Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello Hogs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Hello Hogs Empty
PostSubject: Hello Hogs   Hello Hogs Icon_minitime25th June 2009, 11:19 am

My name is Matt Buchanan. I'm from the Little Rock area and met some of you last weekend at the hobby town tournament.
Had a great time with 3 great opponents and look forward to gaming with all of you in the future. Anywho Just thought I would stick my head in and say Hi.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Hello Hogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Hogs   Hello Hogs Icon_minitime25th June 2009, 4:30 pm

Hey Matt,

I really enjoyed our game against each other. It was a great strategic game and I was pretty mentally exhausted afterwards - my favorite kind of game. My traitor guard definitely want a rematch sometime.

Nice having you here on the forum. Please feel free to post anything that is going on in the Little Rock Area!

If you have the link to your forum, I would be glad to cross link you both here and on our blog page.

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Hello Hogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Hogs   Hello Hogs Icon_minitime26th June 2009, 8:05 am

We'll get a rematch in someday. That was a very fun game. I had pretty much a game plan and stuck to it which basically consisted of minimizing hits from the plasma sponson of doom and keep moving towards your lines. I read where you said your PBS was your worst performing unit, what armies were your other 2 opponents? As I think that is one of the best units in the new IG. To make that list an 1850 what would you add?

I've also emailed you a link to our forums.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Hello Hogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Hogs   Hello Hogs Icon_minitime26th June 2009, 8:39 am

Cool, we'll get you guys linked on the blog and will work on adding a button or links section here as well.

My army stays pretty much the same for 1850, but adds a Leman Russ Battle Tank to squadron with the Exectioner. I also add in a hellhound with a multimelta to help me deal with horde (primarily orcs and demons) better, and give me a bit more redundancy with melta weaponry for Landraider Spam.

In the HT tournament, I faced 3 MEQ armies. The problems I had with the psyker battle squad against you centered around your psychic hood ( i only got weaken resolve off once) and me not being able to get a supporting unit in place to prevent the unit from rallying. Really, I say they underperformed - but it was probably an okay thing against the other 2 MEQ, as it suggests how the rest of the army was doing. I got 20 points in both other games, but it was due to the hydra/vendetta/basilisk/executioner combos opening rhinos and performing as planned to.

Your army was tough, and was one of the few instances where I had wanted for the inquisitor/mystic retinue to go along with officer of the fleet. My plan was to prevent your dreads from being able to land in my midst and deal with them within the first two turns, and ensure I maintained armor supremacy. I also had hoped to bottleneck and slow your rhino formation, but my vendetta could never destroy that lead rhino until late game. I think your list is great, and it reminds me alot of the way I play my blood angels. I was pretty impressed by the way your stern guard worked out.

What are you thinking for adding/changing for 1850?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Hello Hogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Hogs   Hello Hogs Icon_minitime26th June 2009, 9:35 am

Yea your deployment was great. I remember looking at your list... wow good list. Then your deployment... wow good deployment and scout moves against me. I think that scout move would have gotten most ppl off guard. baiting my ironclads to the sides. One of my regular opponents play eldar though. I know I can't catch those fast skimmers.

About the Inquisitor/mystic. A lot of Indy GT's are not allowing crossing codexes... (some are however) No 10 grey knight termies and Grey knight GM and a priest in a valk... darn!

I love sterngaurd. It's my favortie unit in SM. Closely followed by Ironclads... could you tell?

In my 1850 army I run
vulkan
2x dp ironclads
5x termies th/ss in a LR
3x 10x tact in a Rh
speeder w/ MM
assault squad dp

The list stays the same for the most part I drop the sternguard and lib and add vulkan landraider and 5 termies. I didn't bring my normal tourny list b/c it was 1500 and I didn't know if Special Characters could be used. I enjoyed the 1500 point level though as it was something different.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Hello Hogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Hogs   Hello Hogs Icon_minitime26th June 2009, 7:14 pm

Yeah, I felt pretty dirty and beardy the couple of times I used the mystics. Demon units would disappear in one turn because of the executioner being able to fire at the deepstriking units. I would never field it in a tournament - unless it was 'ard boyz - I think it is too much and you would be asking for sportsmanship to be popped.

Your 1850 list looks pretty tough. The pressure from the land raider I'm sure equates to more survivability for your other armor units, and termies would be another nice supporting unit to build off of your teleport homers that arrive first turn.

1500 points has been odd for us too. We are used to 1850 armies, and it is always a nice change to move to 1500. However, at 1500 I have found that if something goes wrong you are usually in a much harder spot to come back once you are down. Alot of lists are nerfed a bit at 1500, because needed redundancy in units is harder to pull off and still have the proper amount of support in other areas.
Back to top Go down
Kilbo
Necron Scarab with rusty hinges
Kilbo

Hello Hogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Hogs   Hello Hogs Icon_minitime10th July 2009, 12:08 am

Was great playing a true artist, would love to see your marines completed.
While my Ultras got stomped in our game it was a great time, challenging game for me.
Till next time! Hopefully my Ultras will be brought up to 5th edition play by then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Hogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Hogs   Hello Hogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Hogs
Page 1 of 1