Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green stuff?

Go down 
+2
bsimon
capnwoodrow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Green stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Green stuff?   Green stuff? Icon_minitime7th July 2009, 3:43 pm

Where do you buy your green stuff? I think I'll need some for a model I'm working on, but I seem to be amiss. My FLGS has the GW brand, but I hear you're better off getting it at a DIY store.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Green stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green stuff?   Green stuff? Icon_minitime7th July 2009, 6:22 pm

Hobby Town has a variety of makes of it, but about 2 years ago I bought 3 10' sections from Kneadatite's website and I'm down to my last 5'.

It keeps forever in a freezer.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

Green stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green stuff?   Green stuff? Icon_minitime7th July 2009, 11:46 pm

It keeps OK just in plastic wrap. I have some I bought ten years ago that is just now getting too inflexible to work with.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Green stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green stuff?   Green stuff? Icon_minitime8th July 2009, 10:39 am

I have bought my green stuff from Greenputty.com in the past. I just logged on and it looks like their prices have gone up a bit though. It used to be $12 for a 36" roll but now it is $20. When I would buy I would usually get three rolls of it and split it with Jester and Monkey. They do give a good break for buying multiple rolls. It comes out to about $40 for three rolls. That is about 100" of GS. If you bought that from GW it would be around $100 (if my really lazy math is close).

I keep mine in the egg/butter compartment in my fridge. So far i have not had any problems with it drying out in there. But since it comes in longer strips I have had just a bit of problems with the part where the strips meet if I leave my strip out on my table for more than a month or two.

Here is a link to Kneadatite's vendor page. There are several vendors where you can buy it from.

Be sure to post here if anyone finds a cheap source of Green Stuff!
Back to top Go down
woroxon
Necron Scarab with rusty hinges

Green stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Green Putty   Green stuff? Icon_minitime2nd August 2009, 9:09 pm

I have just ordered from the warstore (they ship internationally), because they had the one were each color is separate i heard online that is the best option since no hardening in the union that might occur if you are not careful with the keneadite that comes with both stripes joined.
Back to top Go down
Dahtay
Squig with flatulence
Dahtay

Green stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green stuff?   Green stuff? Icon_minitime26th May 2010, 10:09 am

woroxon wrote:
I have just ordered from the warstore (they ship internationally), because they had the one were each color is separate i heard online that is the best option since no hardening in the union that might occur if you are not careful with the keneadite that comes with both stripes joined.

I second this, I bought mine from thewarstore.com. The kind that is a yellow tube and a blue tube separate, then went to target and bought 2 tiny tupperware bowls with lids. (The best thing would be a single tupperware with a divider in the middle, but I couldn't find one.) Put my blue in one tupperware and Yellow in the other, they'll keep pretty much forever this way. I leave them on my work area so they're always within arms reach, you never know how many things you can use kneadatite for until you have it on your desk. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green stuff?   Green stuff? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green stuff?
Page 1 of 1