Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plasticard and Plastic Rod

Go down 
+4
capnwoodrow
Fletch
bdix
bsimon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Plasticard and Plastic Rod Empty
PostSubject: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime11th July 2010, 9:25 pm

Any local source for this? Hobby Lobby doesn't carry it, and Hobby Town closed. I'll probably end up ordering directly from Plastruct if I can't find anything local.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime11th July 2010, 10:21 pm

I'm in the same situation...been looking for a month or so now. I've heard there is some in my hometown (Russellville) at a small hobby store, if you ever go down there or anything. I'll get the name if you are interested, I'll probally scope it out next weekend
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 4:01 am

Check and see if there are any model train stores in the area, i know we have a few here that carry it.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 8:06 am

Last time I saw plasticard in a Hobby store it was Changing Hands in Joplin, but you might want to call them if you're heading up to make sure they have what you want. It wasn't a ton, just a small hobby section with some of the plasticard line h-town uses to carry.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 10:44 am

None that I know of. The Plastruct website's list of dealers was last updated in 2007, so it's not very helpful (and still lists the store I got mine from in California, which has been out of business since before the list was supposedly last updated).

This is one of a couple things that if I'd known Hobby Town was going out of business I'd have made the trip to pick up before they did.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 10:50 am

You could also try a For Sale by Owner or Beware of Dog sign from any hardware store. I think it's the same material (or a close approx).
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 1:47 pm

Hobby Lobby has lots of plastic sheeting for sale. I have never seen Plastruc so I have no idea of the equality of the thickness. I have several sheets at CHG if you want to look before you buy. They have large sheets and small ones as well. The sheets are all clear, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I am using mine to make bases for some 6mm scale houses.

The sheets are near the isle where the craft glue is. If not the same isle.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Blarglord
Blind Ratling Sniper
Blarglord

PostSubject: Re: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 3:50 pm

We have it in a store in Dardenelle.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 4:26 pm

right, thats where i heard of it
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 6:47 pm

This is where I go to get the odd plastic sheet that I need - http://www.hobbylinc.com/
They almost have TOO much there. I ordered some cobblestone a while back to base my Skaven with and it turned out nice. Be sure to hunt around a bit at the site, they have a few different brands and there is quite a price difference between them. Also watch out for the size of the sheets - you can get better deals buying the larger sometimes, and sometimes the smaller is cheaper (per square inch anyway.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plasticard and Plastic Rod   Plasticard and Plastic Rod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plasticard and Plastic Rod
Page 1 of 1