Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Empty
PostSubject: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 2:06 am

I got with Chris @ CHG a couple of days ago to figure out a day to hold the first Warmachine tourney @ CHG. Because most of the community are new to the game, it will be battle boxes only for the first one, but look for a monthly event similar to Siege on CHG with larger point values.

So with no further a do, the details.

Date: May 8th, 2010
Point Value: Battle Group / War Pack Box points, BYO list 11+WC
Round Time Limit: around 60 mins
Turn Time Limits: None*
Start Time: 12:00 pm
Entry Fee: $10.00

This event will be a great introduction to the game for those who are new to the game and a reintroduction for those who have played before.

This event will be a casual SR2010 event though the Modeling & Painting Policy will be enforced. This just means that proxies and conversions where the model is not an accurate depiction of the card will not be allowed. This does not mean the models need to be painted, though you are encouraged to do so.

While we wont be enforcing the turn times at this event, we do ask that you respect your opponent enough to not delay the game on purpose.

Also if you could please sign up on the Privateer Press events page here for this event.

Hordes will be allowed so long as they are from the War Pack boxes or a list that conforms to the BYO list outlined below.

If you have the models for your factions Battle Group / War Pack, please use them.

SR2010 Rules: http://privateerpress.com/files/Steamroller_2010_v2%283%29%282%29.pdf
Modeling & Painting Policy: http://privateerpress.com/files/Conversion_Policy_0.pdf

If you don't have the models for the Battle Group box for your faction use the following guidelines:

Quote :
11 points + the warcasters/warlock allotment
1 caster/lock
2-4 jacks/beast
Jacks/beast with cost 9 or less
No Character Jacks/beast

Last edited by Haren on 4th May 2010, 7:37 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Update from the events page and including the BYO list rules for this event)
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Retibution Battlegroup List   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 2:21 am

Since Retibution do not have their own battle group box, PP has a list that they use for their demos and box events.

Kaelyssa ( +7 )
--Manticore ( 8 )
--Griffon ( 4 )
--Chimera ( 6 )

Looks like I owe nachos a Chimera lol!
Back to top Go down
Dahtay
Squig with flatulence
Dahtay

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 9:26 am

The standard SR rules don't require you to use default battle-box groups, they just have to be within two points without going over the designated point cap. I'd really like to come compete but I play Retribution and really don't care for Kaylessa, and don't plan on ordering her anytime soon. So if playing Vyros or Garryth is acceptable I'll be there!
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 9:40 am

I would definately play in one of these, but noon on a Wednesday isn't doable for me, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 10:37 am

Ack sorry may 8th not 5th. Damn myself for not double checking the days lol.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 11:08 am

So:

May 8th, 15 +/- 2 pt limit, mechs and caster only, is the rules? I'll be there.

WarMachine only or Hordes as well, as Primal is updated for v2.0?
Back to top Go down
Dahtay
Squig with flatulence
Dahtay

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 11:24 am

It's actually 13-15 points, not 15 +/- 2. You're encouraged to do exactly 15 points, but some people don't own exactly 15 points of Warcaster/Warjack combo so it's as close as you can get without going over 15. No less than 13. And normal Mangled Metal when doing 15 Pt is one Warcaster and only Warjacks equalling the 13-15 Points. So here is my group.

Retribution of Scyrah:

Warcaster = Garryth +5
Heavy Warjack = Phoenix -10
Light Warjack = Griffon -4
Light Warjack = Gorgon -5

Total: 14 Points
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 12:05 pm

I'll allow build your own list with the following rules:

11 points + the casters WJ allotment
1 caster
2-4 jacks
Jacks with cost 9 or less
No Character Jacks

Reason for these restrictions is because all the battle group boxes are built around them being the same point value. MK II changed the points on cryx so their box is the only one thats out of balance (theirs is 14 points). However their jacks are frail so their point difference doesnt unbalance their box from the others.

I do ask if you have the models for a battle group to please use the battle group before building your own list.

