Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Patriot Games August 8

Go down 
+3
littleboyblues
Wildeyedjester
warhammerworld
7 posters
AuthorMessage
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids

Patriot Games  August 8 Empty
PostSubject: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime16th July 2009, 4:27 pm

We had quite a few more folks want to play at Patriot Games than originally intended. It may be as many as 30+ ENTRIES. I have moved the venue from the Jones Center to the Cosmopolitan Hotel in FAyetteville. That can accomodate every player that wants to participate.

Army lists must be turned in bu August 1!!!

Entry fee still the same

This time we will not meet at the shop on Saturday morning, but will, instead, meet at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in beautiful downtown Fayettenam. Sign in starts at 8AM and first game begins at 9 AM!

I have gotten with the hotel, and lunch will be provided for everyone, no additional charge.

I need army lists ASAP!!!

1850 Points

No named characters
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime21st July 2009, 7:16 pm

good to see people registering quickly. We will be giving away lots of stuff, prizes, and more! Lunch will be at or around noon, a good time to eat! Games should be over by 6PM or so, but you know how I am about promptness!

I hear that the defending champion Jeremy has a few surprises in store for his opponents!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime22nd July 2009, 3:20 pm

Looking very much forward to the event. Do we need to pay in advance, or is at the door okay?

As far as surprises - if you are referring to my rabid pet attack ferret that I loose on opponents under the table then you might be onto something!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
warhammerworld

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime22nd July 2009, 3:46 pm

It would be best if you would pay in advance. The link I set up on the SOOIEHAMMER website will take you directly to Paypal, and you can make a credit card or Paypal payment there.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime22nd July 2009, 4:20 pm

I will be paying at the door. I am looking forward to this as last year I had something come up and couldn't go. This year I intend on going up there for the sole purpose of uprooting jeremy from his title! Yea that's right I declared war! Wink

Oh and on the player list the army I will be playing is Codex Space Marines.
Matt Buchanan
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime22nd July 2009, 6:30 pm

Are spectators welcome? My army is far from 2000 points, but it would be interesting to observe. Smile
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime22nd July 2009, 7:23 pm

Spectatorts are invited, and welcome. Armies need be 1850, not 2000

In fact, spectators are encouraged.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 12:01 am

littleboyblues wrote:
This year I intend on going up there for the sole purpose of uprooting jeremy from his title! Yea that's right I declared war! Wink

affraid

I look forward to the possibility of a rematch! Let's just shoot for NOT taking each other almost completely out of the tournament on points this time....
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 7:00 am

Wildeyedjester wrote:
littleboyblues wrote:
This year I intend on going up there for the sole purpose of uprooting jeremy from his title! Yea that's right I declared war! Wink

affraid

I look forward to the possibility of a rematch! Let's just shoot for NOT taking each other almost completely out of the tournament on points this time....

No. Do that. Please.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 10:27 am

I noticed the last 4 or 5 years had a comp. Is there anyway we can see how that is judged before we submit our lists?
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 10:39 am

Go here

http://www.sooiehammer.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3401
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 1:08 pm

I just want to clarify the "totally player based" comp/sports scoring - are there guidelines laid out in the tourney book or is it "I think Jester's in the lead, so I'm dogging his sports/comp for a win?"
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 2:06 pm

Just 0 everyone regardless.

It's the great equalizer. Jeremy brought IG, I bring Necrons, his army book came out this decade, mine didn't, gotta catch up somehow, right? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 2:26 pm

As long as there are no jerks there, player judged is fine.... several key words there mind you. Although I can say alot of the people on the list I recognize are super cool and would not undermine the system for their own gain. All the hogs of war I've met so far, mike gregson, his son, matt grant, fletch, me are all super good sports. The others I don't know but on the other hand I don't recognize about half the names. So I'm opptomistic they'll be super too!

I'm looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 2:50 pm

I dunno, there was some jackass from CAWS who stole Justin's beer last weekend when Justin turned his back.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 3:11 pm

In that jackasses defence... He bought justin one of his beers, he did a front flip on the sidewalk drunk, scared off a bum talking about japan, told the waitress beer was man juice, walked over after the restraunt to look at the painting competition and fell over and almost took all those beautiful models with him and had to be pulled out of the front fountain of the marriott I... He was playing in...

Saterday night = Legendary fun!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 4:06 pm

bsimon wrote:
Just 0 everyone regardless.

It's the great equalizer. Jeremy brought IG, I bring Necrons, his army book came out this decade, mine didn't, gotta catch up somehow, right? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Wait. Why am I suddenly involved in all situations and plans to bring the 'man' down?

I am as soft and cuddly as a kitty kat, except heavier and not as quick or sneaky.......

As for Memphis - I agree. Memorable for certain! You're going to have to tell me about the fountain, Matt.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime23rd July 2009, 4:22 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:

I am as soft and cuddly as a kitty kat, except heavier and not as quick or sneaky.......

Heavy is the big, fluffly head that wears last year's crown.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 8:47 am

Haha, too easy:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/SmfsaIh1GXI/AAAAAAAAFic/h17eMOUNxXQ/s1600-h/40kitty.jpg
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 9:00 am

Lol!

Thats win! cheers
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 1:05 pm

That's a skinny cat.

Compared to my twenty pound monsters, that is..... pig pig pig
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
warhammerworld

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 10:07 am

ARMY LISTS!!!!! ASAP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 11:21 am

Matt has a 1/5 chance of winning the Patriot games!

Did anyone else notice that 6 out of 32 participants name is Matthew. That's 19%...

Matthammer 40k!
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 10:11 am

It looks like 28 for Patriot. The entire Harrison Brigade bailed on us, the last one yesterday. Still enough to get a real feel for the talent in the area. If you want to spectate, you are welcome. If you want to play, you need to contact me immediately.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime8th August 2009, 11:24 pm

Thanks to all that played, watched, and helped make Patriot 2009 the best one in a long time. I haven't had that much fun since Josh Buchanan won in 02! Grats to Hogs for dominating the purses!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patriot Games August 8   Patriot Games  August 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patriot Games August 8
Page 1 of 1