Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
crossbonesx11
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
crossbonesx11

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Empty
PostSubject: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime16th November 2009, 1:35 am

This is going to be my long time building army (due to the expensive nature). Fluff wise it is part of a Imperial Intelligence strikeforce (think ordos with out hunting, more based on specific tactics), called ISOAR - Imperial Strike Operatives Airborne Regiment led my Imperial Tactician Waylon Strafe. It is comprised of the former Elysian 46th veteran regiment, former Cadian 66th veteran regiment and members of the Raven Guard 1st company. The army focuses on urban targets that are strategic enough that they need to be taken with the least amount of collateral damage. They are trained to take targets quickly and defend them until an occupying force arrives. Well anyway here are some pics of my first squad WIP and a test Cadian Sgt. Let me know what you think and will post more pics upon request.

Sgt
ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians1

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians001-4

FW GD Exclusive Thunderbolt Pilot (will use as a regimental adviser)
ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians002-2

Cadian Sgt and a RT Marine
ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians003-1

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians005-1

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians015

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians016
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime16th November 2009, 3:29 am

This is looking totally AWESOME!

Keep sending more pics, please!
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime16th November 2009, 7:22 pm

Like those bases. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime16th November 2009, 10:50 pm

Couple more pics. Nothing to extravagant. I am realizing how bland these are going to look, going through a internal struggle about it. They are visual unappealing and lack color, but in a sense they are actually perfect because they are meant to be real world and wear urban camo to blend into their enviroment. I think they pull that off well. Let me know what you think.

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians004-2

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians005-3

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians006-2
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime17th November 2009, 12:10 am

The only thing I could possibly suggest is to outline the dark part of the armor (shoulder patches, elbow patches) in a black wash. Just to give it a little more contrast.

Only a possible suggestion. Photos most usually don't convey a miniature very well. These guys may look even more perfect in person.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime17th November 2009, 1:10 am

Oh yeah, it definetly needs a wash and a highlight. This is just the base coat on the Elysian. I washed and highlighted the base though. I will keep you updated on the progress.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime17th November 2009, 4:22 pm

By a "wash" I meant using Badab Black or some other wash to outline the armor patches, not just a blanket wash.

Maybe even using Chaos Black and a fine line brush to outline the armor patches and tops of the boots where they meet the pants.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime17th November 2009, 11:15 pm

You might check out the sooiehammer site. A few years ago a named Jeff (last name escapes me a the moment) had a VERY well painted urban camo marine army. I'm pretty sure some of his minis made it into a White Dwarf as well since he got an honorable mention for painting at a Grand Tournament. It may inspire you to come up with a paint scheme your happy with.
Back to top Go down
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

Location : Crouching in a hole with a lasgun in Sulphur Springs AR

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime21st November 2009, 4:56 pm

I like how in-depth your fluff for this army is.
If you want to mix some Marines in with the regular IG guys while still staying within the IG codex, you could try adding Colonal Straken to your command squad. With a 3+ armor save and his added strength his stats could pass off pretty well as a marine.
Of course I guess you could always just use some Grey Knights allies from the Deamonhunters codex to stand in for the Marines. They're 1st company vets, right? It's believable for them to have WS 5.
Oh, and if you decide you really want them to have some color, you could just paint a colored unit insignia on their shoulder pads. That would add some color to the paint scheme without making them stand out to much.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime23rd November 2009, 10:01 pm

Received my shields today and here are some examples of what I am going to do with them. First off are 3 Cadians with suppression shields. I am going to have 3 in a vet squad to represent carapace armor. They still need FW shotgun bits from the Cadian Vet squad, which will be placed in side the shield for easy access. The squad will be 1 Sgt, 3 Shield guys, 3 FW shotgun guys and 3 FW meltagun guys.

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians05

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians06

Next is a Raven Guard guy for the marine division of my ISOAR (Imperial Strike Operatives Airborne Regiment (Elysian/Cadian/Raven Guard)). He is equiped with a power maul and suppression shield (thunder hammer and storm shield). He is just missing the jump pack, which is in the mail, with enough bits to make second guy. The Raven Guard are taking a big back seat for now, to wait and see what FW comes out with for them with IA8.

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians02

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians03

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians04

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime30th November 2009, 12:51 am

Here are a few more updates:

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians038

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians036 ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians037

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians039

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians031 ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians032

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians033 ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians034 ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Elysians035

Off work the next few days for my bday, so planning on having a few more updates.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime30th November 2009, 2:59 am

These are just getting better and better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard   ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISOAR - Elysians/Cadians/Raven Guard
Page 1 of 1