On the subject of Hordes:
I'm fine with allowing Hordes in if you have the rule book & the MKII pages ( From Here ) for the models your playing printed out. Since they have their own battle group boxes I do ask that if you want to run Hordes try and run their battle box before running a builded list.

I understand the older players not having all the models anymore, and the ret players not liking the caster in their "Offical" list, but this is just the first event and I wanted to have it as uniform as possible for the new players.from here
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 12:11 pm

Dahtay wrote:
It's actually 13-15 points, not 15 +/- 2. You're encouraged to do exactly 15 points, but some people don't own exactly 15 points of Warcaster/Warjack combo so it's as close as you can get without going over 15. No less than 13. And normal Mangled Metal when doing 15 Pt is one Warcaster and only Warjacks equalling the 13-15 Points. So here is my group.

Retribution of Scyrah:

Warcaster = Garryth +5
Heavy Warjack = Phoenix -10
Light Warjack = Griffon -4

Total: 14 Points

True enough, but since this is a battle group box event they need to comform to the BG points more than the Mangled Metal / SR2010 rules for a 15 point. The reason I said 15 was because of the Cryx box being 14 points. The SR2010 Rules are just being used for the floor rules / tournament structor for this event.
Back to top Go down
Dahtay
Squig with flatulence
Dahtay

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 1:03 pm

Ah, okay that sounds great! Now the only problem with that rule layout is that I'll have to substitute my Phoenix in for a Manticore (I have 1 manticore 1 phoenix, need 2 Manticores). The only way with the models I own to get anywhere near 15 points without using my Phoenix (10 points, against the rules) is to sub my phoenix as a manticore. I do have two Manticore cards, only one model.

If that's okay I'll run:

Warcaster = Dawnlord Vyros +6
Heavy Warjack = Manticore -8

Total = 15 Points Surprised
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 2:24 pm

Dahtay wrote:
Ah, okay that sounds great! Now the only problem with that rule layout is that I'll have to substitute my Phoenix in for a Manticore (I have 1 manticore 1 phoenix, need 2 Manticores). The only way with the models I own to get anywhere near 15 points without using my Phoenix (10 points, against the rules) is to sub my phoenix as a manticore. I do have two Manticore cards, only one model.

If that's okay I'll run:

This list results in a +4 point value. How does this conform to the DYO list rules? SR 2010 rules state you have a -2 point value allowance. You are not allowed to go OVER the list allowance of 11, but you can have a list worth 9.

Unless my math on your list is wrong, your list is 4 points over the limit.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 3:32 pm

gamewizard wrote:
Dahtay wrote:

If that's okay I'll run:

This list results in a +4 point value. How does this conform to the DYO list rules? SR 2010 rules state you have a -2 point value allowance. You are not allowed to go OVER the list allowance of 11, but you can have a list worth 9.

thx chris.

A small misundstanding about the sr2010 but dead on. The list allotment rule for 2010 is (Base Points of event) + (Warcaster/Warlock addition for WJ/WB) = Total size of army. Your allowed to go under the total by 2 points.

For the BYO list rules for this event the Base Points is 11 not 15. I understand that you dont have / want the caster that PP decided should be in your base BG box list but that doesnt change the fact that before MKII the 6 boxes (Protectorate, Cygnar, Cryx, Khador, Dwarven Mercs, and Pirate Mercs) were within 50 points of each other. In MKII terms that is about a point. MKII also changed the way that arc nodes were figured in the models that have them. This made the Cryx models more expensive than they use to be. That moved cryx from being the cheapest point value box to the most expensive. It also skewed the box values a little. While the rest of the boxes end up being 11 points, the cryx box ends up at 14 points. This however isnt a big deal since they also break easier than most of the rest of the armies.

