Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility Empty
PostSubject: Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility   Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility Icon_minitime9th June 2010, 10:17 am

I've been doing a bit of reading. I really like the Hordes models, but it seems there is more interest in Warmachine around here. I have read that you can use the two systems together - does anyone have any experience with this?
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility   Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility Icon_minitime9th June 2010, 2:06 pm

The games have the nickname of Warmahordes for a reason Smile. PP balanced the game so no hordes faction is at an advantage or disadvantage vs a warmachine faction so that the games are good to play together from the start. Hordes Primal MKII should be out next month and i'll pick it up so i can read through it. The best way to discribe the way you have to remember about the two games, Hordes is a game of risk management, Warmachine is a game of resource management.
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
abbottj83

PostSubject: Re: Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility   Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility Icon_minitime9th June 2010, 2:13 pm

Yes the two systems are fully interchangeable. You can play Hordes vs. Warmachine. The systems are a little different in their execution of the interplay between "casters" and "jacks/beasts". But in general the systems are the same. The army books and the unit card deckss for Hordes aren't out yet if I remember correctly; but I do believe the information necessary to make your own stand ins until they are is freely available. Plus the figures themselves will come with the Mark I cards so you'll have something.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility   Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility Icon_minitime9th June 2010, 5:41 pm

I will be getting with Haren in order to make sure CHG is supporting this as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility   Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hordes and Warmachine Compatibility
Page 1 of 1