Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IG and Wolf Allies - Concept

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigAl
Servitor with a short circuit
BigAl

IG and Wolf Allies - Concept Empty
PostSubject: IG and Wolf Allies - Concept   IG and Wolf Allies - Concept Icon_minitime6th August 2012, 7:10 pm

Nids are in the bag, so I am thinking through a second army for 6th where I can actually take allies. I want a shootie army with a psy support ally. Originally tried Tau and Eldar, which was meh. I fear the Tau are too few in number to take much punishment and remain effective and having to wait until next year for a codex is a little too far away if I want to buy the figs in the near future. Love the guns; not lov'n the army dynamics.

This brings me to IG with space wolf allies. In theory here's how it goes (approximately):

Take Naj - Mr. master of storms and all things weather related. He get 7 (!) rolls on the highly important Divination and Biomancy chart and can cast 2/turn. You may see where this is going.

10 strong wolf unit to fulfill troop choice. They serve as speed bump and potential objective grabber.

IG consists of roughly:

Company command w/plasma and Chimera
Platoon command w/ flamers and Chimera
4 combined infantry squads with 4 autocannons and 4 plasma guns
Defense Line fortification
2 Autocannon heavy weapons teams = 6 autocannons
1 Special weapon team with flamers - rides in a Vendetta
2 Vendettas
2 Medusas
1 Mantacore

Naj hangs out with the infantry blob and buffs the crap out of them and everyone nearby. Command and platoon sergeants issue orders that make stuff autocannons twinlinked or las shoot more. I can even go to ground (get 2+ cover) and issue an order to get back up and shoot the next turn! Woot! Big guns and vendettas blow crap up in the back and mid field and generally make people not want to sit still and get shot.

Just a concept at this point and I doubt it would stand the trials of playtesting, but it sounds like fun to see if I can overwatch a unit off the board with full BS, reroll to hit, 8 Plasma gun shots, 8 Autocannon shots , 56 lasgun shots. Smile
Back to top Go down

IG and Wolf Allies - Concept
Page 1 of 1