The other reason I decided to go ahead and allow BYO is because after you mentioned it I remembered that a couple of other locals sold their box casters and jacks off when they thought that WM was gone for good around here, but kept a couple of them for old times sake. The BYO list will allow them to get back in also.
Back to top Go down
Dahtay
Squig with flatulence
Dahtay

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 8:55 pm

gamewizard wrote:
Dahtay wrote:

If that's okay I'll run:

It was a mis-understanding.. I've never seen an 11-point max before, I thought it was standard rules 15-point MM lists. I understand why now, I just didn't understand the first time I read it.

Here are my available warjacks.
I have 1 Gorgon(pc5), 1 Griffon(pc4), 1 Manticore (pc8), 1 Phoenix (pc10 illegal)

So my only possible list is:
Light Warjack = Gorgon -4
Light Warjack = Griffon -5

Total = 9 points + Vyros
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime4th May 2010, 2:25 pm

Also: what time will this start? I had two guys come in today wanting to know. I told them we opened at noon and to just be there at that time. I did tell them to go on the Privateer website to sign up. But I need to know what the start time is so I can tell anybody else that comes in and wants to know.

Also; one of the guys said he talked to you before but wants to know if this was going to be an every Saturday thing. I said not on the 15th; we would need all of the table space for the 'Ard Boyz Qualifiers event. The 22nd is Eldrazi Game day but the table space will not be an issue as it will be for the 40K event.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime4th May 2010, 7:33 pm

gamewizard wrote:
Also: what time will this start? I had two guys come in today wanting to know. I told them we opened at noon and to just be there at that time. I did tell them to go on the Privateer website to sign up. But I need to know what the start time is so I can tell anybody else that comes in and wants to know.

Also; one of the guys said he talked to you before but wants to know if this was going to be an every Saturday thing. I said not on the 15th; we would need all of the table space for the 'Ard Boyz Qualifiers event. The 22nd is Eldrazi Game day but the table space will not be an issue as it will be for the 40K event.

Current plan is to have sign up start at 12:00pm and then dice drop at 1:00 pm. This should give everyone time to get to the shop and sign up before we start.

*EDIT* - The entry fee is $10 bucks
The tentiative schedule is :

12:00 : Sign up Begin
12:50 : Sign up Ends
13:00 : Pairings Posted and Game 1 Begins
14:00 : Game 1 Ends
14:10 : Game 2 Begins
15:10 : Game 2 Ends
15:20 : Game 3 Begins
16:30 : Game 3 Ends
16:40 : Announcements and Prize Awards.

About running this every week, no. This is just going to be a once a month tourney. I will run demos and play games every Saturday when there is enough room to spare. If there is an interest in doing something weekly I would gladly run it, though it might have to change days.

The next tourney will be sometime in June and it will be 15 points. This will allow those who just have the models from the Battle Group boxes to build up to 15 points and try different casters if they want to. The way I am wanting to think of the monthly tourneys as a once a month slow grow league.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime7th May 2010, 1:41 am

I'll try to be sure to be there for the beginning of this or sometime Friday Night.

Currently I'm housebound until Monday or so with a broken foot.
Back to top Go down
Dahtay
Squig with flatulence
Dahtay

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime7th May 2010, 1:28 pm

Ouch, well get well soon! I'll be there and bringing my Retribution battlegroup.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime7th May 2010, 5:57 pm

Doh, I guess I am behind. This event is tomorrow. Amazing what a few days off does to your calender.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime7th May 2010, 5:58 pm

It turns out that I need to spend Saturday with my wife for her birthday... I thought I'd be able to get out of that.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime7th May 2010, 7:36 pm

I was fully intending to play in this, but it just dawned on me that it conflicts with a graduation ceremony that I am committed to attending (not to mention that this week has been a real bitch in terms of unexpected complications, so I have had zero time to prepare).
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime8th May 2010, 6:10 pm

Since only two players showed up by 1 pm, I went ahead and canceled the event. We'll try again next month. Reminder next month will be 15 points and normal FA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG   Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warmachine Tournament May 8th @ CHG
Page 1 of 1