Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What chapter should I make?

Go down 
+4
abbottj83
Fletch
capnwoodrow
bdix
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

What chapter should I make? Empty
PostSubject: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime15th June 2010, 1:28 am

I'm torn between three different options. Salamanders, White Scars, and Raven Guard.

I want something that would be fun to paint, but wouldnt take me forever. I want something that is in the opponents face alot. I want something that is competitive to play and I wont just get smoked because of the options I can take.

I really want to play any of these armies fluffy, so keep that in mind also.

Another minor point would be that I want to play something different, so I would like to play something that no one else in NWA plays regularly
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime15th June 2010, 7:12 am

Salamanders are going to be very 'in your face' because the melta ranges force you in and you'll want to take at least one squad of TH/SS terms due to the very impressive army bonus that Vulkan gives them. However, because Vulkan's power is so strong a lot of people run him.

White Scars are fairly unique - i've only seen two players with an all bike SM army and neither of them are NWA players. The biggest downside is that Space Marines don't gain that much a benefit to being on bikes for what it costs in points to run them.

Raven Guard are an interesting option. I only know of one other person that plays RG and I haven't seen that person at an event in over a year. An army of fleet is pretty much win. Your biggest drawback is that Shrike has a jump pack, so if you're not interested in running a jump pack list you've got to be creative on where you hide him. Or just stick him in a Land Raider. And outflank it.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime15th June 2010, 9:31 am

Id go ravenguard and get some of the forgeworld stuff thats coming out. Also strike can't go in a land raider since models with jump packs cant go in any transport in the marine codex.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime15th June 2010, 11:42 am

shrike is such an amazing model, and I like the fluff behind raven guard the best....I think I'll probally go with them
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
abbottj83

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime15th June 2010, 1:27 pm

Just don't go with a Raven Guard all scout army, thats what I'm doing :-p LOL. Nah, it'll be cool to see someone else trying out that chapter too and to compare tactics and paint schemes and the like.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime15th June 2010, 1:30 pm

I've been threatening to take a Heresy era chapter using a bunch of bits from Chapter House Games. I have no idea how it would work but the idea is floating around. Luna Wolves would be cool or one of the other Legions.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime15th June 2010, 3:03 pm

I'm going to go with an assault, walker heavy army so it should be pretty polar pirat
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
abbottj83

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime15th June 2010, 3:07 pm

bdix wrote:
I'm going to go with an assault, walker heavy army so it should be pretty polar pirat

I like the idea. Looking forward to seeing your list ideas
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime15th June 2010, 3:09 pm

maybe we could get a game in next week, or mayeb even run a 2v2 game if we can find 2 opponents....I'm drooling at the idea of vanguard veterans and fleet

speaking of which, does that unit have its own model or is it just a pack of assualt marines painted as vets? If it has its own model I definately want to get it
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
abbottj83

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime15th June 2010, 3:16 pm

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1020022&prodId=prod1620033

Yes there are specific models, though they are about $17 more expensive.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 12:06 am

ah those are some pretty sexy models....
Back to top Go down
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 7:23 am

Yum....Power Swords!
Back to top Go down
http://thedowisup40k.blogspot.com
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 9:10 am

Assault termies and dreadnoughts with fleet. Talk about pucker factor. Seriously, fleet is nice until you start rolling 1's and 2's and then you realize you can't rely on fleet by itself to be the game changer. I have seen my genestelaers more than once fleet an inch and not be able to charge (and get shot point blank as a reward for their slowness). My two cents.
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime17th June 2010, 9:32 pm

gamewizard wrote:
I've been threatening to take a Heresy era chapter using a bunch of bits from Chapter House Games. I have no idea how it would work but the idea is floating around. Luna Wolves would be cool or one of the other Legions.

Totally STEALING "cribbing" my idea. lmao
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime17th June 2010, 11:28 pm

RetroPengo wrote:
gamewizard wrote:

Totally STEALING "cribbing" my idea. lmao

Yeshhhhhhh.....
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime18th June 2010, 12:16 am

At least you're comfortable admitting it. muhahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What chapter should I make?   What chapter should I make? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What chapter should I make?
Page 1 of 1