Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hobbytown bentonville?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

Hobbytown bentonville? Empty
PostSubject: Hobbytown bentonville?   Hobbytown bentonville? Icon_minitime11th July 2009, 9:54 pm

Hey, just curious, can anyone reccomend hobbytown bentonville as a place to buy 40k and fantasy miniatures?

I would just like to know what kind of selection they have, reasonable prices, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jake
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Hobbytown bentonville?   Hobbytown bentonville? Icon_minitime11th July 2009, 10:15 pm

What do you play? If you play 40k space marines then you're set. There other 40k stuff tends to lag behind a bit. They seem to always be up on the newest scenery kits tho.

Not to bad mouth them (because I like their store a lot), but be very careful ordering from them. I've had some friends wait six or seven weeks to get something from Htown ordered when most store can get it in a few business days.

For fantasy, they have a ton of selection.

They have a great selection of metal blisters and a on of extra gaming supplies.

For prices they are generally spot-on. The only thing there that they really overprice is their foam for transport cases.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Hobbytown bentonville?   Hobbytown bentonville? Icon_minitime11th July 2009, 10:35 pm

Thats fantastic! I need to pick up some bretonnia stuff for conversions, and some imperial guard, for which to convert. Seeing as they are brand new, I assume they will have at least 1 box of guard. Wink
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Hobbytown bentonville?   Hobbytown bentonville? Icon_minitime11th July 2009, 10:44 pm

They did last time I looked in on them.

If you need a lot of Bretonnian stuff, a guy has his unfinished army in their display case for $425 OBO.

Don't know how much you need though.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Hobbytown bentonville?   Hobbytown bentonville? Icon_minitime11th July 2009, 11:26 pm

I agree. The do have a really good stock on Space Marines but the rest is hit or miss. They do have a good selection on metal blisters for all the 40k and Fantasy armies but they do run through stock pretty quick on the 40k plastic box sets. Your best bet is to place an order or just show up on stock days to get your pick of the litter on what has come in fresh.

We have had good luck ordering from them. Usually not longer than two weeks. The only real problem we have had is getting in too much stuff (ordering 5 models and getting in 5 boxes) but that wasn't a problem either as they just put it on the shelf.

They do a good job on keeping up on scenery. I went in there on Planet Strike launch day and they had a piece of each of the new terrain. The day after that it was all gone (I was bummed - was gonna pick one up) but they had some more in stock yesterday so I was able to get a piece without much wait.

I shop pretty regularly at all three shops around here. It usually just depends on what I need and where I am at when I need it. All three shops have good service and a good selection so you really can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Hobbytown bentonville?   Hobbytown bentonville? Icon_minitime12th July 2009, 12:04 am

One thing to remember if you're making a trip for something specific is to call ahead. None of the stores in this area are partnership level stores, so they're only required to stock a limited number of models to keep their GW account. Beyond that they'll stock what they think they can sell, which unfortunately doesn't always match up with what you happen to need.

I don't mean to rag on any of them, they want to have what you need, but a store can only have so much money tied up in inventory at any given time, so they have to take their best guess at what is most likely to sell.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Hobbytown bentonville?   Hobbytown bentonville? Icon_minitime4th February 2010, 9:14 pm

I am continuously surprised that this place manages to stay in business. The number of times I've been in there with money and product in hand (since they stock certain sprays and are 4 minutes away), only to wait and wait and wait until they finish a conversation/ come out from hiding/ try to figure out the register is ridiculous.

The highlight was today. Monday I'd asked them to order a box of Chaos Knights, since I had a gift card. I left them my business card. They ordered a Warriors of Chaos book, since they weren't sure what I needed, and didn't think to call me? I like to support a local business that's willing to run tournaments, and every time I go into TSE or CHG I make sure to buy something, but at least those two make an effort to know what to stock and are very willing to take my money when it's offered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobbytown bentonville?   Hobbytown bentonville? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hobbytown bentonville?
Page 1 of 1