the new rules. 10 might not survive long.

As far as list building, do you want competitive or fun? If you want competitive you'll probably need to take a Black Orc Warboss on a Wyvern, a scroll caddy, and minimize animosity.

If you want to play silly hammer load up on pump wagons, fanatics, giants, doom divers, etc and just push it all around the board. Although you'll want fanatics and giants in a competitive list too...

Dannato is probably your best bet to talk to. He's a great O&G general.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 6:05 pm

I want to be competitive enough to not lose interest in playing, and I guess it helps that I really like the black orc warboss model. So does it matter what weapons I give them? Also, I'm guessing I want to take standard bearer and musician?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 6:52 pm

bdix wrote:
I want to be competitive enough to not lose interest in playing, and I guess it helps that I really like the black orc warboss model. So does it matter what weapons I give them? Also, I'm guessing I want to take standard bearer and musician?

Yeah, the BOs have the "Armed to da teef" special rule so they can choose to use 2 weapons, a great weapon, or hw + shield in combat.

As far as the muso and the flag...i'd say probably. A small elite unit like that will need all the static rez it can get. The muso will help you if you draw out against a larger unit.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 7:15 pm

Black orcs are some of the best tools you have in 7th ed I ran a block of 17 with the +d6 charge banner, right now I run 20 with the +1 attack banner. Other things I like are Black orc warboss on a wyvern with shagas and killing blow, giants, squig hoppers and the doom diver also nightgoblins are great roadblocks.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 7:23 pm

sweet, thanks. So as I assemble this first block of black orcs, what should I be thinking about as far as arms go? I've really messed up assembly the first time around alot
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Dannato

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 7:45 pm

they rank best as greatweapons but they look really cool as a mixture everything in the box one word of advice if you do mix is rank up the bases and then assemble them ranked up and numbered so you don't run into problems ranking them up in the future
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime19th July 2010, 12:34 am

yeah, Adam told me you told him to tell me. Wow that was complicated
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime19th July 2010, 2:13 pm

are those river trolls any good? Their model is pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Dannato

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime19th July 2010, 2:52 pm

In 7th ed if I took trolls it would only be one to guard flanks and warmachines but if you run the wyvern lord puting them in his range isn't a problem anymore so i could see a unit of three being handy .
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime19th July 2010, 3:55 pm

I think I really just need to pick up the orc and goblin book to see what is what
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime19th July 2010, 5:49 pm

Trolls got a lot better with the extended reach of the general's leadership. Doom Divers, Fanatics and goblin units got a lot better in this edition. I am not so sure about the giant. With the new los he is shot real early and loses some of his effectiveness. Just my $.02 worth.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime19th July 2010, 6:39 pm

thanks, I've noticed alot of lists around the internet seem to be focusing on night goblin units. This is interesting, but I'm still going to run alot of Orky units. The diver model looks pretty cool too, I'll have to pick that up
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime19th July 2010, 7:04 pm

The night gobbos are popular because of fanatics.

30 night gobbos with shortbows with 2-3 fanatics inside is a brutal unit now.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime19th July 2010, 11:12 pm

what do fanatics do now?

EDIT: nevermind just found it on gw site, those look awesome...

why is Azhag the Slaughterer so expensive? That model looks amazing but I dont want to shell out 90 bucks for it...
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime20th July 2010, 12:05 am

bdix wrote:
why is Azhag the Slaughterer so expensive? That model looks amazing but I dont want to shell out 90 bucks for it...
He's a huge hunk of metal, that's pretty much the only reason.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime20th July 2010, 10:51 am

I saw the OOP version on Ebay for $40 still in the box.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime20th July 2010, 2:12 pm

do you know where I could get some night goblins for cheap? I know they came in the starter box, but they all seem pricey on ebay now
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime20th July 2010, 5:35 pm

Nothing is cheap since 8th Edition came out. The excitement will blow over soon and all the people that just got back in will be selling out. I would say 2-3 months Ebay prices should start falling.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime20th July 2010, 5:50 pm

bdix wrote:
do you know where I could get some night goblins for cheap? I know they came in the starter box, but they all seem pricey on ebay now

If you found someone who wanted to split the core box with you then you'd be picking up a ton of goblins for around 30-45 depending on what you pay for it.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime21st July 2010, 2:11 am

Are there any core boxes left at TSE?
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime21st July 2010, 5:05 pm

If you find one I might be willing to buy the Dwarfs.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime21st July 2010, 7:55 pm

k, ill go look tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime21st July 2010, 8:53 pm

With the new horde rules, good luck finding goblins on the cheap now.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 2:01 am

What exactly are the horde rules? I dont know any thing about it to begin with so its kind of a clean slate for me...

sorry for dragging this thread on for what seems like forever, but I keep thinking of questions monkey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orc questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc questions   Orc questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orc questions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next