Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry. Oh My!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry.  Oh My! Empty
PostSubject: Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry. Oh My!   Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry.  Oh My! Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 11:11 pm

Really wanting to put two lords in my next Skaven army.
Still keeping the Grey Seer on the Bell, but now I would like to try a warlord on bonebreaker(Rat Ogre) in an unit of Rat Ogres.
The prospect of making the GS the general with an 18" area of influence is to good to pass up. Also plan on taking advantage of the horde rules and adding 50 clanrats to push the Screaming Bell.
The tempation continues, I may have to purchase a third unit of ten Plague Censor Bearers. Putting 30 of those guys on the board makes me giddy. That is until they get shot to pieces.

For my Warriors of Chaos:
Wanting to try a Sorcerer Lord and Chaos Lord together. Won't be any other characters with these two, but I am ok with that. Big block of warriors for the lord, not sure what else besides Dragon Ogres and a War Shrine.

Lizardmen:
Slaan of course with a Skink Priest on the Engine of the Gods. Who knows with the rest of it.

Really wanting to see the erratas before I come up with a list though. Curious to see what gets changed. Hoping that since Skaven was a more recent book, not that much clarifying is needed.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry. Oh My!   Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry.  Oh My! Icon_minitime4th July 2010, 11:45 pm

Verminlord wrote:

Lizardmen:
Slaan of course with a Skink Priest on the Engine of the Gods. Who knows with the rest of it.

I actually think you'll see a shift away from this in 8e. A skink on the engine is a bigger target now and the magic phase can bottom out. The boom and the ward save are still nice, but I don't know if it's worth eating up a lot of of your hero real estate for it anymore.
Back to top Go down
guyverlord3
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
guyverlord3

PostSubject: Re: Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry. Oh My!   Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry.  Oh My! Icon_minitime5th July 2010, 11:55 am

for the skaven. does the bell points count to your hero points or something else. If it does I am not sure if you will have enuf points to add a general riding a bonebreaker. I was looking at the grey seer and a bell and one plgue priest riding a pox rat with a censear bear. If the bell counts to hero point that would be all I could bring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevenlykins.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry. Oh My!   Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry.  Oh My! Icon_minitime5th July 2010, 4:57 pm

The bell counts as a mount for the Grey Seer.

And as for shooting at my Engine of the Gods, that just means they aren't shooting at something else. But with the ranged ability and the thunderstomp, makes it a force to be reckoned with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry. Oh My!   Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry.  Oh My! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lords, Large Targets and Monstrous Infantry. Oh My!
Page 1 of 1