Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New game board for CHG

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

New game board for CHG Empty
PostSubject: New game board for CHG   New game board for CHG Icon_minitime14th November 2009, 12:51 am

I just started up a new board for play at CHG. The idea is for an ancient Tau or Necron site half buried in a canyon/crater on a desert planet. I'll have some ruins scattered about the crater edge and inside the crater as well. I also plan to build up some spires on the inside of the crater that will be as high as the crater lip. I'm doing the main part of the board in foam with a masonite base to provide support.

It will be a busy board with more than 25% terrain so playing on it will most likely be an option for most players. It may not be "tournament legal" but I hope it will look ok. I plan to have it built in time for the next CHG 40K tournament in December.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get something that looks halfway decent built. I'll do a constructed but pre-paint photo op and then more as it gets painted.

The ruins part may be a little ambitious for me since I haven't done any casting in almost a year but I think it will look good.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

Location : Crouching in a hole with a lasgun in Sulphur Springs AR

PostSubject: Re: New game board for CHG   New game board for CHG Icon_minitime21st November 2009, 6:22 pm

If you decide to make it a tau themed board, I might have some bits you could use.

My dad works as a Respiratory Therapist and is always bringing me these random plastic bits he gets from these kits they use to perform maintenance on some of the equipment they operate. Often, allot of the parts in a kit will go unused and are simply thrown away, so my dad just saves them. I've got entire bag-fulls of the stuff now. Most of the bits have a kind of Tau/industrial feel to them, and are great for adding some interest to buildings.

If you ever go to Hobbytown in Bentonville, you can see some of those bits in use on that modular Tau/desert table that Mike built (right now its underneath one of the gaming tables in the middle of the store). Most to the buildings on that table make liberal use of the bits I loaned Mike, and a few of the buildings are made entirely of those bits. I don't have any pictures of the table, but if I find any I'll post them.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested. I go to Hobbytown and Fayetteville semi-regularly, so if you want some if the bits I'd be happy to drop some off for you somewhere.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: New game board for CHG   New game board for CHG Icon_minitime21st November 2009, 7:53 pm

Cool, I have some ideas for using some of the molds that I have. I bought 'em, might as well use 'em some day.

I am not sure if I want to make scenery templates to put on the main board after I get it laid out or if I want to incorporate the scenery directly on the modular boards I am making. Both ways have their advantages and disadvantages.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: New game board for CHG   New game board for CHG Icon_minitime29th November 2009, 12:03 am

I started shaping one of the board sections today and got some more ideas from the Hot Knife Foam Factory for some desert themes.

The canyon wall section is shaping up nicely with the hot knives I am using.

It will be a different game board than the GW one; hopefully complementary.
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: New game board for CHG   New game board for CHG Icon_minitime30th November 2009, 12:50 am

Planning on coming up on Wednesday to get the SW codex (if you think it will be in) would love for you so show me the table!
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: New game board for CHG   New game board for CHG Icon_minitime30th November 2009, 2:54 am

I have a SW codex set aside for Harbringer but he won't be able to pick it up until after the end of the week. So I can sell you that one and order another one in for Harbringer.

I used the HWFF cutting tool today after watching the video on how to use it. Instead of taking me the rest of the week to finish shaping the main walls it took me just a few hours today. I laid down and shaped one of the two ramps I had planned as well. I will lay and shape the other one tomorrow but hopefully I will be too busy to work on the board. bounce

I am sure I will be able to do some work on the board. It is shaping up rather nicely. I showed Natchos a tip they had on the HWFF website on how to make glittering snow. Using, well....glitter.

I have some ideas on how to make a cave board and using green glitter for Warpstone dust. Along with using gold glitter for... well... gold.

I know, my lack of intelligence, err.. uhm... I mean my overwhelming intellectual capacity amazes even me at times. confused
Back to top Go down
nachos
Eldar with a tramp stamp
nachos

PostSubject: Re: New game board for CHG   New game board for CHG Icon_minitime4th December 2009, 11:15 pm

The Table is commencing nicely it puts my snow table to sham. I guess i'll just have to try to do better on the next one i make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New game board for CHG   New game board for CHG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New game board for CHG
Page 1 of 1